Author Topic: Does "the media" treat Donald Trump "unfairly"?  (Read 26407 times)

Re: Does "the media" treat Donald Trump "unfairly"?
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2016, 04:49:25 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 750
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
no. He shoots himself in the foot

and instead of just not caring about every single "diss" that comes his way, he gets sensitive about it

fuels the media
I disagree, I think he is purposely bringing up every single diss in order to distract the media from his cabinet appointments, and settling the Trump U case.

I used to think he was just a stumbling fool, now I think he is an evil genious who is playing the media to his advantage.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2016, 04:52:06 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 750
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
And who is partly to blame for that? Think about the national platform the liberal media has been giving them. Trump has denounced them several times but the media wants to draw more attention to these wackos cause it helps their narrative.

Did you just "Well it's the liberal media's fault for dressing like that" the rise of Alt-Right movement?
I prefer the term "radical nationalism with racial and religious undertones". But that's just me.
After reading about their leader quoting Nazi propaganda in German before saying Heil Trump, with audience memebers doing the seig heil I think it's fair to call them Neo-Nazis.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2016, 05:06:33 PM »

Offline triboy16f

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 519
no. He shoots himself in the foot

and instead of just not caring about every single "diss" that comes his way, he gets sensitive about it

fuels the media
I disagree, I think he is purposely bringing up every single diss in order to distract the media from his cabinet appointments, and settling the Trump U case.

I used to think he was just a stumbling fool, now I think he is an evil genious who is playing the media to his advantage.

what?? lol

He is not a genius....  but he is a very good business man and knows how to market

He is also not a world leader... already racism has ramped up ever since he has been announced the winner...and he has made no comments about it... like he can care less

« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2016, 05:31:19 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
And who is partly to blame for that? Think about the national platform the liberal media has been giving them. Trump has denounced them several times but the media wants to draw more attention to these wackos cause it helps their narrative.

Did you just "Well it's the liberal media's fault for dressing like that" the rise of Alt-Right movement?
I prefer the term "radical nationalism with racial and religious undertones". But that's just me.
After reading about their leader quoting Nazi propaganda in German before saying Heil Trump, with audience memebers doing the seig heil I think it's fair to call them Neo-Nazis.
So I found this on HONY today:

“Don’t get me wrong. I want everyone to get along. And I don’t want to sound racist. But they’re coming into our country. If you ask me, that makes them racist. There’s something going on with the Muslims. There’s something going on there. There’s a lot we don’t know about. They have a game plan. They want all the businesses. They want control. They want my grandchildren to work for them. I’m hoping he can do something about it. We need somebody to say no.”

http://www.humansofnewyork.com/post/153448570306/dont-get-me-wrong-i-want-everyone-to-get-along

And here is something from a different, older pamphlet:

"How did the Jew gain this destructive power over the European peoples? The Jews are a mixed race. The essential characteristic that separates them from all other races and peoples is the instinct for parasitism. The Jews themselves are most clear about this. Karl Marx, the author of “Das Kapital,” says: “What is the essential trait of Jewry? Practicality, self interest. What is the culture of the Jew? Haggling. What is his god? Money.” The Jewish philosopher Spinoza said: “What we require is simple: that we control everything necessary for our own good.”"

http://research.calvin.edu/german-propaganda-archive/rassenpo.htm

Trump isn't the problem. He's just a symptom.
(Formerly) managing Rilski Sportist to glory at http://www.buzzerbeater.com

« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2016, 05:35:03 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2429
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Here's the liberal media really phrasing their anti-Trump attitude: http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/11/22/503036990/on-conflict-of-interest-and-climate-change-what-trump-told-times-journalists

(That's sarcasm, this is one of the more encouraging things I've read/seen since the election)

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2016, 08:41:11 PM »

Offline Cman

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 87
btw if you listened to this blog you would had expected Trump to get crushed by whites with college degrees.
Not sure why you're assuming that this blog consists exclusively of white people with college degrees. It probably doesn't.
The narrative being told pal.
Strange, I've missed where the narrative said "I'm a white person with a college degree". But to each their own, I guess.
What are you talking about?

People on here said educated white people would vote in favor of Hillary. It didn't happen.
It's kind of hard to make out what your point is. Either way, no-one here has singled out educated white people for anything.
My point is pretty simple. The people on this blog and the media was wrong. Educated white people voted in favor of Trump. There was a narrative being told that educated white people were smart and would vote for Hillary because they understood policy and that the uneducated whites would be the only demographic to support Trump because well they're not as smart. Turns out the educated whites thought Trump's positions and policies were better then Hillary's also. It was a very devisive narrative and one that mocked uneducated white voters.

