Author Topic: BOS/BKN/SAC Blockbuster (trade idea)  (Read 3177 times)

BOS/BKN/SAC Blockbuster (trade idea)
« on: November 28, 2016, 09:54:15 AM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
What ya'll think?

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=z5kmdk5

BKN 2018, 2nd Rd pick to the Nets
MEM 2019, BOS 2018, two 2nds to the Kings

Essentially we give up: Terry Rozier, James Young, Jaylen Brown, Jonas Jerebko, Amir Johnson, BKN 2018, MEM 2019, & 3 second round picks

To get: DeMarcus Cousins & Rudy Gay

« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 06:10:00 PM by CsBanner18 »

Re: BOS/BKN/SAC Blockbuster
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 09:57:14 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
Two Brooklyn picks for Demarcus? No.

One? Probably.

Rudy Gay doesn't do much for me. He makes too much money for a guy that should sit behind Jae Crowder.

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 10:13:43 AM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
Two Brooklyn picks for Demarcus? No.

One? Probably.

Rudy Gay doesn't do much for me. He makes too much money for a guy that should sit behind Jae Crowder.

If the trade is done by the deadline, here's what our roster would look like after:

IT/Bradley/Crowder/Horford/Cousins
Smart/Green/Gay/KO/Zeller

D-Jax, Mickey

Still have THE BKN 2017 pick which would gain value after the Nets trade Lopez, Bogdonovic, & Whitehead.

We still have Nader in the D-league, plus Yabusele & Zizic overseas. Which means next year we could stand to get rid of Olynyk and Zeller.

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2016, 10:16:12 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
overpay. 

Gay doesn't move the needle -- scores but his teams always improve after he leaves them.  We'd likely be doing Sac a favor by taking him whether it looks that way or not.

Cousins only has one year under contract after this year.  If he doesn't sign an extension as part of the trade, this deal is waaaayyyy  too much to give up. 

one other way to look at it, this deal wipes out our depth.  do you want a bench that's essentially left at Smart, KO, Zeller and Gay?  we won't get very far in the playoffs with that.

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2016, 10:30:16 AM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
overpay. 

Gay doesn't move the needle -- scores but his teams always improve after he leaves them.  We'd likely be doing Sac a favor by taking him whether it looks that way or not.

Cousins only has one year under contract after this year.  If he doesn't sign an extension as part of the trade, this deal is waaaayyyy  too much to give up. 

one other way to look at it, this deal wipes out our depth.  do you want a bench that's essentially left at Smart, KO, Zeller and Gay?  we won't get very far in the playoffs with that.

Rudy Gay can provide more scoring off the bench for a contender than Jaylen Brown right now.

Out of Rozier, Young, Jonas, & Amir--Rozier is the only player we should be worried about losing on the bench. Which means it'd be time to see what Demetrius Jackson brings to the table

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2016, 10:59:14 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
overpay. 

Rudy Gay can provide more scoring off the bench for a contender than Jaylen Brown right now.

Out of Rozier, Young, Jonas, & Amir--Rozier is the only player we should be worried about losing on the bench. Which means it'd be time to see what Demetrius Jackson brings to the table
I'd assume Gay would start over Crowder. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2016, 11:12:14 AM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
I see no reason for Brooklyn to do this. Yes, they'd get a pick back, but at the cost of Bropez and Bojan?

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2016, 11:22:39 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
I see no reason for Brooklyn to do this. Yes, they'd get a pick back, but at the cost of Bropez and Bojan?

I can see Brooklyn doing this. They know that they're in full rebuild mode. Neither Lopez nor Bogs is a long-term piece in the future, but few teams are going to give up a top draft pick for either one (or both) of those players. The additions to their team don't pull them out of the bottom 5 for the 2018 draft. That's the best they can hope for.

Mike

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2016, 11:41:37 AM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236

I can see Brooklyn doing this. They know that they're in full rebuild mode. Neither Lopez nor Bogs is a long-term piece in the future, but few teams are going to give up a top draft pick for either one (or both) of those players. The additions to their team don't pull them out of the bottom 5 for the 2018 draft. That's the best they can hope for.

Mike

Eh, I think if you're literally getting one piece for the future in exchange for the two you just ride it out a year or two and tank it up in time for the 2019 draft.

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2016, 11:51:33 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
When I suggested Lopez as part of a Cousins deal before people said that Sac wouldn't want a Center back in the deal because they'd go with youth. I think he'd be a good centrepiece for the deal and if definitely moveable.

I try to simplify this and not bring in Rudy Gay. I take out Brown and JJ and send the Brooklyn 2018 to Sacramento instead. BOS 18 can go to Brooklyn. I'd give BRK D Jackson too if that helped them do it.

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2016, 01:04:43 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
If I had to come up with a Nets, C's, Kings deal I'd want to think one team is rebuilding as far as assets and two are changing their team setups. C's buying into competing. Nets clearing cap and Kings shuffling it up. So my take is

Rozier, Brown, Lopez, Zeller, Clippers 1st and Grizz 1st to Kings.
This is a good package for Cousins and Gay. They get a solid player in Lopez, two players with very good promise and some picks.

AJ, Gay, Koufos, and C's 2018 to Nets.
Nets get to test out Gay in their system, pick up a 1st and free up cap space next off season. They should jump all over this deal for Lopez. Question is who do they target with all their cap space Hayward? Would Griffin leave LA for NY? Hell they could go after both.

Cousins to C's.
They give up a lot of their bench, and the best future prospects/assets but Cousins is the best player in the deal.

Starters= IT, AB, Crowder, Hordeford, Cousins
Bench= Smart, Green, JJ, KO
Reserve=DJ, Mickey

I'd look at players who get bought out to fill the rest of the roster. Or actually take a shot on a China return player.

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2016, 01:31:11 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
What ya'll think?

Essentially we give up: Terry Rozier, James Young, Jaylen Brown, Jonas Jerebko, Amir Johnson, BKN 2018, MEM 2019, & 3 second round picks

this is your idea, not based upon any rumor, right? please label as a trade idea in the title so folks know that.

thanks.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2016, 05:04:24 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
What ya'll think?

this is your idea, not based upon any rumor, right? please label as a trade idea in the title so folks know that.

thanks.

I think it's already clear given that he's used espn trade machine to show it and not provided any links...

Re: BOS/BKN/SAC Blockbuster (trade idea)
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2016, 06:35:26 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Don't quit your dayjob and go into GMing that is a big time over pay.

Re: BOS/BKN/SAC Blockbuster (trade idea)
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2016, 08:40:20 AM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
 No part of me would sign on a trade that gets rid of Jaylen brown.