Author Topic: Paul George, DeMarcus Cousins trade rumors: Celtics will be at front of the line  (Read 8095 times)

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Pacers would need the 18' BRK pick and the Memphis pick to even pick up the phone.
They'd also want Rozier.

Cousins just isn't worth that much to me. The market for him will be very small. High risk, and GM's don't want him messing up their rebuilding projects- so he must go somewhere that has veteran WINNERS and the assets that are good enough for the Kings to accept a trade. Not many teams are in that boat and the C's are one of the front runners.

Cousins could be had for waaaayyy less. A Brooklyn pick, and maybe one of Rozier or Olynyk.
No other GM's are going to risk their jobs for DMC.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
Was it said with a smile by DMC  ;):

When told many fans in Boston want him, he said, “I heard. I heard.” 13 hours ago – via Twitter GwashburnGlobe

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2477
We'd have to totally gut our team to get both George and Cousins, though it would likely be worth it. We'd need to outbid various other teams, like the Lakers and maybe the Wolves etc.

IMO to get two superstars of that caliber it would cost us:

2017 Brk pick
2018 Brk pick
Memphis Pick
Clips Pick
Brown
Smart
Rozier
Crowder
Bradley
Olynyk

+ salaries (Amir, JJ, Zeller) to make the trades work.

If we're lucky we have IT left over, and have 4 all-stars (Horford, IT, Cousins, George) in the starting lineup.

We'd be a contender for many years, despite an extremely thin bench.

But as we saw in 2008, getting those top players is more important than having a deep bench.

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
Just for fun.

To Boston Cousins, George Casspi

To Pacers:  Crowder, Jerebko, 18 Nets 1st, Memphis 1st

To Kings: Johnson, Brown, Young, Jackson, 17 Nets pick, Clipper pick

Boston lineup

C Cousins
PF Horford
SF George
SG AB
PG IT

Bench
Smart
Rozier
Casspi
Olynyk
Zeller 

Deep bench
Green
Mickey

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=haxtmpw

Chance of happening.   No, not a chance.
IMO the OP's proposal is unrealistic. I think that you would need both Nets picks to get either George or Cousins individually. Getting both without including Nets 2018 is not happening. This other proposal is better but gives SAC, other than Brown and Nets 2017, quantity over quality. Also, Indiana would probably want at least one of Rozier and Smart.   

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
"IT is close to PG's level, no way I'm giving him up!"

Online trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 616
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
Pacers would need the 18' BRK pick and the Memphis pick to even pick up the phone.
They'd also want Rozier.

Cousins just isn't worth that much to me. The market for him will be very small. High risk, and GM's don't want him messing up their rebuilding projects- so he must go somewhere that has veteran WINNERS and the assets that are good enough for the Kings to accept a trade. Not many teams are in that boat and the C's are one of the front runners.

Cousins could be had for waaaayyy less. A Brooklyn pick, and maybe one of Rozier or Olynyk.
No other GM's are going to risk their jobs for DMC.

lol based on what.. the asking price will always include smart or crowder.
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I swear we figure into every trade rumor and are the internet darling for such trades.

Offline Sixth Man

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Paul George would instantly be the best player on the Celtics but he'd still be far behind guys like LeBron and Durant.  George is no better than a top 5 player at his position, forget about top 5 overall.

Cousins is the most talented center in the league and could conceivably be a top 5 guy overall.  But he has spent his career with a dysfunctional, losing franchise and appears to have a lot of bad habits and flaws that would be fixed.

Making a run at Blake Griffin next year and keeping all of our other assets might be a better move.

Mike

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
One we aren't getting both Boogie and George. If we have an opportunity to add either we should jump at that opportunity.

I would prefer George because he has shown he can carry teams to wins. He's an elite scorer and a fantastic two way player.

I'd easily give up Crowder, 2017 1st, and Memphis 1st plus either Smart or Olynyk, and Johnson to match salaries.

With George we become toe to toe, or as close as we are getting to it with Cleveland. Sign some veteran role players to come off the bench.

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
I would approve the below trade:

Cousins/Casspi/Collison

for

Johnson/Crowder/Jerebko/Rozier/Brooklyn 2018

You gotta give to get and this is the return for an all star (a starter and a lotto pick).

We maintain our core, Crowder should begin to lose min to Brown so he can develop. We net a ball handler for a half season rental in Collison.

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

Cousins/Casspi/Collison

for

You gotta give to get and this is the return for an all star (a starter and a lotto pick).

We maintain our core, Crowder should begin to lose min to Brown so he can develop. We net a ball handler for a half season rental in Collison.

I'd do that trade in a heartbeat. Love Crowder but that would give Brown a chance and throw him into the fire a lot earlier than we intend. But we do get Cousins back with IT/Horford while keeping also Smart and Bradley...you HAVE to do this trade if Sac says yes

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
PG: Thomas
SG: Bradley
SF: Brown
PF: Horford
C: Cousins

Bench: Smart, Casspi, Collison, Olynyk, Zeller, Jackson, Mickey, Green, Young, Nader

I like the idea of letting Brown develop at the expense of short term. Crowder is blocking this.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 03:29:30 PM by Fireworks_Boom! »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532

Cousins/Casspi/Collison

for

I'd do that trade in a heartbeat. Love Crowder but that would give Brown a chance and throw him into the fire a lot earlier than we intend. But we do get Cousins back with IT/Horford while keeping also Smart and Bradley...you HAVE to do this trade if Sac says yes
Sacto wouldn't do that trade at all.  They are arguably giving up the two best players in the trade and are only getting back 1 prime asset.  Terrible trade for Sacto.  No one they even consider it and after an offer like that they may not take another call from Boston.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip