Author Topic: Markelle Fultz Thread (Merged)  (Read 78981 times)

Re: Markelle Fultz Thread (Merged)
« Reply #300 on: May 21, 2017, 03:24:28 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
Ball is better and so is jackson.  Fultz will be a bust.  Quote me!
Ball is a bust.
of those three, ball, to me, is the one with the biggest question marks about his game translating into the pros. i wish him luck but would not be surprised if he doesnt pan out well.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #301 on: May 21, 2017, 03:35:52 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
We got the #1 pick!!! I'm so hyped!!! Markelle Fultz welcome to Boston!!

All the talk, that's just a smokescreen to build up our position.  I'm going to bet you right now, Fultz is #1 on DA's list!!

« Reply #302 on: May 21, 2017, 03:40:08 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
Ball is a bust.

I may be wrong, and often am, but Ball looks a little Austin Rivers like to me... Wasn't Austin really good in collage but now he's just a step slow in the NBA.

« Reply #303 on: May 21, 2017, 03:45:55 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Ball is a bust.

I may be wrong, and often am, but Ball looks a little Austin Rivers like to me... Wasn't Austin really good in collage but now he's just a step slow in the NBA.
Ball is better then Rivers. Rivers is not a playmaker and has little court vision. Ball has eyes in the back of his head but Fultz can do it all.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #304 on: May 21, 2017, 03:56:39 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Ball is a bust.

Ball is better then Rivers. Rivers is not a playmaker and has little court vision. Ball has eyes in the back of his head but Fultz can do it all.

Point taken, but Rivers was way better in college. Ball is a top notch passer for sure...

« Reply #305 on: May 21, 2017, 03:59:07 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Austin Rivers in a Markelle Fultz thread? Are you guys trolling?

« Reply #306 on: May 21, 2017, 04:03:14 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
I'm betting this was a definitely a kick in the pants for Fultz.  For kids with a ton of talent, it's that light bulb moment, where you know you can't take anything for granted, you gotta work for it.  I'm betting Fultz is gonna be a great one.  I'm so glad we FINALLY won the lottery!

He didn't make Varsity his sophomore  year, and now most say the #1 pick. Thats pretty impressive. Ball and Jackson could be busts, none of us really know.

This may be the key to being an all time great. Not making varsity. Ask Jordan.

« Reply #307 on: May 21, 2017, 05:45:43 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
I'm excited for Fultz.

The Celts are going to have two elite pick and roll ball-handlers who can score from anywhere.

Figuring out how to build around those guys now becomes the focus of our franchise.

It's an exciting position to be in.

I've been thinking this as well.

IT4 and Markelle are going to have so much space and freedom for their drives, pull up jumpers, finishes, and threes.

How different this series would be if Thomas was healthy and there was someone who could take all that pressure off Isaiah.

Markelle will be that guy.

« Reply #308 on: May 21, 2017, 06:03:36 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
Early in his career, Markelle is going to be forced to play tough defense. He has the physicals tools (excellent frame, length, athleticism) to be an elite defender. He's going to be a devastating offensive force, so if he actually develops defensively, we could have a truly transcendent superstar on our hands.

Yeah, it's the defense that could make him special...he has the measurables to be elite defensively.

If he can tap into 90% of his defensive potential, then he will be better than Russell, Dame, and Kyrie.

« Reply #309 on: May 21, 2017, 07:31:04 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Austin Rivers in a Markelle Fultz thread? Are you guys trolling?

I'm not trolling and I compared Rivers to Ball but I admitted it wasn't a good comparison... I'm just looking at Ball a little suspiciously. He looks like the classic Great college player/ middling NBA player. Ball just does not look that athletic to me. He's so thin( jewish mother in me)

« Reply #310 on: May 21, 2017, 07:35:22 PM »

Offline Mencius

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
Ball is a bust.

Point taken, but Rivers was way better in college. Ball is a top notch passer for sure...
I'm not even a Ball fan, but he's clearly better than Rivers, and in no way was Rivers better than Ball was in college.  Rivers was rated the top prospect out of high school, and was something of a disappointment in his sole year at Duke.

« Reply #311 on: May 21, 2017, 07:46:54 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
A video that will get you hyped when thinking of what Fultz could do in the NBA:
https://youtu.be/cY6x5KAxfLc

To me the thing that will hold Ball back, and why he is the #2 prospect instead of the #1 is his jumpshot.  It is really awkward looking and has a low release.  This is probably the main culprit why he doesn't have a midrange game.  He just can't with his current release, it is too easy to block.  So he needs to shoot from deep to get off an accurate shot.

Lonzo's shooting form breakdown:
https://youtu.be/RSidKkWYweQ

Offensively, Fultz can do it all.  I feel like he's going to be a fantastic Celtic.  Like a mix of CP3 with a sprinkle of Curry's shooting thrown into the mix.  ;-)

« Reply #312 on: May 23, 2017, 10:50:29 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
More fuel for the Fultz fire...

On Celtics Beat podcast (5.21.17)...Sam Vecenie explains why he's one of the most complete offensive prospects he has scouted in past five years.

1. How does he rank?  1-Wall, 2-Fultz, 3-Kyrie, 4-Lillard
2. Will be a top ten offensive player in the NBA
3. Can score from all three levels
4. Really good passer (underrated)
5. Acrobatic finisher
6. Finish above the rim
7. Can leap off of one and two feet
8. Really good midrange game
9. Good shooter off screens
10. Good shooter off the dribble and catch
11. Unbelievable in the pick and roll
12. Can explode past switches
13. Has an advanced shake and wiggle
14. Has change of pace and great tempo
15. Has excellent BBIQ for pg position

« Reply #313 on: May 23, 2017, 03:27:45 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777

On Celtics Beat podcast (5.21.17)...Sam Vecenie explains why he's one of the most complete offensive prospects he has scouted in past five years.

5. Acrobatic finisher
6. Finish above the rim
13. Has an advanced shake and wiggle
14. Has change of pace and great tempo
15. Has excellent BBIQ for pg position

The thing I like about Fultz is, if everything pans out, he instantly makes the team more flexible and versatile in terms of lineups and adding other pieces. We are not a championship team, and are trying to get there, so we need some pieces. I love IT, but if you are looking at adding guys next to him, you really have to think about defense, size, etc. Fultz would erase those; you could really add almost any type of guard next to Fultz. He could be the bigger gaurd in a smallish ball lineup or be the true point guard. He may not be all-nba defense, but don't have to constantly worry about where to hide him. It makes it easier to just grab "pure talent" and fit it next to Fultz, whereas that same "pure talent" next to IT or Bradley or Smart, depending on the specifics of the "pure talent," could lead to some deficiencies.

« Reply #314 on: May 23, 2017, 11:30:49 PM »

Offline jakeopp

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12

5. Acrobatic finisher
6. Finish above the rim