Author Topic: What to do with such a guard centered daft?  (Read 15998 times)

Re: What to do with such a guard centered daft?
« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2016, 04:15:11 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
Still not sold completely on Giles until I see him play for Duke. Bolden is the player that nobody is talking about that could easily slip into the top 6 if he comes back and plays as well as I think he can. Definitely a special talent at C and definitely a big man that would dramatically improve our frontcourt. Good shot blocker, good rebounder, great athleticism for a big, developing back to the basket game,  and the measurements to be stand out. Really excited to see this guy play and think he would be a great addition to  our squad.
What is Boden's injury and when is he expected back? 

« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2016, 04:15:11 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
Im with you on this one.

Last year I was hooting and hollering for Jaylen Brown.  This year, I'm sticking with the Golden Bears and jumping on the Ivan Rabb bandwagon.  Watchout!

http://www.espn.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/116223/how-good-can-cal-star-ivan-rabb-be

Editorial note: obviously depending on where the pick is.....

« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2016, 08:46:22 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
Still not sold completely on Giles until I see him play for Duke. Bolden is the player that nobody is talking about that could easily slip into the top 6 if he comes back and plays as well as I think he can. Definitely a special talent at C and definitely a big man that would dramatically improve our frontcourt. Good shot blocker, good rebounder, great athleticism for a big, developing back to the basket game,  and the measurements to be stand out. Really excited to see this guy play and think he would be a great addition to  our squad.
I think it's like lower leg injury. No foot, back, or knees so we are fine.

« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2016, 09:35:55 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Pretty nice measurements. 6'11" in shoes, 7'6" wingspan (!). 250 lbs. He looks like a guy who could possibly have issues with weight, but maybe that's just my Big Baby/Sully-induced ptsd. And he's really too young to start worrying about that now.

If he has a good year for Duke and emerges as top talent, he could be the type of guy the C's need.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2016, 09:54:28 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
Pretty nice measurements. 6'11" in shoes, 7'6" wingspan (!). 250 lbs. He looks like a guy who could possibly have issues with weight, but maybe that's just my Big Baby/Sully-induced ptsd. And he's really too young to start worrying about that now.

If he has a good year for Duke and emerges as top talent, he could be the type of guy the C's need.
Yeah he doesn't carry his weight like Big Baby or Sully. Actually looks thin at 250 amazingly and could look to add more muscle to his frame

« Reply #80 on: November 23, 2016, 10:09:04 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
We're taking Josh Jackson. He's a gritty, athletic wing who can't shoot. This guy has Ainge written all over him.

Mike

I don't really mind. That guy plays like an athletic upsized Smart. Anyone who plays their arses off is a winner to me.

« Reply #81 on: November 24, 2016, 02:23:24 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald

Yeah he doesn't carry his weight like Big Baby or Sully. Actually looks thin at 250 amazingly and could look to add more muscle to his frame
I watched some video highlights of him last night and I agree with you now. I saw some images of him that made him look a little different but you're right, he does carry that weight well.

It sounds like his big question mark is motivation but he's an 18 year old kid. It's hard to tell at that age.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #82 on: November 24, 2016, 02:24:52 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney

I watched some video highlights of him last night and I agree with you now. I saw some images of him that made him look a little different but you're right, he does carry that weight well.

It sounds like his big question mark is motivation but he's an 18 year old kid. It's hard to tell at that age.
That was the same worry with Andre Drummond and now he's arguably the best C in the league. Don't think it's a huge worry, but a read more into his calm demeanor.

« Reply #83 on: November 24, 2016, 02:40:21 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald

That was the same worry with Andre Drummond and now he's arguably the best C in the league. Don't think it's a huge worry, but a read more into his calm demeanor.
If that's the case and he comes back healthy, I can definitely see someone with that talent winding up in the top 10 and being a Celtic candidate, depending on where the Nets pick lands.

« Reply #84 on: November 24, 2016, 06:41:52 PM »

Offline Bostoncelticsforlife7

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 18
Well then, this draft will be right up Danny's alley—bring on the combo guards!

Seriously, there could be a draft in which 90% of the players are 7-foot centers, and Danny will still come out of it with a 6-8 "big man" and a couple of combo guards.
Hahahaha TP
Warning: I am a Marucs Smart homer