Author Topic: Would you guys trade for Gay?  (Read 2952 times)

Re: Would you guys trade for Gay?
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2016, 08:56:08 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Let's get Josh Smith too while we are at it.
And a couple of his Chinese teammates.

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2016, 10:39:18 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
Let's get Josh Smith too while we are at it.
And a couple of his Chinese teammates.

Haha my favorite 2k team a few years ago consisted of OJ Mayo, Gay, and Josh Smith. Good times.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2016, 03:14:54 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
My thought process:

1. No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no, please no
2. Hey, that's not that much
3. And he's essentially on an expiring deal
4. Wait, it's Rudy Gay
5.  No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no, please no

He's a black hole on offense, a terrible defender, and his teams always improve after jettisoning him. He's been really good this year, but he's still Rudy Gay.
his AST% is actually quite good. Not a black hole at all.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2016, 03:25:13 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Putting up 20 PPG and 6 RPG, Hitting 40% from behind the arc, 44% off of catch and shoot 3s, 81 % from the freethrow line, improved defender, said he's opting out next year so no cap hold.

If you could get him for cheap, say Amir Johnson and Minnesota 2nd, would you pull the trigger? I say yes because he has the ability to score and he can play both the 3 and 4.
20 ppg is not what we're missing here.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2016, 03:26:32 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
No to him, Monroe, MCW and Tyreke.  Never ever to all 4

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2016, 03:38:38 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
Nah. If his deal was over this year, I'd trade them Olynyk for him. He has another year on his deal, however, and this could block us from getting a significant FA. I don't want to commit years and $ to someone that will not move the needle.

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2016, 03:39:52 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
My thought process:

1. No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no, please no
2. Hey, that's not that much
3. And he's essentially on an expiring deal
4. Wait, it's Rudy Gay
5.  No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no, please no

He's a black hole on offense, a terrible defender, and his teams always improve after jettisoning him. He's been really good this year, but he's still Rudy Gay.
I mean think of it like this. At worst he helps us bring a scoring presence off the bench.

At worst he's a locker room cancer, destroys our offensive flow, destroys our defense, and destroys our chemistry.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2016, 03:42:27 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Is he 6'10 or taller, and can he fix our rebounding and interior defense? If not, then no.

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2016, 05:25:16 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Putting up 20 PPG and 6 RPG, Hitting 40% from behind the arc, 44% off of catch and shoot 3s, 81 % from the freethrow line, improved defender, said he's opting out next year so no cap hold.

If you could get him for cheap, say Amir Johnson and Minnesota 2nd, would you pull the trigger? I say yes because he has the ability to score and he can play both the 3 and 4.
Boston is actually missing a legit scoring wing.  I think his scoring would do a lot for pretty much everyone on the team.  He is a rebounder on par with Crowder (which is better than pretty much all of he big men this year), and he is a solid enough passer with a respectable AST% of just under 15%.  He gets to the line a lot and hits those at a very good percentage.  He gets some steals and blocks and doesn't turn it over much for a guy with that many touches. 

Since Gay is going to opt out and he has told Sacto that (and he presumably could leave), I think he could be had for some lesser tier players/assets.  Maybe something like Jerekbo, Zeller, and Bos 18 1st.  That seems like a fairly reasonable price for a possible rental. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2016, 07:12:49 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551

Boston is actually missing a legit scoring wing.  I think his scoring would do a lot for pretty much everyone on the team.  He is a rebounder on par with Crowder (which is better than pretty much all of he big men this year), and he is a solid enough passer with a respectable AST% of just under 15%.  He gets to the line a lot and hits those at a very good percentage.  He gets some steals and blocks and doesn't turn it over much for a guy with that many touches. 

Since Gay is going to opt out and he has told Sacto that (and he presumably could leave), I think he could be had for some lesser tier players/assets.  Maybe something like Jerekbo, Zeller, and Bos 18 1st.  That seems like a fairly reasonable price for a possible rental.
I'd make that trade assuming there is nothing better available.  We need to get to the ECF to attract more talent and Gay would help us get there more than Jerebko and Zeller.