Author Topic: Vucevic is Really the Big We Should Want Danny to Swipe Up  (Read 3941 times)

Re: Vucevic is Really the Big We Should Want Danny to Swipe Up
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2016, 05:33:32 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I appreciate the thought you put into this, but the situation is pretty simple: Danny is not compromising his cap space unless he's getting a legitimate superstar talent. Next year is the last offseason we'll have cap space for at least 5 years. If Danny believes he has any shot at Blake or another star, he's not giving that up for Vucevic.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2016, 07:03:51 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
I appreciate the thought you put into this, but the situation is pretty simple: Danny is not compromising his cap space unless he's getting a legitimate superstar talent. Next year is the last offseason we'll have cap space for at least 5 years. If Danny believes he has any shot at Blake or another star, he's not giving that up for Vucevic.
Who is the max free agent Danny should be waiting for?

Blake loves LA and the Clippers are playing great. Chris Paul also seems to like LA and is not the position or age that Celtics are looking for. Ditto Kyle Lowry and Jrue Holiday (if he has a good season). Steph Curry and Kevin Durant are free agents. Should the team handicap itself making deals today thinking one of those guys are going to leave Golden State?

Is Ibaka a max guy? Danilo Gallinari?

That leaves Gordon Hayward, a potential max-contract player who's never made an all star team and plays the same position as Jae Crowder and Jaylen Brown.

I'm not ready to go all-in on the free agent market this summer.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2016, 07:05:53 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Well put together pitch for Mr. V. Before Horford got here, I always saw Vucevic as a solid potential Celtic with size, passing and scoring ability. I do not see him as a defensive oriented big, but, he is what he is.

Issues with the fit today? My guess he is going to cost big money. My second guess is Horford and Vucevic are not the "defensive fit" Ainge would seek, but, Danny and I haven't spoken since last Christmas, so, who knows.

Pro- Our kind of offensive guy.
Con - Within conf.(?) Less about defense, expensive which may interfere with Ainge attempting to sign KG 2.0

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2016, 07:14:45 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Who is the max free agent Danny should be waiting for?

Blake loves LA and the Clippers are playing great. Chris Paul also seems to like LA and is not the position or age that Celtics are looking for. Ditto Kyle Lowry and Jrue Holiday (if he has a good season). Steph Curry and Kevin Durant are free agents. Should the team handicap itself making deals today thinking one of those guys are going to leave Golden State?

Is Ibaka a max guy? Danilo Gallinari?

That leaves Gordon Hayward, a potential max-contract player who's never made an all star team and plays the same position as Jae Crowder and Jaylen Brown.

I'm not ready to go all-in on the free agent market this summer.

To be honest, I think Danny and Brad want Hayward. I'm not sure how they want to use him, but I think they want him.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers