Author Topic: Would you Celtic fans trade Jaylen Brown?  (Read 6957 times)

Re: Would you Celtic fans trade Jaylen Brown?
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2016, 03:19:31 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
No, Brown is the best player in the trade, you don't want to be on that end.
This.

It's an interesting trade. I'm a lot higher on Noel than a lot of others on this board and I also think the Lakers will slide the longer the season goes along and will wind up in the 4-10 range for sure. But Jaylen projects to be the best player in that deal by a long shot, unless you think the Lakers pick is going to turn into someone better which is slim odds.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Re: Would you Celtic fans trade Jaylen Brown?
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2016, 08:32:59 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
So to start off I'm a firm believer in JB and literally love his game, but imagine if we did a trade like this:

Boston receives:
F/C Nerlens Noel
F Robert Covington
Lakers' 1st Round Pick

Philadelphia receives:
G/F Jaylen Brown
2nd Round Pick

We get even better in the post with Noel taking Johnson's spot and doing it so much better. Add a player in Covington that can not only stretch the floor for the bench, but give us so much more depth. We get a Lakers pick that could still potentially become a lottery pick in an especially deep draft.
We then extend Nerlens Noel and watch as him and Horford continue to grow as a pair. We then have at least one top 5 pick in next year's really deep draft and two picks that can add us players that could potentially become franchise cornerstones and for the time being give us solid bench minutes.
What say you guys?

If I'm DA I'm not trading anyone who impacts cap space this summer. So I'm already a no on this trade. If Brown is being included then it better be as part of a package for a superstar player because otherwise it's better to take your chances on probably 8 guaranteed years of Brown, with 4 of them at least below market value.

If the Celtics can't trade for another superstar or get one in FA this summer then it would be better to start looking at the future with the Brooklyn picks in all honesty. I don't mean trade in on the guys we have here but I do mean keeping the picks and bringing up those young guys in a playoff team with a playoff mentality.

If you want Noel just max him out in the summer and see what happens