Author Topic: Would you trade 2017 Nets pick for Okafor?  (Read 30154 times)

Re: Would you trade 2017 Nets pick for Okafor?
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2016, 12:41:28 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Hahahahahahahahaha. God no.

You think we should trade a guaranteed top 7 pick for a guy who's best possible future is Al Jefferson if he's lucky? Before we even know if it ends up #1? Yeah right.

Okafor just isn't that good. Poor shooter, poor rebounder, poor defender, poor teammate. Definitely not a guy we use one of our best picks in a decade on.
He is a better rebounder than advertised

What does this even mean? Are you insinuating that he rebounds better than his stats demonstrate? I posted this yesterday, which does NOT include his 1 rebound (YES, ONE!) in 26 minutes yesterday vs the Grizzlies:

He's averaging 3.5 RPG in 20 MPG. Over his last 5 games, you know now that the rust is off, he's averaged 2.8 RPG in 21.MPG. He has grabbed 14 rebounds over his last 106 minutes. For comparison, "small" 2 guard Avery Bradley is averaging 8.1 RPG in 35.7 MPG.

Honestly I dont know what is up with you sometimes

Click on the link below.... Your response better not be "well it was last year"... Connect the dots why he is struggling all around this season. Especially the low morale with what is going on in 76ers land

http://m.espn.com/nba/playergamelog?playerId=3135048&season=2015&month=11

You give up too much for that player.

There is no top flight prospect from the 2017 draft

What are you talking about? This is considered a great draft class from a talent perspective. I think you need to research this immediately, so you can save face and edit your post.

Example:

@EvanDaniels
http://Scout.com 's Director of Bball Recruiting | @FS1's, @FoxSports College Basketball Insider | The Sidelines Podcast on iTunes
In case you're wondering, next years NBA Draft should have far superior talent. Much deeper. 2016 recruiting class = Best I've seen.

Omg Evan Daniels, how could I?

Fultz is potentially a good prospect. But he could turn out to be a Delon Wright.

Smith has t rex arms though an  explosive athlete.

Jackson is more like shabazz muhammad than Porter

Tatum, Isaac have "children" bodies...

Everyone of one these prospects come with question marks

Giles if healthy is an elite talent/nba body ....but he is not healthy ...risky future

« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2016, 12:45:12 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Okafor has a high end prospect that is rough around the edges at the moment(could lose10 pounds)

I think Horford can teach him alot. We are galking about a guy that helped carry duke to the finals as a freshman.

« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2016, 12:45:36 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

You think we should trade a guaranteed top 7 pick for a guy who's best possible future is Al Jefferson if he's lucky? Before we even know if it ends up #1? Yeah right.

Okafor just isn't that good. Poor shooter, poor rebounder, poor defender, poor teammate. Definitely not a guy we use one of our best picks in a decade on.

What does this even mean? Are you insinuating that he rebounds better than his stats demonstrate? I posted this yesterday, which does NOT include his 1 rebound (YES, ONE!) in 26 minutes yesterday vs the Grizzlies:

He's averaging 3.5 RPG in 20 MPG. Over his last 5 games, you know now that the rust is off, he's averaged 2.8 RPG in 21.MPG. He has grabbed 14 rebounds over his last 106 minutes. For comparison, "small" 2 guard Avery Bradley is averaging 8.1 RPG in 35.7 MPG.

Click on the link below.... Your response better not be "well it was last year"... Connect the dots why he is struggling all around this season. Especially the low morale with what is going on in 76ers land

What are you talking about? This is considered a great draft class from a talent perspective. I think you need to research this immediately, so you can save face and edit your post.

Example:

@EvanDaniels
http://Scout.com 's Director of Bball Recruiting | @FS1's, @FoxSports College Basketball Insider | The Sidelines Podcast on iTunes
In case you're wondering, next years NBA Draft should have far superior talent. Much deeper. 2016 recruiting class = Best I've seen.

Fultz is potentially a good prospect. But he could turn out to be a Delon Wright.

