Author Topic: 2016-2017 Gordon Hayward Thread (We Did It Guys! Fireworks!!!)  (Read 327436 times)

Re: 2016-2017 Gordon Hayward Thread
« Reply #195 on: June 13, 2017, 03:52:17 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
http://purpleandblues.com/2017/06/13/utah-jazz-rumors-boston-celtics-now-favorite-land-gordon-hayward/

Some NBA sources supposedly reporting that Boston is now the favorite to land Hayward after the Warriors' dismantling of the Cavs in the Finals.

I'm not sure how credible/reliable this guy's sources are, but the logic of this is something that many of us on here have been pushing for awhile. And with all of the other smoke around Hayward to Boston, it might be time to seriously consider us as the favorites at this point.

« Reply #196 on: June 13, 2017, 03:55:45 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
So apparently, the interest between Hayward and the Heat is mutual, and "very real". LOTS of reports indicating this now.  :(

Meanwhile, if GSW closes this out in 5, it may help us in the pursuit of Hayward.
I dont really buy into the idea that the finals will really affect Hayward's decision.

Maybe but at the same time, I wonder, the more it seems likely Lebron leaves Cleveland in a few years, it may sway him our way.

I mean, without Lebron in the East, it's WIDE OPEN for the C's to take.

And Lowry and Millsap may leave too which means it could be between WAS-BOS in the East (again, assuming Lebron could legitimately bolt in a few years).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #197 on: June 13, 2017, 04:03:44 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
http://purpleandblues.com/2017/06/13/utah-jazz-rumors-boston-celtics-now-favorite-land-gordon-hayward/

Some NBA sources supposedly reporting that Boston is now the favorite to land Hayward after the Warriors' dismantling of the Cavs in the Finals.

I'm not sure how credible/reliable this guy's sources are, but the logic of this is something that many of us on here have been pushing for awhile. And with all of the other smoke around Hayward to Boston, it might be time to seriously consider us as the favorites at this point.

This guy is actually pretty reliable  ;D

He was also the one who said, I believe, that "if draft started today, Lakers would NOT take Ball" LOL.

I do think it will be mostly speculation from here on out, but I mean Finals just ended yesterday. Now there's about a few weeks to organize everything and plan out the course of action (players and management alike).

I think it's between Utah/Boston for good. I really don't think Miami is a big threat, and Spurs are intriguing BUT they will need to let go of guys to make it work (they don't have much cap to work with for now).

Spurs have BIGGER needs IMO, which is why somehow getting someone like CP3 or Lowry should be their main focus.

« Reply #198 on: June 13, 2017, 04:28:50 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
So apparently, the interest between Hayward and the Heat is mutual, and "very real". LOTS of reports indicating this now.  :(

Meanwhile, if GSW closes this out in 5, it may help us in the pursuit of Hayward.
I dont really buy into the idea that the finals will really affect Hayward's decision.

Maybe but at the same time, I wonder, the more it seems likely Lebron leaves Cleveland in a few years, it may sway him our way.

And Lowry and Millsap may leave too which means it could be between WAS-BOS in the East (again, assuming Lebron could legitimately bolt in a few years).

It was rumored today that Lebron is giving Cleveland one more year. Then he's off to one of the LA clubs. Which makes sense that he'd wait till PG13 was there, and I'm now thinking IT is going to bounce.

« Reply #199 on: June 13, 2017, 04:35:49 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

It was rumored today that Lebron is giving Cleveland one more year. Then he's off to one of the LA clubs. Which makes sense that he'd wait till PG13 was there, and I'm now thinking IT is going to bounce.

Man I hope it's with the Clippers and CP3 and NOT the Lakers...  :o

« Reply #200 on: June 13, 2017, 04:45:43 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Why would IT leave? We'd have a clear path to the Finals.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #201 on: June 13, 2017, 04:47:25 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Why would IT leave? We'd have a clear path to the Finals.

Oh he won't leave, he'll get traded for some mid-first rounder and a "young Bill Russell"  ::)

Then he'll bounce from that said team and head to LA (hopefully not Lakers).