I know you're guilty of that because I've seen you suggest the only demographic who was supporting Trump was uneducated whites like they are to be looked down on.

Sorry it was educated whites also who voted for Trump.
To be fair we were going based on polling that indicated that educated whites would vote for Hillary. So we we read false information and believed it. If we end up being wrong, then we were wrong.

That being said, I'm not sure that you can say with certainty that educated Whites favored Trump's policies over Clinton's. Since all the votes haven't even been counted yet and Hillary is going to win the popular vote by over 2 million we can hardly speak with certainty on the demographic breakdowns yet.

It seems like you feel that people were insulting your intelligence by saying Trump supporters skewed towards uneducated, but I assure you no one was attempting to do that. We were just repeating the data as it was presented to us.
No worries but to clear any misunderstanding I do have a degree. I'm just tired of the narrative that you have to be uneducated or a racist to vote for Trump. It was wrong then and still is. It was the second or third time surferdad made that comment.

I agree. I'm not at all a Trump supporter, but it is pretty clear to me that you don't have to be a racist to vote for Trump. There are many reasons to vote for him.

In my opinion, overly harping on "racism" of Trump voters is not helpful--it is the opposite, it is divisive. Similarly, I'm appalled that more Trump voters (and Trump himself) don't denouce the racists that clearly are excited by some of Trump's rhetoric.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2016, 09:09:05 PM »

Online KGs Knee

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1248
The people on this blog and the media was wrong. Educated white people voted in favor of Trump.
No-one on this blog has said that educated white people will vote in favor of Clinton, or that this particular demographic is in any way, shape or form relevant to the outcome of the elections. See, I can repeat myself until I'm blue in the face, too :D

I also think that this "education" demo is misleading. Anecdotally, I know a couple people with master's degrees (law, engineering, business) that are racist AF. Same guys that were texting me racist memes about Obama when he won 8 years ago.

Education does not =love for all mankind

Furthermore, I'd like to know why we are using the terms educated and uneducated.

I know plenty of 4 year college grads, which is what we are seemingly using as the determining factor here, who are dumb as can be. I also know plenty who are smart, thoughtful people. But guess what, you can say exactly the same thing about people who are not 4 year college graduates.

The term uneducated is misleading, I don't give a [dang] what kind of college degree you do or don't have. Education can be achieved by various means, and of differing types.

It comes across as 4 year college grads as feeling and acting superior. Truly ironic.

« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2016, 09:24:45 PM »

Offline chicagoceltic

• Gordon Hayward
  • Tommy Points: 136
btw if you listened to this blog you would had expected Trump to get crushed by whites with college degrees.
Not sure why you're assuming that this blog consists exclusively of white people with college degrees. It probably doesn't.
Strange, I've missed where the narrative said "I'm a white person with a college degree". But to each their own, I guess.

People on here said educated white people would vote in favor of Hillary. It didn't happen.
It's kind of hard to make out what your point is. Either way, no-one here has singled out educated white people for anything.
My point is pretty simple. The people on this blog and the media was wrong. Educated white people voted in favor of Trump. There was a narrative being told that educated white people were smart and would vote for Hillary because they understood policy and that the uneducated whites would be the only demographic to support Trump because well they're not as smart. Turns out the educated whites thought Trump's positions and policies were better then Hillary's also. It was a very devisive narrative and one that mocked uneducated white voters.

I know you're guilty of that because I've seen you suggest the only demographic who was supporting Trump was uneducated whites like they are to be looked down on.

To be fair we were going based on polling that indicated that educated whites would vote for Hillary. So we we read false information and believed it. If we end up being wrong, then we were wrong.

That being said, I'm not sure that you can say with certainty that educated Whites favored Trump's policies over Clinton's. Since all the votes haven't even been counted yet and Hillary is going to win the popular vote by over 2 million we can hardly speak with certainty on the demographic breakdowns yet.

