Author Topic: Bos-Den-Ind Trade Idea(s)  (Read 947 times)

Bos-Den-Ind Trade Idea(s)
« on: November 25, 2016, 12:14:21 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
This is not the typical "trade idea" thread, but more of a "can you imagine the fit" thread. Basically, it comes down to, if we were to get George, how I think Faried would be a perfect fit next to George, Horford, and Thomas.

I don't want to trade for Faried first. In my opinion, that doesn't make us much better. However, if we had scoring star on the wing, then Faried makes sense as the 4th best starter on the team.

Why Faried? 1) Rebounding - this is obvious, but his ability to rebound on both ends of the court would be helpful. 2) Defense - while he has been lazy at times, he is really putting in effort on that side of the court. His ability to defend the pick and roll would fit CBS system perfect. Plus, he would be another body to throw at James or Durant. 3) Team USA player - there is something about playing for team USA that teaches players winning basketball. Getting both Faried and George in this way would be huge. 4) Energy - depending on who we would have to give up, can you imagine Faried feeding off the energy of Smart, or Crowder, or Bradley, and vice-versa.

Why George? I know he is a high usage guy, but he is a top 10 player in the NBA. I know some people will say, "I don't want George," but whatever.

Bird's attempts to rebuild the team have been ... interesting. They are solid, but are they contenders? Will they ever be? It seems like Bird built this team to be competitive in a rebuild. Turner looks like the real deal, but is George going to be patient over the next 2-3 years?

Even if George was available, would anyone know it?

How does the trade work? (prepare for confusion) It really depends on what the Pacers and Nuggets want. If the Nuggets want to commit to a rebuild and clean up their roster (there is not enough PT for Nurkic and Jokic), they could send either Gallo or Chandler to the Pacers to replace some of George's production. We can send the Nuggets Johnson, Jerebko, 2019 Memphis 1st, 2019 Clippers 1st. Would they want more? Probably, and we have plenty of assets to give them. Do they want some young prospects too? We got em. Do they want a rotation guy back? There is a lot of moving parts here, but that is the basics.

If the Nuggets send Gallo (or Chandler) to the Pacers, we would also send Bradley (or Crowder), Rozier (or Smart), 2017 Nets pick (or Brown), and the 2018 Nets pick. Again, there is a lot of moving parts here, and it really comes down to what they want.

If we ended up with the Thomas-George-Faried-Horford core, while giving up all our picks, and we were able to keep 2 of Crowder-Smart-Bradley-Brown, I'd be super happy.

Re: Bos-Den-Ind Trade Idea(s)
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2016, 12:37:35 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Faried comes of the bench in denver, that means we should not overpay.

Re: Bos-Den-Ind Trade Idea(s)
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 12:43:11 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Faried comes of the bench in denver, that means we should not overpay.

I disagree with your reasoning and he has started 7 games this year. They moved Jokic to the bench.