Author Topic: Would You Deal The 2017 BKN Pick In A Package For Cousins?  (Read 5605 times)

Re: Would You Deal The 2017 BKN Pick In A Package For Cousins?
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2016, 01:17:03 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2951
  • On To Banner 18!
Yes I would. This question essentially amounts to do you want to trade for Cousins, since I don't see a conceivable way that Sacramento would deal him without getting a Brooklyn pick back.

You could keep this 2017 BKN pick and deal the 2018 one. That's a possibility.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2016, 02:14:28 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
I honestly feel like the Cs have moved on from Cousins. In past broad casts Gorman has had less then positive things to say about Cousins attitude. I feel the relationship that the Cs broadcasters have with the team gives us a small window into the organizations thinking.

To answer the original questions I absolutely trade the pick for Cousins. I just don't think it happens. 
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2016, 02:37:41 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Yes I would. This question essentially amounts to do you want to trade for Cousins, since I don't see a conceivable way that Sacramento would deal him without getting a Brooklyn pick back.

You are right, TP. If that's possible, that would be my preference.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2016, 02:37:42 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
Honestly, we could probably offer Brown, the 2017 AND 2018 picks for Cousins and not be enough.
Sac probably wouldn't consider a deal with the Celtics unless IT were part of it - along with one of the Brooklyn picks - and you'd still have to give them another decent player.

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2016, 02:57:23 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
That's why we shouldn't do a deal for him. It would cost this team too much.

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2016, 05:39:33 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
No knuckleheads.

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2016, 05:42:08 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I'd give them whatever they want.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2016, 06:03:15 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Yes...And throw in my first born

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2016, 06:05:08 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
In a heartbeat

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2016, 06:08:22 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2003

Remember that 2017 is a swap and not an outright pick.

Depending on multiple things, such as the strength of the 2018 draft and whether the Nets trade Lopez for future picks this season, the 2018 pick is probably more valuable.  We have our own 1st rounder as well, which is not true of 2017 after we swap.  Furthermore, if we exercise our right to swap picks with Brooklyn and our 2017 2nd rounder happens to fall between picks 31-45, then we convey the 2nd rounder to Brooklyn.  This is unlikely and not of great significance, but it is still something to consider.

But to answer the original question, I would absolutely include the 2017 swap in a trade for Cousins, even if it's top 5.  He's the best center in the NBA, and would be a centerpiece on our roster that vaults us into contention for years to come in a weak Eastern conference with LBJ soon to enter his years of decline.

If I'm Sacramento however, I'd much prefer proven star level talent in exchange for Cousins.  Draft picks don't really seem to help them much given that they have a bad habit of drafting busts year after year.

« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2016, 06:10:35 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Ainge apparently has stated in the past he wouldn't want Cousins because he is a locker room cancer, and according to Lowe, Stevens has stated to FO he would not want to be even close to Cousins in the locker room, basically saying he does not want to have to deal with Cousins.

I am really ambivalent about bringing Cousins here. I also think, from reports, that the Cs organization is split on this.

If that's the case, I would think that Ainge wants him, or at least sees his value, but Stevens doesn't.

Two questions:

1. I've looked and looked and can't seem to find a quote or even a reference anywhere that states that Ainge calls Cousins a lockerroom cancer. Is there one? If not, is there something specific from which Ainge's negative sentiments towards Cousins can be inferred?

2. Regarding Stevens verbalizing to the FO "that he doesn't want to be near Cousins in the lockerroom", I'm assuming that's an extrapolated paraphrase of the 10 foot pole comment by Lowe, which were his words, not Stevens. If there is a direct quote, I can't find it. Do you know if there is one, because Stevens' supposed language is pretty explicit?

I guess I'm trying to figure out why, if both Ainge and Stevens don't want Cousins, there is even a conversation about this.

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2016, 06:11:11 PM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 574
Yes and the 2018 nets pick plus more. Look we got the 3rd pick this year and that's Brown, a guy who may be pretty good down the road. I'd take a certain top 5 player over that any day

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2016, 07:03:28 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

Ainge apparently has stated in the past he wouldn't want Cousins because he is a locker room cancer, and according to Lowe, Stevens has stated to FO he would not want to be even close to Cousins in the locker room, basically saying he does not want to have to deal with Cousins.

I am really ambivalent about bringing Cousins here. I also think, from reports, that the Cs organization is split on this.

If that's the case, I would think that Ainge wants him, or at least sees his value, but Stevens doesn't.

Two questions:

1. I've looked and looked and can't seem to find a quote or even a reference anywhere that states that Ainge calls Cousins a lockerroom cancer. Is there one? If not, is there something specific from which Ainge's negative sentiments towards Cousins can be inferred?

2. Regarding Stevens verbalizing to the FO "that he doesn't want to be near Cousins in the lockerroom", I'm assuming that's an extrapolated paraphrase of the 10 foot pole comment by Lowe, which were his words, not Stevens. If there is a direct quote, I can't find it. Do you know if there is one, because Stevens' supposed language is pretty explicit?

I guess I'm trying to figure out why, if both Ainge and Stevens don't want Cousins, there is even a conversation about this.

Because Celtic fans always fantasize about the big man who will save us.
I remember when it was Asik. LOL

« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2016, 07:29:14 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2951
  • On To Banner 18!

Two questions:

Danny Ainge didn't directly mention Cousins' name, but when reporters asked him about a possible trade involving him as well as the growing chemistry of the team, Ainge said it's important not to have locker room cancers on the team, basically referring to Cousins. This was like a year or two ago.

As for Stevens, he didn't directly quote it, it was just what Lowe said in a report. That report could be false, who knows..
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2016, 07:40:38 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Two questions:

Danny Ainge didn't directly mention Cousins' name, but when reporters asked him about a possible trade involving him as well as the growing chemistry of the team, Ainge said it's important not to have locker room cancers on the team, basically referring to Cousins. This was like a year or two ago.

As for Stevens, he didn't directly quote it, it was just what Lowe said in a report. That report could be false, who knows..

Thanks...TP for the honesty and the clarification.