Author Topic: So no one else sees what the actual problem is?  (Read 9483 times)

Re: So no one else sees what the actual problem is?
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2016, 11:36:52 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
"Problem" is overstated, because I don't actually think this team has had a "problem" beyond lacking a superstar and dealing with some key injuries.   But the key issue last night beyond just being completely out of our league playing against the Warriors, is that our lineup is microscopic in size.  You got 5'9 Ant Man at PG.  You got 6'2 Bradley at SG.  You got 6'4 French Fries at SF.  6'9 Amir Johnson playing Center... slightly offset by 7 foot Klynyk playing PF, but Klynyk has T-Rex arms.  He has a wingspan of 6'9.   That's a really really small lineup.  In fact, that PG/SG/SF lineup might be the smallest in history... or at least since the 1950s.  Can you think of a single modern basketball team that started a 5'9, 6'2 and 6'4 player together?  I certainly can't.  Less of a problem once Amir and Jae come back.

This^ plus:

It's ok to be small IF you take advantage of it by playing with great speed and great pace...we don't.
It's much too easy for NBA guards, and players in general to see over our tiny guards, to find scoring opportunities.

Our best scorer is our point guard, that is consumed with proving himself, over and over again.

Last nights game against the Kings saw the C's open with great ball movement finding the open man, and with good pace. Jumping out to a double digit lead. Thomas was controlled, and looking for the best opportunities.

Once the Kings began over-playing the C's responded with IT forcing shots at the rim, while the other players other than Horford, struggled. The second unit was terrible. Thus...a much to close game against the lowly Kings.

IT's style of play presents a damed if he does, and damed if he doesn't. I'd much more like to see IT score 18-20 with 10-11 assists, than 25 ppg with 5-6 assists.

« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2016, 09:35:48 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
They need a guy who can get the ball. They've never won anything without one. Sullinger was the only guy they had last year who could get the ball. They let him go. Horford has never been a big rebounder. They still need a guy who can get the ball.

« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2016, 10:07:58 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Talent

Far as the Trump comment, this is a Celtics Board, let's leave everyone's politics at home..

right, talent is certainly part of the issue. but you've gone on record as having been mad that Danny didnt get Blake, Aldridge, Durant, Howard, and others. so, not sure if i can take your word seriously on here.

Every player above has talent and where are they playing? Not Boston.

I'm tired of the why cant's and why not's from Ainge. If Free Agents do not want to sign here then don't waste resources trying.
The trade market over the years has been very active. Where has Ainge been?

Toronto, sound drafting, good trades and not afraid to draft Euro players.

Ainge has us all drinking the Kool-Aid

We just signed Horford. You can't pick and choose who counts and doesnt count. Who did you want Danny to trade for? Please give us some examples instead of spreading false propaganda.

Don't mock me with your B.S comments.
You know d@mn well Horford isn't a franchise player and is not the key to any playoff push.

Ainge had the money for Howard who is true C and controls the paint. What is the problem as constructed? No f##n interior Defense. If there was a free agent to sign howard was it, not the pipe dream Durant

Good teams trade picks for veteran talent.

I'm not mocking you at all. You're the one with the BS comments. Not me. I'm speaking completely logical and with sense.

Horford isn't a franchise player. Sure. But Howard? Howard is a franchise player now? LOL. The same 31 year old injury plagued Dwight Howard?? Give me a break.

Horford is an excellent fit for this team. He makes everyone better. He's a true veteran talent. Dwight is nothing but a crybaby. Like you.

Btw, you have yet to list any veteran talent Danny should have traded picks for. So, again, another BS comment from you bono.

Do me a favor, go help Clinton recount votes in Idaho...

Don't sugar coat it. Call it like it is, purgatory!

i dont get it lol
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2016, 10:36:41 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
Talent

Far as the Trump comment, this is a Celtics Board, let's leave everyone's politics at home..

right, talent is certainly part of the issue. but you've gone on record as having been mad that Danny didnt get Blake, Aldridge, Durant, Howard, and others. so, not sure if i can take your word seriously on here.

Every player above has talent and where are they playing? Not Boston.

I'm tired of the why cant's and why not's from Ainge. If Free Agents do not want to sign here then don't waste resources trying.
The trade market over the years has been very active. Where has Ainge been?

Toronto, sound drafting, good trades and not afraid to draft Euro players.

Ainge has us all drinking the Kool-Aid

We just signed Horford. You can't pick and choose who counts and doesnt count. Who did you want Danny to trade for? Please give us some examples instead of spreading false propaganda.

Don't mock me with your B.S comments.
You know d@mn well Horford isn't a franchise player and is not the key to any playoff push.

Ainge had the money for Howard who is true C and controls the paint. What is the problem as constructed? No f##n interior Defense. If there was a free agent to sign howard was it, not the pipe dream Durant

Good teams trade picks for veteran talent.

I'm not mocking you at all. You're the one with the BS comments. Not me. I'm speaking completely logical and with sense.

Horford isn't a franchise player. Sure. But Howard? Howard is a franchise player now? LOL. The same 31 year old injury plagued Dwight Howard?? Give me a break.

Horford is an excellent fit for this team. He makes everyone better. He's a true veteran talent. Dwight is nothing but a crybaby. Like you.

Btw, you have yet to list any veteran talent Danny should have traded picks for. So, again, another BS comment from you bono.

Yeah what happened to The Hawks? They fell off a cliff, man. Wow, what a turn around.