Author Topic: Does "the media" treat Donald Trump "unfairly"?  (Read 23992 times)

Re: Does "the media" treat Donald Trump "unfairly"?
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2016, 04:10:42 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
btw if you listened to this blog you would had expected Trump to get crushed by whites with college degrees.
Not sure why you're assuming that this blog consists exclusively of white people with college degrees. It probably doesn't.
The narrative being told pal.
Strange, I've missed where the narrative said "I'm a white person with a college degree". But to each their own, I guess.
What are you talking about?

People on here said educated white people would vote in favor of Hillary. It didn't happen.
It's kind of hard to make out what your point is. Either way, no-one here has singled out educated white people for anything.
My point is pretty simple. The people on this blog and the media was wrong. Educated white people voted in favor of Trump. There was a narrative being told that educated white people were smart and would vote for Hillary because they understood policy and that the uneducated whites would be the only demographic to support Trump because well they're not as smart. Turns out the educated whites thought Trump's positions and policies were better then Hillary's also. It was a very devisive narrative and one that mocked uneducated white voters.

I know you're guilty of that because I've seen you suggest the only demographic who was supporting Trump was uneducated whites like they are to be looked down on.

Sorry it was educated whites also who voted for Trump.
Please name me one part of his policy and let's dissect how great an idea it is shall we?

What his wall that he's going to build that will put us into an even greater debt than we are in now? His ridiculous trade tariffs on imported goods that will drive the US into a recession by 2019? His unethical deportation of thousands of muslim americans? How he's about to pull out of the Paris Agreement because he doesn't believe in Global Warming after every ecologist and planetary scientist that isn't funded corporately has come out with proof that our pollution has an effect on the Earth?
What we just did now dissecting his "policies" is why Trump is getting bashed by the media. He has spit out ignorance and inaccuracies all throughout his campaign and somehow has ended up in the oval office.

For those of you that were worried about your right to Freedom of Speech to say illegal immigrant, Trump may actually try change the way that people are able to report news and try to make reporters, or anyone who opposes him, liable for stating their opinions. That by the way is a direct violation of the 1st Amendment and a testament to the monster you people have voted into office.

« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2016, 04:12:26 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 79
The people on this blog and the media was wrong. Educated white people voted in favor of Trump.
No-one on this blog has said that educated white people will vote in favor of Clinton, or that this particular demographic is in any way, shape or form relevant to the outcome of the elections. See, I can repeat myself until I'm blue in the face, too :D

I also think that this "education" demo is misleading. Anecdotally, I know a couple people with master's degrees (law, engineering, business) that are racist AF. Same guys that were texting me racist memes about Obama when he won 8 years ago.

Education does not =love for all mankind
there we go. We have now explained why Trump lost the educated white vote. More racists.

« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2016, 04:12:53 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
I'm now going to refrain from talking about the President Elect so that Big Brother doesn't find me.

« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2016, 04:20:07 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1264
No worries but to clear any misunderstanding I do have a degree. I'm just tired of the narrative that you have to be uneducated or a racist to vote for Trump. It was wrong then and still is. It was the second or third time surferdad made that comment.
Except it's not a narrative, it's a fact. Trump lost the vote of people with college degrees by 9 points. You can dissect this into arbitrary smaller groups until you find one that turned out for Trump if that is going to make you feel better. It's largely an irrelevant data mining exercise.
(Formerly) managing Rilski Sportist to glory at http://www.buzzerbeater.com

« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2016, 04:22:37 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 743
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
btw if you listened to this blog you would had expected Trump to get crushed by whites with college degrees.
Not sure why you're assuming that this blog consists exclusively of white people with college degrees. It probably doesn't.
Strange, I've missed where the narrative said "I'm a white person with a college degree". But to each their own, I guess.

People on here said educated white people would vote in favor of Hillary. It didn't happen.
It's kind of hard to make out what your point is. Either way, no-one here has singled out educated white people for anything.
My point is pretty simple. The people on this blog and the media was wrong. Educated white people voted in favor of Trump. There was a narrative being told that educated white people were smart and would vote for Hillary because they understood policy and that the uneducated whites would be the only demographic to support Trump because well they're not as smart. Turns out the educated whites thought Trump's positions and policies were better then Hillary's also. It was a very devisive narrative and one that mocked uneducated white voters.

I know you're guilty of that because I've seen you suggest the only demographic who was supporting Trump was uneducated whites like they are to be looked down on.

To be fair we were going based on polling that indicated that educated whites would vote for Hillary. So we we read false information and believed it. If we end up being wrong, then we were wrong.

That being said, I'm not sure that you can say with certainty that educated Whites favored Trump's policies over Clinton's. Since all the votes haven't even been counted yet and Hillary is going to win the popular vote by over 2 million we can hardly speak with certainty on the demographic breakdowns yet.

It seems like you feel that people were insulting your intelligence by saying Trump supporters skewed towards uneducated, but I assure you no one was attempting to do that. We were just repeating the data as it was presented to us.
No worries but to clear any misunderstanding I do have a degree. I'm just tired of the narrative that you have to be uneducated or a racist to vote for Trump. It was wrong then and still is. It was the second or third time surferdad made that comment.
You are completely right that you don't need to be racist or uneducated to vote for Trump. He offered a segment of people hope that their lives would get better under his administration.

