Author Topic: 2016-2017 Gordon Hayward Thread (We Did It Guys! Fireworks!!!)  (Read 327136 times)

Re: 2016-2017 Gordon Hayward Thread
« Reply #165 on: June 07, 2017, 11:19:30 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2943
  • On To Banner 18!
@jpotter33 may be on to something.

If Warriors sweep or take this in 5 (likely), Hayward could see the West overall as a whole lot more difficult and as we see with Cleveland, once Lebron loses a touch (hopefully in 3 years), the Cavs are trash and East is there for the taking.

Plus Celtics adding a #1 pick in Fultz who can be Irving 2.0 or even a Harden with slightly better defense (ceiling IMO).

Even Hayward predicted Warriors win in 5 or 6 games.

he is right.....Celtics are closer to beating Cavs than Utah is to beating GS.

Celtics are closer to beating Warriors than they are to beating Cavs.

That's actually pretty insane but somewhat true.

But without AB I doubt it. He's easily our best perimeter defender and can guard Curry and Thompson better than anyone on this team (even Crowder and Smart).

Part of the reason I hope they somehow keep him long term. Somehow...
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #166 on: June 08, 2017, 09:47:48 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
https://purpleandblues.com/2017/06/06/nba-draft-rumor-utah-jazz-lakers-dj-wilson/

Good read.

Basically a 60% chance he stays, 40% chance he goes elsewhere is what Steve Kyler is predicting. My thoughts exactly.

I think there's a 65% chance he stays, 30% he goes Boston, and 5% he shocks us all and goes somewhere else completely (Miami?)

« Reply #167 on: June 09, 2017, 11:39:38 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

« Reply #168 on: June 09, 2017, 11:53:32 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/report-jazz-just-as-worried-gordon-hayward-will-sign-with-heat-as-celtics/

Bleacher also posted the same.

Looks like it's between Utah, Boston, AND Miami for Hayward. Miami has just as good chances as Boston if Hayward does leave, to sign him.

Here's Marc Stein's tweet:

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/873176499209109504?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cbssports.com%2Fnba%2Fnews%2Freport-jazz-just-as-worried-gordon-hayward-will-sign-with-heat-as-celtics%2F
They also mention that Hayward can make much more money with the HEAT because FlL has no state income tax....

« Reply #169 on: June 09, 2017, 11:54:31 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/report-jazz-just-as-worried-gordon-hayward-will-sign-with-heat-as-celtics/

Looks like it's between Utah, Boston, AND Miami for Hayward. Miami has just as good chances as Boston if Hayward does leave, to sign him.

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/873176499209109504?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cbssports.com%2Fnba%2Fnews%2Freport-jazz-just-as-worried-gordon-hayward-will-sign-with-heat-as-celtics%2F
They also mention that Hayward can make much more money with the HEAT because FlL has no state income tax....

Unfortunately that is true as well. It's all because they managed to clear all that cap because of Bosh, ugh.. (not "ugh" at Bosh, but that the Heat managed to clear off all that cap space and now become a threat in the Hayward chase).

This rumor is picking up A LOT OF STEAM as well.

« Reply #170 on: June 09, 2017, 12:00:20 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Unfortunately that is true as well. It's all because they managed to clear all that cap because of Bosh, ugh.. (not "ugh" at Bosh, but that the Heat managed to clear off all that cap space and now become a threat in the Hayward chase).

It's only picking up steam because there's nothing to write about.

That's not to say Miami doesn't have a chance.  They absolutely do.  But they've been rumored to be in the running all season long -- there's nothing new except that Bosh is officially off the books, which allows writers bereft of stories a "new" angle.  They're still the number 3 team behind Utah and Boston, in that order.  You'd have to give me some really good odds in order for me to bet that Hayward winds up in Miami.

« Reply #171 on: June 09, 2017, 12:04:25 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

It's only picking up steam because there's nothing to write about.

That's not to say Miami doesn't have a chance.  They absolutely do.  But they've been rumored to be in the running all season long -- there's nothing new except that Bosh is officially off the books, which allows writers bereft of stories a "new" angle.  They're still the number 3 team behind Utah and Boston, in that order.  You'd have to give me some really good odds in order for me to bet that Hayward winds up in Miami.

Yeah that's how I have it too. I even posted on an article in the front page.

My odds at what happens:

60% He STAYS Utah
25% He Goes To Boston
15% He Goes To Miami

I really don't see another team coming in to sign him.

« Reply #172 on: June 09, 2017, 12:07:09 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Miami did not make the playoffs last year. How much does Hayward really help them?  His chances of competing for championships so much better with Celtics. If that is not his first concern, then he will just stay with the Jazz.

« Reply #173 on: June 09, 2017, 12:28:36 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Miami did not make the playoffs last year. How much does Hayward really help them?  His chances of competing for championships so much better with Celtics. If that is not his first concern, then he will just stay with the Jazz.

Yeah, plus Heat may have to pay Waiters. Without Waiters, they aren't even close to sniffing the postseason last year.

If they add Hayward but lose Waiters, I still only see a 6-7 seed AT best (or possibly another 9-10 seed who barely misses out). 

« Reply #174 on: June 09, 2017, 01:27:06 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2920
Miami has never made sense as a destination for Hayward to me. If he's looking for more money, then Utah is the obvious choice over a Miami. If he's looking for the best path to the Finals, winning, and a sustained bright future, then Boston is clearly the better choice over Miami.

Literally the only advantage Miami has over the other two is the night life scene/weather, but I think Hayward is one of the few NBA players where he's not really into all that stuff.

I think this is mainly Riley putting this crap out there to increase his chances. After this Finals series, I think he's more likely to leave than to stay in Utah, and I think we're the only realistic destination for him to go to meet all of his goals.

« Reply #175 on: June 09, 2017, 01:36:54 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Yeah, plus Heat may have to pay Waiters. Without Waiters, they aren't even close to sniffing the postseason last year.

If they add Hayward but lose Waiters, I still only see a 6-7 seed AT best (or possibly another 9-10 seed who barely misses out).

Waiters didn't have a huge market last summer.  Sure, it's improved, but if the Heat stretch McRoberts they'll be able to give Waiters over $10 million per year after signing Hayward. 

« Reply #176 on: June 09, 2017, 02:09:47 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
The article on Hayward to the cHeat has no credibility to me when it cites one of the reasons Hayward is/would consider Miami is " the winning culture there."..... really?

« Reply #177 on: June 09, 2017, 06:46:50 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
The article on Hayward to the cHeat has no credibility to me when it cites one of the reasons Hayward is/would consider Miami is " the winning culture there."..... really?

Yeah, they don't have Lebron and prime Wade there anymore LOL.

« Reply #178 on: June 09, 2017, 06:47:53 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Miami has never made sense as a destination for Hayward to me. If he's looking for more money, then Utah is the obvious choice over a Miami. If he's looking for the best path to the Finals, winning, and a sustained bright future, then Boston is clearly the better choice over Miami.

Literally the only advantage Miami has over the other two is the night life scene/weather, but I think Hayward is one of the few NBA players where he's not really into all that stuff.

I think this is mainly Riley putting this crap out there to increase his chances. After this Finals series, I think he's more likely to leave than to stay in Utah, and I think we're the only realistic destination for him to go to meet all of his goals.

Yeah, they tried pulling the same thing with KD even though the chances were REAL slim.

They may be after Griffin too and Griffin seems like someone who would enjoy the night life scene/weather (like in LA).

« Reply #179 on: June 09, 2017, 06:48:28 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
I figured these "Hayward to Miami" rumors would start, after the cHeat got cap relief for Bosh.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.