Author Topic: Paul George, DeMarcus Cousins trade rumors: Celtics will be at front of the line  (Read 8149 times)

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
Sacto wouldn't do that trade at all.  They are arguably giving up the two best players in the trade and are only getting back 1 prime asset.

I had to jump over to basketball-reference.com to compare the stats because I felt Crowder was better than anybody else other than Cousins here.

And what did I discover, that there's only one "n" in Collison.

4 years of high profile NCAA basketball, 8 years in the NBA, and all this time I thought his last name was Collinson.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Sacto wouldn't do that trade at all.  They are arguably giving up the two best players in the trade and are only getting back 1 prime asset.

I had to jump over to basketball-reference.com to compare the stats because I felt Crowder was better than anybody else other than Cousins here.

4 years of high profile NCAA basketball, 8 years in the NBA, and all this time I thought his last name was Collinson.
Haha.  I recently discovered that Marcus "Thorton" was actually Marcus Thornton.  Those [dang] N's.

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

you probably also discovered that Collison is a pretty darn good player
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
The OP's original trade idea wouldn't go through for either Sacto or Indy. I would do anything I could to bring in George and Cousins but that's a lot of fire power to send out both ways. However, it makes us 1 or 2 in the East without question.

To Sac for Cousins: Nets 2017, IT, Amir, Memphis first

To Indy for George: Nets 2018, Clippers first, Rozier, Crowder, Jerebko

Smart/Jackson
Bradley/Green/Young
George/Brown
Horford/KO
Cousins/Zeller/Mickey

That's a starting five that any team is going to have a very difficult time beating. Bench needs a bit of work.

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
The OP's original trade idea wouldn't go through for either Sacto or Indy. I would do anything I could to bring in George and Cousins but that's a lot of fire power to send out both ways. However, it makes us 1 or 2 in the East without question.

To Sac for Cousins: Nets 2017, IT, Amir, Memphis first

To Indy for George: Nets 2018, Clippers first, Rozier, Crowder, Jerebko

Smart/Jackson
Bradley/Green/Young
George/Brown
Horford/KO
Cousins/Zeller/Mickey

That's a starting five that any team is going to have a very difficult time beating. Bench needs a bit of work.

I think realistically Sac is going to want to replace Gay with a SF, and ideally think they would want Crowder or Brown. And whoever isn't traded, we can replace them with Brown or Crowder going out for PG.

Also I don't know why the Kings would want IT back, unless their committed to maxing him out.. Which doesn't make any sense..
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
Since we're throwing around trade ideas for Cousins, how about:

To Sac: MSmart
             AJohnson
             JCrowder
             JBrown
             2017 Nets 1st

To Bos: DCousins
             RGay
             AAfflalo

New C's lineup:  IT
                          ABradley
                          RGay
                          AHorford
                          DCousins

Bench:  Rozier
                          KOlynyk
                          Jerebko
                          Nader
                          Afflalo

Sign Nader to back up RGay.

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Really would prefer to have Smart next to Cousins. I think his fierce competitiveness and his ability to make great bounce passes would benefit Cousins really well.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
Really would prefer to have Smart next to Cousins. I think his fierce competitiveness and his ability to make great bounce passes would benefit Cousins really well.

Thought about holding on to MS rather than IT.  Wouldn't need IT's scoring as much, with DC and RG.  Marcus more versitle, position-wise!  Perhaps substitute Ty Lawson for Afflalo to include a better PG backup?
Think it would be a deal benefiting both teams, but for us definitely pushing all chips in for the present!

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I'm not giving IT up. He's close to Paul George's level. 

I do think we should jump at trading for George if he's available. As much as I hate to trade the 2017 Nets pick I'd offer up that pick and Brown.

The Pacers would get a chance at rebooting with Turner, Brown and the Nets pick. They probably could trade Teague for a mid first round pick to another team.

You must be a "true fan" of the Pacers; that is giving up way too much for George.  Two future guaranteed starters, either of both of whom realistically could become all stars, for one current all star?  Maybe give up Crowder and 2018 Nets pick. Maybe.