Author Topic: Trade target (speculation)  (Read 2159 times)

Trade target (speculation)
« on: November 28, 2016, 02:25:48 PM »

Offline timriffic

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12
Paul george  free agency looms,
Boston gets P George

Indiana gets AB and Crowder and Nets 2018 pick

Re: Trade target (speculation)
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 02:30:48 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
I just made a post about this but I  think the issue with these trade speculation stuff is fans think guys like Bird are going to trade us Paul George and their franchise player.  Even if it makes sense on paper it's going to take something creative.

To get George here it would take them getting Brown or IT imo.  plus the nets picks and Crowder and filler.

Bird isn't trading us their franchise player for Crowder and the nets pick when Crowder definately isn't a franchise player and the nets pick might not be as well.

AB may sweeten it but I still don't think Bird is this stupid to potentially plunge the pacers into the abyss. 

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 02:32:10 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I agree with your speculation that George may soon become available, if he isn't already.

The Young-Ellis-Teague core is not going to get you a championship, but they are good role players to have around for a rebuild. Myles Turner can be the future of this team, but does George want to wait another year or two for him to be ready for a playoff battle?

It'd be ideal to give up one of Bradley or Crowder (i prefer to give up Bradley), one of Smart or Rozier, one of Brown, 2017 Nets swap, or 2018 Nets pick, and the future Memphis pick.

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2016, 02:34:01 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
How does having George and Jaylen here work?  George plays a lot of minutes and isn't playing SG or PF.  Crowder can at least slide to PF.

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2016, 02:43:57 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
George can easily slide to PF. he played like strictly PF for half the year last season.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2016, 02:56:52 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
George can easily slide to PF. he played like strictly PF for half the year last season.

how would george and jaylen coexist though?  George would be our sf for sure for hte next 4 or 5  years and Jaylen would rot on the bench?  You rarely see that work. JOrdan and Pippen but they were around the same age and different players.

Jaylen and Crowder coexist because Jaylen could actually beat Crowder out some day. That's not happening with George.

Jaylen could be a ying to his yang sort of thing as a young player but I more think Bird would want Jaylen for George.

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2016, 02:59:52 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

how would george and jaylen coexist though?  George would be our sf for sure for hte next 4 or 5  years and Jaylen would rot on the bench?  You rarely see that work. JOrdan and Pippen but they were around the same age and different players.
I think one of Jaylen's best strengths long term is his ability to guard multiple positions. I think playing him next to a guy who can guard 3's and 4's could be the basis for a scary defense long term.

This is off topic, but I think Tatum or Bridges would be great with the Nets pick because they could combine with Jaylen to make an awesome switch everything 3/4 combo.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2016, 03:03:04 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
I think Bird is smarter than Mchale.  Mchale wanted a young player for Garnett and took Al J.  Jaylen is better than  Al J imo because of his versatility and defensive potential. Bird would see this and want that.

I don't see Bird trading his franchise player to us unless it equals a legit shot at another one.  I don't think the Brooklyn pick alone does it. That is too risky.

Jaylen can beat out Crowder that's the whole thing. Would be great to have both George and jaylen but I think Bird would want IT or Jaylen in return plus the nets pick.

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2016, 03:14:29 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Boston gets P George

Indiana gets AB and Crowder and Nets 2018 pick
seems like an overpayment to me.  2 of those assets I think would be fair value.

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2016, 04:35:04 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

He's under contract for 2.75 more seasons.  Free agency looms for him no more than it does Al Horford.

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2016, 05:36:25 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
Nobody is available except for maybe Cousins. We might have had a shot with Embiid but that's obviously too late now. The guy is a stud. Man. Hopefully he stays healthy.

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2016, 05:37:44 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I like Paul George but that still doesn't help us with our front court. We need a more athletic rebounding big next to Al.

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2016, 05:52:41 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
I like Paul George but that still doesn't help us with our front court. We need a more athletic rebounding big next to Al.

What are you smoking? Paul George is a top ten player in this league. We need a star....How do you say no to that?

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2016, 06:37:10 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I'm gonna speculate that we are after Serge Ibaka.

He's not really moving the needle in Orlando, and I doubt they'll want to extend his deal now they've got Vuc & Bizmack in the fold (not to mention Gordon). 

Amir + the BLK 17' pick swap? 

He'd be a nice fit with our group, mid-prime starting caliber big who can switch & defend at a high level. 

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2016, 11:43:49 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
I'm gonna speculate that we are after Serge Ibaka.

He's not really moving the needle in Orlando, and I doubt they'll want to extend his deal now they've got Vuc & Bizmack in the fold (not to mention Gordon). 

Amir + the BLK 17' pick swap? 

He'd be a nice fit with our group, mid-prime starting caliber big who can switch & defend at a high level.
I would role with a bogut trade for 2016-2017. See what pick we get and then go after George if he becomes available. I don't see Bird making a trade that comes out looking bad for him.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek