Author Topic: 2016-2017 Gordon Hayward Thread (We Did It Guys! Fireworks!!!)  (Read 327687 times)

Re: 2016-2017 Gordon Hayward Thread
« Reply #135 on: May 19, 2017, 11:39:44 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Why would Hayward even consider Boston after this trash performance??

yes .....the love fest with CBS has never went away.

im kinda on the fence with him.

Why? They had open looks, they just can't make them. Most of it is who's playing. When they are hitting shots it's a different team, same offense, same coach, players just play better when they are hitting shots. Problem is we don't have any out side of IT (when healthy) that can do it.

You think Lue is an amazing coach. Nope. He has Lebron freaking JAmes,Irving and Love, and surrounded them with shooters.

It's amazing that two weeks ago people are praising the crap out of him with wins in Chi and Staring off up two against Wash. But loose to a super team, worst coach ever.  ::)

« Reply #136 on: May 20, 2017, 11:39:40 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Why would Hayward even consider Boston after this trash performance??
I don't think an overachieving team getting blown out in the ECF really changes anything. Hawks blew the C's out last year. Cs signed Horford. I think if a player wants to go somewhere they go. It's not like the West will be any easier if he decides to stay there. Still had better odds in East imo.

Yeah that's the big thing, Hawks beat us and yet Horford signed with BOS LOL. Or if not, he probably would have gone to Washington. Doubt he was staying in ATL.

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #137 on: May 21, 2017, 03:16:35 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Gordon Hayward should, and will most undoubtedly give us a meeting, if he does opt out, which is pretty much assured at this point.

Once that happens, I'm pretty sure our chances got a lot higher. But is he really worth the max?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #138 on: May 21, 2017, 08:04:27 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Gordon Hayward should, and will most undoubtedly give us a meeting, if he does opt out, which is pretty much assured at this point.

Once that happens, I'm pretty sure our chances got a lot higher. But is he really worth the max?

He's worth the max on the open market.  It's what all-stars in their prime get. Heck, it's what non-all-stars like Harrison Barnes get.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #139 on: May 21, 2017, 08:20:25 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
we could do worse than  a starting lineup of Fultz and Hayward .
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 11:56:33 AM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #140 on: May 21, 2017, 11:37:32 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Hayward is a "key" to unlock Celtics potential to reach the finals

Not only because the team adds one of the top SFs in the league....but also he will be able to

attract FAs... like a PG13

So FAs right now have two choices...join a team for monetary reasons  or a team that has a chance to make Conference finals year after year

Aldrige chose the Spurs.   Durant chose GSW.

The west - short term WCF = GSW/Spurs

The east - Cavs have no more cap space

This leaves guys like Hayward, PG13 , Butler with limited options (if wanting to make conference finals to have a chance at the finals).    Best way would be to join one of Celtics, Raptors, Wizards.    Celtics future looks the brightest with Horford, IT4 and two top upcoming picks.    Raptors might lose Lowry.  Wizards have a tight cap space and may only be able to add a good but not all star calibre player

« Reply #141 on: May 21, 2017, 12:29:26 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Not only because the team adds one of the top SFs in the league....but also he will be able to

So FAs right now have two choices...join a team for monetary reasons  or a team that has a chance to make Conference finals year after year

This leaves guys like Hayward, PG13 , Butler with limited options (if wanting to make conference finals to have a chance at the finals).    Best way would be to join one of Celtics, Raptors, Wizards.    Celtics future looks the brightest with Horford, IT4 and two top upcoming picks.    Raptors might lose Lowry.  Wizards have a tight cap space and may only be able to add a good but not all star calibre player

TP. This is a pretty good thought, and makes me feel good about our chances.

Plus it's possible Toronto start to decline a bit especially if Lowry leaves, and if he goes to San Antonio, that may push Hayward out of Utah if he realizes the West may end up having like 2 super teams, plus a bunch of great-gritty teams like Houston, Clippers (who took Utah to 7 games without Griffin), Memphis, OKC, etc.

« Reply #142 on: May 21, 2017, 11:12:16 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
GORDON HAYWARD MIGHT LOVE US AND CONSIDER US AGAIN!

« Reply #143 on: May 21, 2017, 11:25:34 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

He's worth the max on the open market.  It's what all-stars in their prime get. Heck, it's what non-all-stars like Harrison Barnes get.
And look at Bradley Beal and Mike Conley. How many all star games did Beal make before he got his deal? I'm pretty sure he still hasn't made one. Nor has Conley.

« Reply #144 on: May 21, 2017, 11:27:53 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
GORDON HAYWARD MIGHT LOVE US AND CONSIDER US AGAIN!

Gordon Hayward should probably stop changing his mind after every game...

« Reply #145 on: May 21, 2017, 11:40:49 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551

After we sign Hayward, we won't have any cap space left.  Then next offseason IT, Bradley and Smart are all free agents.  So how are we going to pay these free agents we attract?  Durant didn't take less to play for GSW and I don't think Aldridge did either to play for the Spurs. 

« Reply #146 on: May 23, 2017, 06:12:52 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Take it as you may, but I was talking with a friend of mine who is actually from/lives in the Provo, Utah area (he's a Jazz fan). He goes to the same university as me in the Boston area, and he's in one of my summer classes this year (and was in a few classes the past year too)

I (kind of randomly LOL) asked him if he thinks Hayward stays put or leaves.

He thinks it's a given he leaves (unfortunately for him), and that the cheers at the end of the game felt more like a "thanks for all you've done for us Hayward" more than "Please stay". Apparently lots of Jazz fans think he's gone especially now with C's adding a #1 pick. If he stays, it's because of the chants, "Stayward signs" and more $$$ Jazz could offer him.

The main difference is Boston can add more talent the next few years, Jazz may have some trouble doing that without it affecting their current core/roster too. And even with Lebron reigning the East now, the West overall is A LOT harder to navigate.

« Reply #147 on: May 25, 2017, 10:18:52 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Hopefully Hayward isn't watching Game 5 and that Game 3 win over CLE w/o Isaiah was a "spark"  ;D

« Reply #148 on: May 25, 2017, 10:19:52 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Hopefully Hayward isn't watching Game 5 and that Game 3 win over CLE w/o Isaiah was a "spark"  ;D

Honestly, you really think watching a game that shows a team needs help will turn away the very help the team may need?

« Reply #149 on: May 25, 2017, 10:20:57 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Honestly, you really think watching a game that shows a team needs help will turn away the very help the team may need?

He's in a great situation in Utah too though.