Giles if healthy is an elite talent/nba body ....but he is not healthy ...risky future

Delon Wright? Really?
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2016, 12:45:41 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Young, DJ and the 2017 probably. Not the package OP listed.

« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2016, 12:48:28 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Example:

@EvanDaniels

Delon Wright? Really?

He could turn out ...
He is not explosive, though has very good size for a pg

He is also not a solid shooter... Good ball handler, passer and overall nice.... But really you want another guard?

There comes a time when "needs" are more important

« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2016, 12:50:03 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Example:

@EvanDaniels

You should really quit while you're ahead. Every post you make is more ridiculous than the last in an attempt to mask the inept premise of this imaginary trade thread.

« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2016, 12:52:15 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Example:

@EvanDaniels

You should really quit while you're ahead. Every post you make is more ridiculous than the last in an attempt to mask the inept premise of this imaginary trade thread.

You should talk... Okafor cant rebound... And using this years circumstances to try to strengthen your point(or weak point)

He had multiple 10 plus rebound games last year ... 15 rebounds, 12 rebounds etc...

« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2016, 01:04:10 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Example:

@EvanDaniels

You should talk... Okafor cant rebound... And using this years circumstances to try to strengthen your point(or weak point)

He had multiple 10 plus rebound games last year ... 15 rebounds, 12 rebounds etc...

Yeah, you convinced me. Great trade idea. We should even throw in the great Mickey to sweeten the deal.

« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2016, 01:18:26 PM »

Offline elcotte

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 52

Suddenly zizic is a top 10 prospect?

Brown is better than Jackson.   

A couple of good pgs could come out of this draft but not at Paul, Curry level... (And please no more pgs)

Giles is the guy I would want... But a healthy version.
. Not a guy that has had multiple torn mcl/acl

Mickey straight up.....

« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2016, 01:18:54 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Example:

@EvanDaniels

To be more specific, he had 12 10+ rebound games, which is good considering that he played only 65 games. His 11 games with less than 5 rebounds, though, is awful for a big man, ESPECIALLY one that played only 65 games. He averaged 7 rebounds a game because he's not a good rebounder, whether or you want to accept that or not. He has his strengths, but you're deluding yourself if you think rebounding is one of them

Okafor's offensive and defensive rebounding rates are worse than Amir's, so unless you consider Amir to be a great rebounder, Okafor is clearly below average
I'm bitter.

« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2016, 01:24:05 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Would we say his comparison is Brook Lopez without the huge contract.

« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2016, 01:24:22 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550

Example:

@EvanDaniels

Yeah, you convinced me. Great trade idea. We should even throw in the great Mickey to sweeten the deal.
TP for playing the Mickey card. 

« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2016, 01:25:48 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Example:

@EvanDaniels

To be more specific, he had 12 10+ rebound games, which is good considering that he played only 65 games. His 11 games with less than 5 rebounds, though, is awful for a big man, ESPECIALLY one that played only 65 games. He averaged 7 rebounds a game because he's not a good rebounder, whether or you want to accept that or not. He has his strengths, but you're deluding yourself if you think rebounding is one of them

Okafor's offensive and defensive rebounding rates are worse than Amir's, so unless you consider Amir to be a great rebounder, Okafor is clearly below average

Never stated he was a top dog rebounder but he has potential dont you agree?

When was the last time amir had 10 plus rebounds? Or zeller?

It would be nice once in a while a guy grabs 15 ...  And steal a game or two

Okafor just needs to develop consistency.... And even if he cant and avg 8 rpg , he is still a good talent with ability to grab 13-15 here and there

« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2016, 01:31:31 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
Guys he is not a good rebounder. This is not really debatable. He could be good at other things. Rebounding is not one of them.

« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2016, 01:38:25 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Guys he is not a good rebounder. This is not really debatable. He could be good at other things. Rebounding is not one of them.

How can a poor rebounder grab 15?

Have you seen Zeller ever grab 15 rebounds?

It just comes down to consistentcy ... Not saying Okafor is a shoe in to average 10 plus... But a bad rebounds cant grab 12-15 rebounds a game multiple times