Author Topic: Would you trade 2017 Nets pick for Okafor?  (Read 29986 times)

Re: Would you trade 2017 Nets pick for Okafor?
« Reply #195 on: January 12, 2017, 07:55:10 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
No, not the '17 Nets pick.

No, not the '18 Nets pick.

I would give them the '18 Celtics pick.

« Reply #196 on: January 12, 2017, 08:40:47 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
I honestly thought this was a joke thread. Even IF okafor had more potential than anyone we could take with the 1st, Okafor's value has plummeted so bad that it would be a bad move to make that deal.
#JKJB

« Reply #197 on: January 12, 2017, 08:45:49 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 570
My theory is Zeller/Clippers Pick/2nd rounder for Okafor/salary filler by this weekend.
Maybe it's why Zeller has been listed as sick---even though it's been over a week--and he's been on the bench in street clothes---both teams are waiting til the 14th---when Zeller can be dealt...Okafor hasn't played either.

I'd be fine with this trade. I'm probably wrong, but I still believe Okafor could be a desert rotational big. Certainly an upgrade over Zeller, and might very well end up being the second best big on this team. Granted, he hasn't shown he's a particularly good rebounder or defender,  but he can score around the basket, and is young enough to improve in the other areas.
I'd definitely give him a shot, if we're not giving up much. 

« Reply #198 on: January 12, 2017, 08:50:33 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
amazed this thread was resurrected.  goes to show how players can drop in value in such a short time.
CoachBo must be seething after saying this guy was going to be so great and everyone else was an idiot for not thinking so.

I was against getting Okafor at the price being asked for in the offseason.  Now, I think the price is a non-lottery first and salary filler from what's been mentioned.  I could see taking a flyer on him to see if he'll improve his D and rebounding for a better-run franchise like ours.  would add frontcourt scoring (which we could use) and be a live body in the frontcourt who should end up better than Zeller with little effort and better than Amir and KO with any real effort. 

just for argument's sake, say we pulled the trigger on that deal and sent out the Clippers first rounder with Mickey, Jackson, rights to Nader for Okafor (didn't check salary in the trade checker).  a front line rotation of Horford and Okafor starting with KO and Zizic and Yabu in 2 years might be pretty solid.  enough to take some of the load of our backcourt at least.