Author Topic: Sactown Royalty Trade Ideas Page (Boston Deals Included)  (Read 3820 times)

Re: Sactown Royalty Trade Ideas Page (Boston Deals Included)
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2016, 06:34:26 AM »

Offline Rida

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 86
I honestly believe with 18 months left on his contract the window has slammed shut on the 2017 Brooklyn Pick swap being packaged in a Boogie deal.

Divac has waited too long (predictably)

I can't see Danny including that pick now with the likes of Giles, Jackson, Ball, Fultz, Smith lurking.

The good news is that even without that pick we still have the most attractive trade package to offer.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 09:29:52 AM by Rida »

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2016, 08:32:27 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I think trade #1 is more realistic from our end but there is no way in hell that Danny would give up Smart and the Brooklyn pick in a Cousins trade.
I would never do #2.

Cousins is an enormous risk. He's not fetching these kind of hauls with multiple jackpot assets with only 18 months on his deal and more personalities that an old folks home.

There just aren't that many teams that will give up all that much for Cousins because of his attitude problems.
I honestly think something like:

BRK 17' pick
KO
Amir

would get it done at the end of the day.
I just don't see that many suitors for DMC, he needs to go a place with strong veteran presence and his new team will not want him in there as the lead example for a bunch of young guys.

We are one of the only teams with the veteran presence strong enough to take him and and not let him rule the roost. He's the kind of guy that needs good role models around him so he can follow their example and there just aren't that many squads like that WITH assets like we have around the NBA. We are the perfect landing spot for a 'disgruntled star'.

What other teams GM's would risk their careers by giving up young pieces/top 5 picks to add DeMarcus Cousins as the centrepiece of their locker room?
edit: And what assets would those GM's be willing to give up to risk their job?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 08:53:48 AM by chambers »
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2016, 09:34:34 AM »

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
Wasn't Lowe said the other day that BS isn't very fond of Boogie (his character) and that DA is somewhere in the middle?

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2016, 10:24:16 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Wasn't Lowe said the other day that BS isn't very fond of Boogie (his character) and that DA is somewhere in the middle?

Yes. And I think he has a strong argument. Cousins does not fit Stevens profile very well, either on or off the court. I see the Cs making an offer when Cousins becomes available, but only on the basis of picks -- not core guys like Bradley or Smart.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)