It seems like you feel that people were insulting your intelligence by saying Trump supporters skewed towards uneducated, but I assure you no one was attempting to do that. We were just repeating the data as it was presented to us.
No worries but to clear any misunderstanding I do have a degree. I'm just tired of the narrative that you have to be uneducated or a racist to vote for Trump. It was wrong then and still is. It was the second or third time surferdad made that comment.
You do not have to be uneducated or racist to vote for Trump and I do not think that that was ever the narrative.  The narrative was that the majority of the uneducated white and racist white population would vote for Trump.  I believed that that proved to be true and that it played a significant role in Mr. Trump winning the election.  Would you agree or disagree with that?
Pub Draft

Sam N Ella's

At the Bar: The Most Interesting Man in the World
At the Door:  Hugh Hefner
On Stage:  O.A.R., Louis C.K., EDGAR! Special Drinks:  Irish Car Bomb, Martinis On Tap: Lite, Beamish, 3 Floyds Seasonal, Chimay Grand Reserve, Spotted Cow

« Reply #68 on: November 22, 2016, 09:41:12 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 432

You do not have to be uneducated or racist to vote for Trump and I do not think that that was ever the narrative.  The narrative was that the majority of the uneducated white and racist white population would vote for Trump.  I believed that that proved to be true and that it played a significant role in Mr. Trump winning the election.  Would you agree or disagree with that?

But it helps...
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #69 on: November 22, 2016, 10:26:32 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269

But it helps...

Hahaha TP.

It never helps when someone starts a sentence with "I'm not racist, but...."

« Reply #70 on: November 22, 2016, 11:18:26 PM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
The notion that the media was somehow "unfair" or "biased" towards Trump is, on its face at least, ridiculous.

Outside of the clearly partisan sites/venues like Fox News, HuffPost, Brietbart and MSNBC, the MSM media has made good attempts to keep things as fair as they possibly could, up until 2016. Now, it's pretty clear that while Trump received a TON of free publicity courtesy of the CNN's of the world, a lot of their anchors were clearly anti-Trump throughout the campaign, even though they mostly did raise real questions about Clinton and her misdeeds too.

I guess my problem with this whole idea that the "media" was somehow "unfair" to Trump is that, it's not like they went out of their way to disparage him. Trump made countless offensive, divisive statements throughout the campaign, and told outright lies when it came to policy/current affairs issues. The media this reported on these statements, showed the videos of him saying them, and somehow their being "dishonest" or "unfair"? That doesn't make sense. If you don't want the media to call you a bigot, don't act like one.

« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2016, 11:25:19 PM »

Online positivitize

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 593
  • Puns of steel
If you don't want the media to call you a bigot, don't act like one.

/thread
Biasies:
Pro-Smart, Pro-Brown, Pro-Irving, Pro-Baynes

Anti-Nader, Anti-Yabu, Anti-Rozier, Anti-Morris

« Reply #72 on: November 23, 2016, 01:37:27 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 193

I actually would disagree.  Trump got roughly half the vote.  This country does not have 60 million racists. I think the liberal media (and liberals in general) are awfully quick to whip out the 'racist' label.  Trump's support was actually very much main stream - you don't get roughly half the popular vote otherwise. 

« Reply #73 on: November 23, 2016, 05:49:06 AM »

Offline chicagoceltic

• Gordon Hayward
  • Tommy Points: 136

I actually would disagree.  Trump got roughly half the vote.  This country does not have 60 million racists. I think the liberal media (and liberals in general) are awfully quick to whip out the 'racist' label.  Trump's support was actually very much main stream - you don't get roughly half the popular vote otherwise.
I think that the conservative media (and Trump supporters in general) are awfully defensive of the 'racist' label.  Case in point, I did not say that all or even most Trump supporters are uneducated or racist.  I simply said that the majority of the uneducated and racist white voters voted for Mr. Trump.  There is a clear didference but you seem to feel as though I called all Trump voters racist.  Again I will ask, do you really believe that the majority of the uneducated and racist white votes did not go to Mr. Trump?

Edit:  I should add that I believe that Mr. Trump's camp did a great job of taking advantage of the racist/deplorable label and Mrs. Clinton's camp did a poor job to distance themselves from labeling Trump supporters as racist/deplorable. 
Pub Draft

Sam N Ella's

At the Bar: The Most Interesting Man in the World
At the Door:  Hugh Hefner
On Stage:  O.A.R., Louis C.K., EDGAR! Special Drinks:  Irish Car Bomb, Martinis On Tap: Lite, Beamish, 3 Floyds Seasonal, Chimay Grand Reserve, Spotted Cow

« Reply #74 on: November 23, 2016, 06:13:29 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -27666
  • 33,333 posts and counting . . .
^ Why are you linking the terms "uneducated" and "racist"?

Why not just say "racist"? Are educated racists any better? It strikes me as another way to put down those without a college degree.

Once a CrotoNat, always a CrotoNat.  CelticsBlog Draft Champions, 2009 & 2012;
DKC Draft 2015 Champions and beyond...