Author Topic: Markelle Fultz Thread (Merged)  (Read 78685 times)

Re: Markelle Fultz Thread (Merged)
« Reply #210 on: March 30, 2017, 11:03:11 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Some people want to knock his athleticism claiming it's not Elite. He does have Elite athleticism he just doesn't show it all the time. On The Fast Break with monster dunks and especially on defense with LeBron like Chase down blocks. The thing is the kids just so darn crafty at a young age his hesitation moves or what really make him hard to guard.

They call it the Hang dribble in this video, but it really does keep the Defenders on their heels, deceptive, smart, instinctual, crafty those the words to describe this kid on offense, really effective scorer​ and passer it will be a blessing to get this kid.
the word "athleticism" is too vague.

He has some very good athletic traits, but hes not real explosive.

Smith Jr. and Fox are much better in these areas. Those guys, I would say are elite.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #211 on: March 30, 2017, 11:33:47 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Some people want to knock his athleticism claiming it's not Elite. He does have Elite athleticism he just doesn't show it all the time. On The Fast Break with monster dunks and especially on defense with LeBron like Chase down blocks. The thing is the kids just so darn crafty at a young age his hesitation moves or what really make him hard to guard.

They call it the Hang dribble in this video, but it really does keep the Defenders on their heels, deceptive, smart, instinctual, crafty those the words to describe this kid on offense, really effective scorer​ and passer it will be a blessing to get this kid.

Smith Jr. and Fox are much better in these areas. Those guys, I would say are elite.

He's Explosive. 14 second in he dunks from the free throw line or almost, he's just so smooth it doesn't even seem like it.

https://youtu.be/ic04d1aT_xI

Here is another angle, you gotta admit the hang time is real.

https://youtu.be/csAJR3w1JII

« Reply #212 on: March 30, 2017, 11:47:03 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson

He's Explosive. 14 second in he dunks from the free throw line or almost, he's just so smooth it doesn't even seem like it.

I dont care about his hang time or his leaping ability and I most definitely dont care about his high school mix tape.

I care about his explosion to the rim and his burst with the ball.

hes elite in neither of those categories.

Smith Jr. and Fox are.

can he blow by an NBA defender and get to the basket without a screen? nope.

can many players in the NBA? absolutely not. Thats what makes the elite guys so impressive.

I think Smith Jr. and Fox have that type of Isaiah Thomas, John Wall, Russell Westbrook type of burst.
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #213 on: March 30, 2017, 11:53:20 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Tatum is not a wildcard. Josh Jackson is more of a wildcard with his lack of consistent jump shot and range. Tatum can shoot from anywhere. The draft is deep the tiers of the lottery for me:

Tier 1: fultz, ball, Tatum, Jackson, fox
Tier2: smith, Isaac, ntilkina, monk, markannen
Tier 3: leaf, Collins, giles

Hoping we get fultz or Tatum with the 1st pick but anyone in tier 1 is fine
2nd pick jordan bell should be there available. Hoping either Grayson Allen or bam adebayo falls, maybe Dwayne bacon.

Jackson .378 vs Tatum .342 3 pt fg %.

« Reply #214 on: March 31, 2017, 12:02:02 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

I dont care about his hang time or his leaping ability and I most definitely dont care about his high school mix tape.

Smith Jr. and Fox are.

can many players in the NBA? absolutely not. Thats what makes the elite guys so impressive.

I think Smith Jr. and Fox have that type of Isaiah Thomas, John Wall, Russell Westbrook type of burst.

So you want less skilled guys who are slightly more explosive? I then give you Terry Rozier.

You haven't watched a lot of Fultz (or too biased to other players) if you don't think he can blow by an NBA defender.

« Reply #215 on: March 31, 2017, 12:03:39 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Smith Jr. and Fox are.

Fox I'll give you he's John Wall fast. Smith he's explosive, but he sucks, so who cares. You watch that guy play? Opposite of a winner in my humble opinion.😉
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 12:44:10 AM by KG Living Legend »

« Reply #216 on: March 31, 2017, 12:46:48 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Smith Jr. and Fox are.

So you want less skilled guys who are slightly more explosive? I then give you Terry Rozier.

