Author Topic: 2016-2017 Gordon Hayward Thread (We Did It Guys! Fireworks!!!)  (Read 324862 times)

Re: 2016-2017 Gordon Hayward Thread
« Reply #150 on: May 25, 2017, 10:39:28 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904
Well, at least we can sell Hayward on the fact that IT was injured, so this series doesn't truly represent these two teams.

Obviously I still don't think we would've won if IT was healthy, but I do think it would've been more competitive and not these blowouts.

« Reply #151 on: May 26, 2017, 05:26:34 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2912
  • On To Banner 18!
Well, at least we can sell Hayward on the fact that IT was injured, so this series doesn't truly represent these two teams.

Obviously I still don't think we would've won if IT was healthy, but I do think it would've been more competitive and not these blowouts.

Yeah, and we could say we were 7 wins away from a Finals. Plus adding a #1 pick is not too shabby either. Plus having another lottery pick next season too.  ;D

Utah is in pretty good shape too though so I don't blame him if he wants to stay (and they can offer Hayward more $$$ too).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #152 on: May 26, 2017, 05:31:57 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Yeah, and we could say we were 7 wins away from a FinalsChampionship. Plus adding a #1 pick is not too shabby either. Plus having another lottery pick next season too.  ;D

Utah is in pretty good shape too though so I don't blame him if he wants to stay (and they can offer Hayward more $$$ too).
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #153 on: May 26, 2017, 05:39:05 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Yeah, and we could say we were 7 wins away from a FinalsChampionship. Plus adding a #1 pick is not too shabby either. Plus having another lottery pick next season too.  ;D

Yep  ;D

TP for the correction.  :P

« Reply #154 on: May 26, 2017, 05:42:39 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951

I think so too,  if everybody was 100 % the Celtics would have played the Cavs closer ,  still losing more than likely ,  but maybe a 6 or 7 closer game series  without blowouts.

until Lebron starts to break down alittle , they are out spending Boston too with mega contracts ,  over coming them is going to be tuff.

« Reply #155 on: May 26, 2017, 10:48:31 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

I think so too,  if everybody was 100 % the Celtics would have played the Cavs closer ,  still losing more than likely ,  but maybe a 6 or 7 closer game series  without blowouts.

until Lebron starts to break down alittle , they are out spending Boston too with mega contracts ,  over coming them is going to be tuff.

If Lebron loses even a touch in the next few years, East is WIDE OPEN.

Without him, Cavs are trash, even with Irving+Love.

Meanwhile, C's will keep adding talent next year or two and developing the young guys.

Hopefully we can sell Hayward on that too.

« Reply #156 on: May 27, 2017, 02:44:10 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.

If Lebron loses even a touch in the next few years, East is WIDE OPEN.

Without him, Cavs are trash, even with Irving+Love.

Meanwhile, C's will keep adding talent next year or two and developing the young guys.

Hopefully we can sell Hayward on that too.
He will not beat the Warriors sooner than we beat the Cavs. We have a shot at him make no doubt. I just wonder if he was a Celtic fan as a kid.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #157 on: May 29, 2017, 11:00:24 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Tom Brady. IT4. PP34. KG. Ainge. Horford. David Ortiz. Fultz. Jaylen.

I expect them all right outside Hayward's door before midnight, July 1, and right after it strikes midnight, they knock.  :laugh:

« Reply #158 on: June 01, 2017, 10:50:33 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
http://www.gordonhayward20.life/2017/06/01/the-finals-2/

Gordon Hayward on his blog wrote a prediction for the series.

HE PREDICTS WARRIORS WIN IN 5 OR 6 GAMES...  :o :laugh:

Maybe he sees the writing on the wall and realizes the East is a tad bit easier than West, especially if Lebron loses a touch in the next few years...  ???

« Reply #159 on: June 01, 2017, 10:55:19 PM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91

I expect them all right outside Hayward's door before midnight, July 1, and right after it strikes midnight, they knock.  :laugh:

Hayward isn't Durant so TB12, Big Papi, PP, and KG can stay home and get a good night's rest.

« Reply #160 on: June 01, 2017, 11:07:48 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
http://www.gordonhayward20.life/2017/06/01/the-finals-2/

Gordon Hayward on his blog wrote a prediction for the series.

HE PREDICTS WARRIORS WIN IN 5 OR 6 GAMES...  :o :laugh:

Maybe he sees the writing on the wall and realizes the East is a tad bit easier than West, especially if Lebron loses a touch in the next few years...  ???
Yeah they say Utah is a good place(team), but they aren't!
They aren't likely to recruit big FAs or even form a big 3 since they are a small market and there isn't no Curry/Green/Klays waiting to happen , so it basically means Hayward will be stuck in "medicore"(relatively) through his prime if he stay, 1st~2nd round year after year, and look what that pans out for CP3 and his legacy

« Reply #161 on: June 01, 2017, 11:19:57 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Hayward isn't Durant so TB12, Big Papi, PP, and KG can stay home and get a good night's rest.

Just to be safe, send KG to the meeting.

So when Hayward asks, "you sure we can beat Cleveland and Lebron, then Golden State??", KG can just yell, "ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE" every time  :laugh:

« Reply #162 on: June 07, 2017, 10:02:06 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
@jpotter33 may be on to something.

If Warriors sweep or take this in 5 (likely), Hayward could see the West overall as a whole lot more difficult and as we see with Cleveland, once Lebron loses a touch (hopefully in 3 years), the Cavs are trash and East is there for the taking.

Plus Celtics adding a #1 pick in Fultz who can be Irving 2.0 or even a Harden with slightly better defense (ceiling IMO).

Even Hayward predicted Warriors win in 5 or 6 games.

« Reply #163 on: June 07, 2017, 10:10:07 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951

If Warriors sweep or take this in 5 (likely), Hayward could see the West overall as a whole lot more difficult and as we see with Cleveland, once Lebron loses a touch (hopefully in 3 years), the Cavs are trash and East is there for the taking.

Plus Celtics adding a #1 pick in Fultz who can be Irving 2.0 or even a Harden with slightly better defense (ceiling IMO).

he is right.....Celtics are closer to beating Cavs than Utah is to beating GS.

« Reply #164 on: June 07, 2017, 10:53:54 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

he is right.....Celtics are closer to beating Cavs than Utah is to beating GS.

Celtics are closer to beating Warriors than they are to beating Cavs.