Author Topic: Thibs looking to trade youth for established Vet  (Read 4714 times)

Thibs looking to trade youth for established Vet
« on: November 26, 2016, 07:22:48 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406

Re: Thibs looking to trade youth for established Vet
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 07:57:41 AM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
yeah right.  hes looking for a mid level established player at best, just for a winning influence and attitude.

Similar to what the Wizards had with Paul Pierce a couple seasons ago
Greg

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2016, 07:59:28 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
yeah right.  hes looking for a mid level established player at best, just for a winning influence and attitude.

Similar to what the Wizards had with Paul Pierce a couple seasons ago
Would be crazy to trade away either KAT or Wiggins.  Maybe Lavine. 

Could Celtics realistically get Dieng for Amir?

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2016, 08:25:55 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Rubio for a couple of vets that don't mind coming off the bench seems likely.

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 10:07:47 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
From the OP article:

His first look will be for a player he already knows and trusts because he’s already had that player in his system.

AB?

Boy, would it be hard to part with AB. He, Smart and Crowder are like the hounds of hell for other teams. He has improved every year since he's been here and is beginning to show why he was #1 on some high school college recruit rankings. He works his ass off, has improved every year and is a consummate Celtic.

That being said, what would you want for AB from The Wolves, or would it have to be a 3-way?

If the Wolves, would you start with Dieng? Are Dieng and Muhammad enough for AB?

Would Thibs ever bite on Wiggins for AB and a pick?

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2016, 10:26:53 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

If there's a team out there that wants Rubio's contract.  I think Philly would take him, but they don't have the requisite vets.

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2016, 10:31:20 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
From the OP article:

His first look will be for a player he already knows and trusts because he’s already had that player in his system.

AB?

Boy, would it be hard to part with AB. He, Smart and Crowder are like the hounds of hell for other teams. He has improved every year since he's been here and is beginning to show why he was #1 on some high school college recruit rankings. He works his ass off, has improved every year and is a consummate Celtic.

That being said, what would you want for AB from The Wolves, or would it have to be a 3-way?

If the Wolves, would you start with Dieng? Are Dieng and Muhammad enough for AB?

Would Thibs ever bite on Wiggins for AB and a pick?

I'm fairly sure Thibs was gone by the time we drafted AB, and if not, AB was in the D-league most of the time.  He hasn't been in Boston for awhile.  Any player he "knows and trusts" will be from his Chicago days.

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2016, 10:49:20 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551

If there's a team out there that wants Rubio's contract.  I think Philly would take him, but they don't have the requisite vets.
Philly wouldn't want Rubio.  He'd be a terrible fit with Simmons.  They need shooters. 

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2016, 10:55:30 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

Philly wouldn't want Rubio.  He'd be a terrible fit with Simmons.  They need shooters.

They also need a PG who's capable of getting the ball to their bigs in good position in the post.  Philly is a terrible team -- they need a lot of things.  But the larger point was I'm not sure Rubio has a huge market, because of his shooting deficiency and inconsistent health.

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2016, 11:08:24 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Gotta wonder whether Thibs will prove open to trading Wiggins, considering how good KAT is combined with ZLs perimeter scoring ability.

I'm more than open to selling high on Crowder. I wonder if a three team deal could be worked with Crowder going to MIN, a pick and a prospect going to the 3rd team, in exchange for another vet going to MIN and Wiggins coming to Boston. 
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2016, 11:28:30 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551

They also need a PG who's capable of getting the ball to their bigs in good position in the post.  Philly is a terrible team -- they need a lot of things.  But the larger point was I'm not sure Rubio has a huge market, because of his shooting deficiency and inconsistent health.
Simmons will be the Sixer's PG on offense and Sergio will become their backup PG.  They're a terrible team without Embiid.  With Embiid, they are simply bad.   With Embiid and Simmons plus two good picks in the 2017 draft, they should have a good future.   

I'm not sure Rubio has any market with his deficiencies and still having 2 more years on his contract.  I can't see them getting anything significant in return for him.  If they are actually trying to make a significant trade, LaVine seems to be who they'd have to move. 
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 11:37:00 AM by tazzmaniac »

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2016, 11:55:41 AM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
I know you disagreed the Lakers could make playoffs and we don't need to restart that, but razz what picks do you predict for the 76ers.

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2016, 01:48:46 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Can LaVine shoot?
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2016, 02:08:48 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
You can forget getting Lavine, Wiggins, Dieng, or KAT. He is most likely trying to trade a young guy like Tyus, Payne, or Shabazz and getting an OK vet to bring off the bench. Not a huge surprise.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2016, 02:40:25 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
They have to do something.  They should be better than they are based on their talent level but they just can't finish games at this point.  Ideally I think they would want a PG who could start, since that's the position where you can most organize and settle a team.  Rubio (along with a young  player/pick) to me is the guy to go, especially where you have Dunn waiting in the wings (and right now he can't shoot either apparently).

A part time guy does them no good.  They need someone who can log starter minutes at least in the near term.

Unfortunately I don't think we're a match