« Reply #202 on: June 13, 2017, 06:51:49 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

I don't buy that. I don't think he could gut Cleveland like that and leave again.

In other news, I will not get my hopes up for Gordon Hayward.
I will not get my hopes up for Gordon Hayward.

Darn it, I'm getting my hopes up.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #203 on: June 13, 2017, 07:31:59 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

I don't buy that. I don't think he could gut Cleveland like that and leave again.

In other news, I will not get my hopes up for Gordon Hayward.

Darn it, I'm getting my hopes up.

Too late. He's staying with Utah  :( :laugh:

« Reply #204 on: June 13, 2017, 07:43:29 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
If Hayward isn't the starting SF on a championship team (beating Lebron and KD), why should we get all crazy about signing him? He's a good, not great player. Don't we have enough players outside the top 20?

« Reply #205 on: June 13, 2017, 07:55:30 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
If Hayward isn't the starting SF on a championship team (beating Lebron and KD), why should we get all crazy about signing him? He's a good, not great player. Don't we have enough players outside the top 20?

For me, it's not all or nothing, Championship or bust.  Hayward will cement us as a top 5 team in the NBA.  I don't believe there is anything we can do to top Cleveland and GS in the next few years and that's ok.  I enjoy the journey, I enjoy watching high quality basketball.  Of course there's a small chance we could get past Cleveland especially if Lebron or Irving have an injury. The same is true for the finals. 

The great thing is that we can be a competitive team in the next few years with a realistic hope of being a great team beyond that as our young guys develop.  That's a nice place to be.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 08:33:30 PM by knuckleballer »

« Reply #206 on: June 13, 2017, 07:59:05 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

For me, it's not all or nothing, Championship or bust.  Hayward will cement us as a top 5 team in the NBA.  I don't believe there is anything we can to top Cleveland and GS in the next few years and that's ok.  I enjoy the journey, I enjoy watching high quality basketball.  Of course there's a small chance we could get past Cleveland especially if Lebron or Irving have an injury. The same is true for the finals. 

The great thing is that we can be a competitive team in the next few years with a realistic hope of being a great team beyond that as our young guys develop.  That's a nice place to be.

Plus Hayward could be a part of that young core as well going forward. He fits the age timeline very well.

« Reply #207 on: June 13, 2017, 08:12:44 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

For me, it's not all or nothing, Championship or bust.  Hayward will cement us as a top 5 team in the NBA.  I don't believe there is anything we can to top Cleveland and GS in the next few years and that's ok.  I enjoy the journey, I enjoy watching high quality basketball.  Of course there's a small chance we could get past Cleveland especially if Lebron or Irving have an injury. The same is true for the finals. 

Plus Hayward could be a part of that young core as well going forward. He fits the age timeline very well.

Absolutely.  His size and game should age well.  He could be a good leader for the next generation. 

Here's another thing.  The contracts of the stars of the team now won't entirely overlap with the next generation.  We can only give Hayward 4 years, Horford and Crowder have 3 more years, and I bet we can get IT for a 4 year contract in 2018.  Brown won't command a 2nd contract for 3 more years, Fultz for 4 more years, Zizic and Yab for 4 years, and the 2018 Brooklyn pick for 5 years.  Plus, we have future firsts from The Grizzlies and the Clippers.  We can have our cake and eat it too as long as you think 55+ wins and 2nd place in the conference is cake.  Like I said, I do.  The NBA regular season is six months long playing 2-3 games per week.  I generally catch most or all of one game and part of another and I like watching good basketball.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 08:21:32 PM by knuckleballer »

« Reply #208 on: June 13, 2017, 08:16:37 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
No one player is going to win us a title, adding two elite players in Fultz and Hayward without giving up anything other than cap space is our best course

« Reply #209 on: June 13, 2017, 08:38:57 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Not sure if anybody seen this but for what it's worth...

http://nesn.com/2017/06/isaiah-thomas-followed-gordon-hayward-on-instagram-and-people-freaked-out/

IT4 followed Gordon Hayward on Instagram!!!  ;D

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)