Author Topic: Sactown Royalty Trade Ideas Page (Boston Deals Included)  (Read 3818 times)

Sactown Royalty Trade Ideas Page (Boston Deals Included)
« on: November 26, 2016, 03:31:58 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2016/11/21/13706726/sb-nation-kings-trade-roundup

In case some people are bored and also curious, a Kings fan organized a bunch of trade rumors/ideas into one fanpost thread, and it includes trade proposals for various teams either found online in articles or posted by others from different fanbases onto the Sactown site. These are for rumored Kings trade targets (Gay, Cousins, WCS, McLemore, Casspi, etc.).

There are some Boston ideas posted (some three-way deals, some separate Kings-Celtics trade ideas). I posted an idea a month ago and it's included (Boston Trade Idea #2), and it's also currently the most popular according to the poll  8)

So if you guys wish, check it out and I'd love to hear thoughts and/or other ideas.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Re: Sactown Royalty Trade Ideas Page (Boston Deals Included)
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 04:16:29 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Let's break these down, shall we?

Boston (idea #1):

Boston: DMC

Kings: Johnson, Ollynyk, Rozier, Nets 2018 pick, Clippers 2019 pick, and Memphis 2019 pick

So the Celts give up Amir, KO, Rozier, and three first round picks, including a BRK pick.

Pros: Three rotation players for one superstar big.  That's a great deal.  The three picks are a lot to give up, but there's not much room for picks on this team anymore, is there?

Cons: There are 1.5 years left on Cousins' deal.  I wouldn't bet much money on DMC staying in Boston if the team doesn't enjoy immediate success.  That's a lot of risk.

Would I do it: Definitely.  You get Cousins without giving up more than one BRK pick and you keep all of IT, Smart, AB, Crowder, and Horford.  No brainer.

Boston (idea #2):

Boston: DMC and BMac

Kings: Smart or Rozier (Kings choice), Johnson, Rights to Yabusele, Young, Nets 2017 pick, 2018 Boston 1st, 2019 Clippers or Grizzlies 1st (Kings choice)

Two rotation players, two prospects, and three 1sts, including one BRK pick.

More or less the same analysis as above.  Could be expensive to keep KO along with everybody else next summer.

Would I do it?

Definitely.  IT, AB, Crowder, Horford and one of the BRK picks remain after the deal.  No brainer.

Two part Boston-Timerwolves-Kings trade:

Boston: Rubio and Timberwolves 2017 1st

Timberwolves: Rozier, Johnson, Timerwolves get back their 2017 2nd round pick, and Boston 2018 1st

Second part of the proposed deal (now that they've acquired the big guns):

Boston: DMC and "filler"

Kings: Rubio, D. Jackson, Jordan Mickey or James Young, Nets 2017 pick, and Minnesota 2017 pick

This one is excessively complicated.  Basically, the Celts give up Rozier, Amir, 2018 1st, Jackson, Mickey/Young, Nets 2017.

Again ... you get Cousins while keeping IT, AB, Smart, Crowder, Horford and one of the BRK picks.  I think you gotta do it.

Boston (idea #3):

Boston: DMC and WCS

Kings: Nets 2017 and 2018 pick swaps, Zeller, Johnson, Rozier, Young, and the rights to Zizic

Both Nets picks, Zeller, Amir, Rozier, Young, and Zizic.

That's too much.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2016, 04:20:11 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Would the Celtics actually Win games with DMC---? Or would we lose games, like Sactown?
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2016, 04:24:46 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Oh yeah, you definitely do the first two, especially the first one which is an absolute steal. I'd much prefer if the second deal included Rozier over Smart, but I think you'd have to do it either way.

That first trade might actually rival the Brooklyn trade for being so one-sided. No way do we keep this year's pick in any Boogie trade, let alone Brown for that matter.

I still think this is a good trade for all involved:

Boston: Cousins and Collison

Sacramento: Amir, Brown, Rozier, Young, Boston 2017 pick (w/ Brooklyn swap), and Memphis pick

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 04:26:44 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Here's the real question though - with the 2017 pick almost necessarily included in any Boogie deal, which is very heavy on guards, would Smart or Rozier really have to be included, especially with Mcelmore playing better this year? I think they'd much prefer a swing like Brown over a guard like Smart or Rozier.

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2016, 04:33:06 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Those are all pretty bad for Kings. If I'm not getting one choice from each of the following I'm not dealing with C's

1. Smart or Crowder
2. Brown or Nets 2017
3. Zeller or AJ
4. Rozier or Clipper+Grizz 1st

However you want to mix and match I'd think C's are willing to deal close that just for Cousins. IMO it should be Smart, Brown, Zeller and Clippers+Grizz 1st.