That being said it's not a coincidence that the alt-right/white nationalist movement has gained strength with his election, the kkk is celebrating his victory and hate crimes have rose to a post 9/11 level since he won. Of course not all Trump supporters are uneducated or racist, but those who aren't stand arm and arm with racists in supporting him.

Personally, when I see the KKK and NEO-Nazi's supporting a candidate that is a non starter for me.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2016, 04:23:11 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
Except it's not a narrative, it's a fact. Trump lost the vote of people with college degrees by 9 points. You can dissect this into arbitrary smaller groups until you find one that turned out for Trump if that is going to make you feel better. It's largely an irrelevant data mining exercise.
Right so 49 percent of educated whites which was the majority are racist because they voted for Trump. That's what you want to go with?

« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2016, 04:24:32 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
The people on this blog and the media was wrong. Educated white people voted in favor of Trump.
No-one on this blog has said that educated white people will vote in favor of Clinton, or that this particular demographic is in any way, shape or form relevant to the outcome of the elections. See, I can repeat myself until I'm blue in the face, too :D

I also think that this "education" demo is misleading. Anecdotally, I know a couple people with master's degrees (law, engineering, business) that are racist AF. Same guys that were texting me racist memes about Obama when he won 8 years ago.

Education does not =love for all mankind
there we go. We have now explained why Trump lost the educated white vote. More racists.

You got it my man.

I've heard that it's the responsibility of Islam to root out Islamic terrorists.

Under this logic, is it the responsibility of Trump supporters to root out his racist supporters?

« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2016, 04:25:24 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

To be fair we were going based on polling that indicated that educated whites would vote for Hillary. So we we read false information and believed it. If we end up being wrong, then we were wrong.

That being said, I'm not sure that you can say with certainty that educated Whites favored Trump's policies over Clinton's. Since all the votes haven't even been counted yet and Hillary is going to win the popular vote by over 2 million we can hardly speak with certainty on the demographic breakdowns yet.

It seems like you feel that people were insulting your intelligence by saying Trump supporters skewed towards uneducated, but I assure you no one was attempting to do that. We were just repeating the data as it was presented to us.
You are completely right that you don't need to be racist or uneducated to vote for Trump. He offered a segment of people hope that their lives would get better under his administration.

That being said it's not a coincidence that the alt-right/white nationalist movement has gained strength with his election, the kkk is celebrating his victory and hate crimes have rose to a post 9/11 level since he won. Of course not all Trump supporters are uneducated or racist, but those who aren't stand arm and arm with racists in supporting him.

Personally, when I see the KKK and NEO-Nazi's supporting a candidate that is a non starter for me.
And who is partly to blame for that? Think about the national platform the liberal media has been giving them. Trump has denounced them several times but the media wants to draw more attention to these wackos cause it helps their narrative.

« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2016, 04:31:06 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• Kevin Garnett
And who is partly to blame for that? Think about the national platform the liberal media has been giving them. Trump has denounced them several times but the media wants to draw more attention to these wackos cause it helps their narrative.
Of course he's denounced them. But then again, talk is cheap, and Duke seems pretty excited about Bannon and Sessions.

https://twitter.com/DrDavidDuke/status/799624219831058432

Which should come as a surprise to no-one, because Duke himself lobbied about "keeping Bannon around".

https://twitter.com/DrDavidDuke/status/796842381744177153

« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2016, 04:36:52 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• Ed Macauley

The liberal media has given them a platform? He said negative things about Mexicans, Muslims and other demographics that brought those groups onto his side. The idea that Trump is allowed to say racist things but not be to blame for racism this engendered is pretty amazing mental gymnastics.

Now I see how non racists reconcile voting in the same manner as the most racist groups in the country, they blame the liberals so they can sleep at night.

When Trump sets up his Muslim registry and innocent people are killed because of it I'm sure that will be the liberal media's fault for reporting what he said/ did.

« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2016, 04:44:02 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2334
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Did you just "Well it's the liberal media's fault for dressing like that" the rise of Alt-Right movement?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2016, 04:44:52 PM »

Offline coco

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 81
I'll say this; Trump has a habit of making hyperbolas.   And so almost everything he says - it's a "story".

Personally, I think his tone had a racial element that has or will make those "fringe" groups feel empowered.

....it is starting to get ugly out there.

« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2016, 04:47:09 PM »

Offline triboy16f

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 509
no. He shoots himself in the foot

and instead of just not caring about every single "diss" that comes his way, he gets sensitive about it

fuels the media

« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2016, 04:47:54 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• Ed Macauley

Did you just "Well it's the liberal media's fault for dressing like that" the rise of Alt-Right movement?
If I could give you more than one TPs at a time I would.

« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2016, 04:48:48 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• Kevin Garnett

I prefer the term "radical nationalism with racial and religious undertones". But that's just me.