Author Topic: Would You Deal The 2017 BKN Pick In A Package For Cousins?  (Read 5592 times)

Would You Deal The 2017 BKN Pick In A Package For Cousins?
« on: November 23, 2016, 12:14:47 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Obviously for the likes of Westbrook, Harden, Davis and a few others you would, but Cousins?

Ainge apparently has stated in the past he wouldn't want Cousins because he is a locker room cancer, and according to Lowe, Stevens has stated to FO he would not want to be even close to Cousins in the locker room, basically saying he does not want to have to deal with Cousins.

Would you guys be okay dealing the 2017 BKN Pick, even if it was projected to be Top-5, in a deal for Cousins? 

(Assume the BKN pick will land in TOP-5)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Re: Would You Deal The 2017 BKN Pick In A Package For Cousins?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 12:38:03 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
In a heartbeat.  Obviously there are deals where I wouldn't want to include it, but it's unlikely that any of the top picks from this upcoming draft will become as good as Cousins is now.  Locker room issues be [dang]ed, he would make us a contender now and give us a good long term foundation, too
I'm bitter.

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 12:42:36 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
Yup.

/thread
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 12:43:18 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
In a heartbeat.  Obviously there are deals where I wouldn't want to include it, but it's unlikely that any of the top picks from this upcoming draft will become as good as Cousins is now.  Locker room issues be [dang]ed, he would make us a contender now and give us a good long term foundation, too

I would hope after Cousins comes here, he enjoys it alongside IT and others, and then the Celtics extend Cousins, IT, and one of Smart/Bradley (unless Wyc is willing to pay the lux tax). Also the coaching staff and Ainge/Stevens can control Cousins and help him out as well.

That would be best case scenario 

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 12:43:22 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
Obviously for the likes of Westbrook, Harden, Davis and a few others you would, but Cousins?

Ainge apparently has stated in the past he wouldn't want Cousins because he is a locker room cancer, and according to Lowe, Stevens has stated to FO he would not want to be even close to Cousins in the locker room, basically saying he does not want to have to deal with Cousins.

Would you guys be okay dealing the 2017 BKN Pick, even if it was projected to be Top-5, in a deal for Cousins? 

(Assume the BKN pick will land in TOP-5)

Yes, because I believe that anytime Ainge (and probably CBS) says something in the media, it's a "positioning" move, rather than his actual belief. If he's thinking it, he ain't saying it.

Mike

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2016, 12:45:09 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Yes

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2016, 12:56:04 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

I would hope after Cousins comes here, he enjoys it alongside IT and others, and then the Celtics extend Cousins, IT, and one of Smart/Bradley (unless Wyc is willing to pay the lux tax). Also the coaching staff and Ainge/Stevens can control Cousins and help him out as well.

I think coming onto a team with an established leader that he already respects (IT) and a good locker room/general team attitude would be good for him. I don't think it would eliminate his issues, but I don't think they would be an issue (like Rondo this year and last year)
I'm bitter.

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2016, 01:00:04 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I think that's something of a manipulation of Lowes words. He said Aimge is probably lukewarm and Stevens probably wants no part. It was purely speculatory
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2016, 01:00:48 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Honestly, we could probably offer Brown, the 2017 AND 2018 picks for Cousins and not be enough.

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2016, 01:09:59 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

I think coming onto a team with an established leader that he already respects (IT) and a good locker room/general team attitude would be good for him. I don't think it would eliminate his issues, but I don't think they would be an issue (like Rondo this year and last year)

Not at all comparing the two, but I remember there were some people who questioned KG because he was a bit of a headcase back then too. Sure, Cousins is a bigger headcase than KG was, I agree.

But I'd say the KG-era worked out fine for us. Also, he left a bad team (Minnesota) where he toiled most of his years and suddenly found a "home" in a winning squad in BOS.

Maybe Cousins needs that change.

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2016, 01:10:40 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
No, I wouldn't do it. Cousins has proven to be a really bad leader. He's kind of poison, so the team trading for him is taking a risk. I would however deal the pick for Westbrook or Paul George. Anthony Davis as well.

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2016, 01:12:50 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Honestly, we could probably offer Brown, the 2017 AND 2018 picks for Cousins and not be enough.

No, it would. Ainge wouldn't do it though.

I think Cousins won't be traded UNLESS Cousins himself demands a trade.

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2016, 01:16:17 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Yes I would. This question essentially amounts to do you want to trade for Cousins, since I don't see a conceivable way that Sacramento would deal him without getting a Brooklyn pick back.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2016, 01:16:34 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
No, I wouldn't do it. Cousins has proven to be a really bad leader. He's kind of poison, so the team trading for him is taking a risk. I would however deal the pick for Westbrook or Paul George. Anthony Davis as well.

Yeah, sadly neither of those guys may be available. I'd even do it for Harden if there was an opportunity.

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2016, 01:16:44 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Depends on the total package dealt.