And there should be a Blazers trade variation. They have to be interested and can make a package around CJ.

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2016, 04:40:39 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Would the Celtics actually Win games with DMC---? Or would we lose games, like Sactown?

I'm sure people on the Pistons boards were saying the same thing about Rasheed Wallace when he was on the Jail Blazers.

I'm sure there were plenty of people calling into Memphis radio stations saying that they thought it was a bad idea to bring in Zach Randolph after his maligned stint with the Knicks.

Big guys with attitude problems are usually the type that you want on their second contract. In their defense, there is typically a lot put on their shoulders from the moment they step in the league. People see them dominate games and wonder why it isn't translating into the win column. 

Imagine though what Sac Would look like without Boogie. They'd be the worst team in years. Even subtracting the players that we'd need to give up in a trade for Demarcus, the supporting cast that we could put around him would be world's ahead of any team he's played with since Kentucky. Would not be worried at all about losing with Demarcus.

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2016, 05:36:22 PM »

Offline MikeJelly

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
Seriously those trades where we get to keep all of IT, Smart, AB, Crowder, Horford, Jaylen and the 2017 pick are just highway robbery. If that was actually on the table I do that in a heartbeat. like Rozier (gotta give something to get something), Amir (weak part of our starters anyway), 2018 Nets (really they'll be better next year) and some combination of our scrubs for the best Center in the league and the ability to keep this years Nets pick. HIGHWAY ROBBERY

Sounds like an Ainge deal, let's get it done :P

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2016, 06:35:23 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
Get Philly bigs involved?

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hvsepum

BOS: Cousins, Noel, Collison
PHILLY: Bradley, WCS, future 1st (BOS)
SAC: Okafor, Rozier, Johnson, BKN 1st (2017), MEM (19)

For Philly: they unload their big man problem in one deal, getting WCS as a cheap Noel replacement/ Embiid backup under contract. Bradley becomes their best guard and provides a veteran presence. If Simmons returns as a point forward, a Bradley/ Stauskas/ Saric/ Simmons/ Embiid lineup looks interesting.

For Sac: replace Cousins with younger Okafor, while picking up Rozier and two high picks.

For Boston: get Cousins + rentals on Noel and Collison. This is only taking on $7M against next year's cap, so could still be a deal away (cough Zeller cough) from max cap room. If that doesn't materialize, we have the inside track on resigning Noel (whose price probably won't explode in a bench role).

Guards: Thomas, Collison, Smart, Brown
Wings: Crowder, Jerebko, Young, Green
Bigs: Horford, Cousins, Noel, KO

Starters: Thomas / Smart / Crowder / Horford / Cousins

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2016, 08:21:37 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
The first trade is an absolute STEAL
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2016, 09:47:35 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Take any pick and player they want

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2016, 10:06:13 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

I'm sure people on the Pistons boards were saying the same thing about Rasheed Wallace when he was on the Jail Blazers.

I'm sure there were plenty of people calling into Memphis radio stations saying that they thought it was a bad idea to bring in Zach Randolph after his maligned stint with the Knicks.

Big guys with attitude problems are usually the type that you want on their second contract. In their defense, there is typically a lot put on their shoulders from the moment they step in the league. People see them dominate games and wonder why it isn't translating into the win column. 

Imagine though what Sac Would look like without Boogie. They'd be the worst team in years. Even subtracting the players that we'd need to give up in a trade for Demarcus, the supporting cast that we could put around him would be world's ahead of any team he's played with since Kentucky. Would not be worried at all about losing with Demarcus.

I feel the same. No one can guarantee that he won't ever be a problem, but I think that being on a winning team with a healthy culture and a good coach would do wonders for him.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2016, 10:08:45 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
IMO you do all three and probably most any you or they can come up with. This is like winning a Mercedes and hesitating to accept it because you have to pay the excise tax. It's time to get on with competing at the highest level and leaving the drafting of teenagers, bad knees or not, to the Kings of the NBA world.

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2016, 12:01:52 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
1st -- hell yeah -- total steal
2nd - take out Smart and Bmac and I'd do it.
2-parter - seems like a lot for Cousins 'and filler' at that point.
'3rd' - would give them rights to Yabu over Zizic. 

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2016, 01:55:01 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Honestly do any of the trades, but I'm not really convinced Isaiah Thomas would be a good fit next to DMC. DMC is a high usage player, so I would think IT should be best suited coming off the bench. The IT, Rudy Gay, and Cousins were all scoring over 20 PPG, and I think that was an NBA record at the time, but... As we can see, we clearly saw how the result ended up being not that impressive.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different