Author Topic: Thibs looking to trade youth for established Vet  (Read 4674 times)

Re: Thibs looking to trade youth for established Vet
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2016, 04:56:18 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Can LaVine shoot?

I bet if you employed some internet wizardry you could answer that question for yourself.

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2016, 05:06:02 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
I think this is code for we want to trade Rubio. You people proposing Bradley and Crowder for Wiggins are clearly off your rockers. The only trades that I see us making with the Wolves are for either Lavine, Dieng, or Muhammed. I think the most beneficial trade for us is either for Dieng or Muhammed because with Dieng we get a good rebounder/shotblocker and with Muhammed we get a scoring threat off the bench along with depth at the 3.

While Lavine is an interesting piece for the Celtics he's a step down defensively and we'd probably have to give up too much to get him.

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2016, 05:08:15 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
I know you disagreed the Lakers could make playoffs and we don't need to restart that, but razz what picks do you predict for the 76ers.
I actually said the Lakers had an outside shot at the playoffs because Walton was a good coach and he might get them some wins in close games against all the other bad teams.  I still don't think they'll make the playoffs but with all the bad teams I'm not sure its going to take 41 wins like I thought it would.  Before the season, I would have predicted the Sixers and Lakers finishing 3rd and 5th worst.  Now I'd predict 3rd and 10th worst.  As to the picks themselves, that's up to the lottery.  I really like how this draft is looking and wish we had that Lakers pick whether it ends up 10th or 15th. 

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2016, 06:10:56 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2016, 07:29:28 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Can LaVine shoot?

More of a question is can he defend? Shooting and scoring alone won't earn him playing time under Brad Stevens, unless IT went out.

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2016, 11:51:43 AM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
You can forget getting Lavine, Wiggins, Dieng, or KAT. He is most likely trying to trade a young guy like Tyus, Payne, or Shabazz and getting an OK vet to bring off the bench. Not a huge surprise.

This. The kinds of moves Thibs would be looking to make are more of a match with a team like the Nets or Sixers.