Author Topic: It's Time To Think Hard About Trading For Andrew Bogut  (Read 12745 times)

Re: It's Time To Think Hard About Trading For Andrew Bogut
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2016, 06:06:25 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2016, 10:57:25 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Absolutely. He's exactly what we need, would fit perfectly, and is an expiring deal. It makes too much sense.

Still would rather have Noel, and Boogie even moreso, but would gladly take Bogut if it only cost us something like Zeller and some seconds or a later first.

And, who knows, he might be someone worth resigning on a modest contract if we strike out on other free agent bigs (Griffin, Milsap, Ibaka, etc.) and/or trades.

Yeah as I stated in the article as much as I'm holding out for a potential Cousins deal... I just don't think it will materialize. That's why Bogut could be a SOLID Plan C (Plan B being another possible all-star available - also unlikely).

And Millsap? Doesn't adding Millsap make us the new Atlanta Hawks... Horford, Millsap, and instead of Teague you have Isaiah Thomas
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2016, 11:19:04 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I certainly don't need to be convinced Bogut and Horford would be a good fit.

Bogut would give us some much needed rebounding and added rim protection, both along side Al but also when he is not on the court.   The Celtics have been woeful without Al on the court.

Then there is the obvious upside in that Bogut won't demand huge minutes and won't be a burden in the lockeroom when we ultimately go small to close out most games. The expiring contract makes him a perfect secondary target if there isn't a legit big fish to net.

Well see whether or not Dallas is willing to move him for a reasonable price, and how long before they are, if they are.

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2016, 11:24:56 AM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
I like ABogut, but I wouldn't break the bank for him.

Our problem, IMO is our length.  We just too short of a team specially when we are closing games.  Our 3 guard line up has to be the shortest in the league -- by quite a bit....

Hard to close games if we can't secure rebounds in the last 2 minutes

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2016, 11:30:13 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
To help match salaries in a potential deal, who would you trade?

- Amir Johnson OR Tyler Zeller

(I know I said Zeller originally in my post, but now I'm leaning towards Amir. We may need Zeller's contract on draft-day to help facilitate a deal)

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2016, 11:43:06 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551
To help match salaries in a potential deal, who would you trade?

- Amir Johnson OR Tyler Zeller

(I know I said Zeller originally in my post, but now I'm leaning towards Amir. We may need Zeller's contract on draft-day to help facilitate a deal)
Amir.  Zeller can't be traded until January 15. 

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2016, 12:24:24 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I'd be a bit concerned about what happens to the offense with such a zero threat out there.  This team can't afford to play 4 on 5 offensively.  But yeah, trying to get Bogut makes sense.  We need rebounding and beef inside.

He can do basically as much as Amir. He's an excellent passer, too. He could help the second unit a lot with its ball movement.

No, he can't.  He's not as mobile as Amir.  He can't shoot at all. He doesn't have as much bounce inside to finish as Amir does.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2016, 01:45:34 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
I'd be a bit concerned about what happens to the offense with such a zero threat out there.  This team can't afford to play 4 on 5 offensively.  But yeah, trying to get Bogut makes sense.  We need rebounding and beef inside.

He can do basically as much as Amir. He's an excellent passer, too. He could help the second unit a lot with its ball movement.

No, he can't.  He's not as mobile as Amir.  He can't shoot at all. He doesn't have as much bounce inside to finish as Amir does.
You'd still make that trade though wouldn't you..,
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2016, 02:47:47 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

I think he would start here and not be part of the second unit. 

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2016, 02:58:26 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540

Our problem, IMO is our length.  We just too short of a team specially when we are closing games.  Our 3 guard line up has to be the shortest in the league -- by quite a bit....

TP 

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2016, 03:34:53 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Yep, and that's the thing with Bogut, you won't have to break the bank for him especially if the Mavericks decide to rebuild.

Maybe a salary match (Amir), and 1-2 second rounders. Might have to give up one of Jackson or Young too but that's not much value considering C's still have 2 second rounders in 2017 after the trade and Amir is pretty much gone next summer anyways.

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2016, 04:05:19 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

You'd still make that trade though wouldn't you..,

Yes, but the team would be much better with Bogut & Amir as opposed to Bogut & Zeller.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2016, 06:29:38 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
The Celtics are a team that relishes going small. Both Danny and Stevens believe going small is the path to success. Who ever the center is that we trade for (other than Cousins, who also stretches the floor) should be ready to play 20-22 minutes at best.

Bogut would be a nice fit if he realizes his minutes, just like at Golden State, will be limited. He's an excellent defender, a solid rebounder, has the presents and toughness we need, and is a team guy that plays without ego. At 31, with 11 years under his belt, and a championship, he would be give Horford a chance to finally play some minutes at power forward, saving some wear and tear on his body.

« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2016, 06:45:40 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
Fantasy land proposal:

Johnson, Zeller, Jerebko and a late 1st for Dirk, with the agreement that they release Bogut and he comes to Boston.

« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2016, 07:24:37 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Fantasy land proposal:

Johnson, Zeller, Jerebko and a late 1st for Dirk, with the agreement that they release Bogut and he comes to Boston.

The first part is an awful deal, and the second part would almost certainly be disallowed by the league. They're not so stupid that they wouldn't know what was going on (and, actually, I think a Zeller/Bogut deal then Dirk/Amir+Jerebko deal would work with only minor filler)
I'm bitter.