You haven't watched a lot of Fultz (or too biased to other players) if you don't think he can blow by an NBA defender.

Agreed. Why do you hate Fultz? Dude's awesome. The kid literally has it all in the toolbox. That's why he will be chosen first. No glaring holes.

« Reply #217 on: March 31, 2017, 01:42:10 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson

Smith Jr. and Fox are.

Agreed. Why do you hate Fultz? Dude's awesome. The kid literally has it all in the toolbox. That's why he will be chosen first. No glaring holes.
whoa whoa whoa

I never said I like those guys better. I dont.

For me Fultz is #1. Miles ahead of Smith and Fox (who I have 8th and 5th). I just dont think he has elite burst and I dont think hes explosive in the half-court.

Why cant we criticize(or in this case claim a player is not elite in one aspect of his game) a player and still like him.

Lebron isnt an elite shooter. Does that mean I dont want Lebron?

« Reply #218 on: March 31, 2017, 02:02:48 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Smith Jr. and Fox are.

whoa whoa whoa

For me Fultz is #1. Miles ahead of Smith and Fox (who I have 8th and 5th). I just dont think he has elite burst and I dont think hes explosive in the half-court.

Why cant we criticize(or in this case claim a player is not elite in one aspect of his game) a player and still like him.

All I'm saying is that his burst, first step, explosiveness, is there. He plays at different speeds and shifts gears that's part of what makes him virtually unguardable.

Make no mistake about it the burst on Fultz is there. If you don't Know you better ask somebody lol.

« Reply #219 on: March 31, 2017, 02:06:00 AM »

Offline jakeopp

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12
Tatum is not a wildcard. Josh Jackson is more of a wildcard with his lack of consistent jump shot and range. Tatum can shoot from anywhere. The draft is deep the tiers of the lottery for me:

2nd pick jordan bell should be there available. Hoping either Grayson Allen or bam adebayo falls, maybe Dwayne bacon.

Jackson - 56.6 FT%
Tatum - 84.9 FT%

Jackson - Shooting form needs work to say the least
Tatum - solid shooting form

Jackson - 20.1 years old
Tatum - 19.1 years old

« Reply #220 on: March 31, 2017, 02:10:12 AM »

Offline jakeopp

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12
You don't have to be a Russell Westbrook or John Wall type of explosive athlete to be elite. James Harden may very well be the MVP and that's who Fultz gets compared to most out of any current player. Though I think he's clearly more athletic than some people in here are giving him credit for. 

« Reply #221 on: March 31, 2017, 02:12:37 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

Jackson - 56.6 FT%
Tatum - 84.9 FT%

Jackson - 20.1 years old
Tatum - 19.1 years old
exactly. Jackson is relatively old for a modern lottery rookie and hasn't learned how to shoot right or even easy free throws. I think that's worse than Shaq and deandre Jordan. It's alarming

If Jackson had a good shot I would be more comfortable taking him. Do we really need another non-shooter to put next to Marcus smart and jaylen brown?

Fultz and Tatum can shoot. For Tatums weaknesses, make him practice 3 pointers and lock him in the gym. At least athleticism can be solved working out. Jacksons shot hasn't been fixed in a decade since he's played ball

« Reply #222 on: March 31, 2017, 02:14:28 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson

Smith Jr. and Fox are.

whoa whoa whoa

All I'm saying is that his burst, first step, explosiveness, is there. He plays at different speeds and shifts gears that's part of what makes him virtually unguardable.

Make no mistake about it the burst on Fultz is there. If you don't Know you better ask somebody lol.
yeah, but they arent elite.

I dont think he is a "wow" type athlete in the half-court.

James Harden isnt either. Neither is Kyrie Irving.

Thats all Im saying. Im not "hating" on Fultz. I think he is the best prospect and a really really good athlete.

« Reply #223 on: March 31, 2017, 02:17:59 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson

Jackson - 56.6 FT%
Tatum - 84.9 FT%

Jackson - 20.1 years old
Tatum - 19.1 years old
exactly. Jackson is relatively old for a modern lottery rookie and hasn't learned how to shoot right or even easy free throws. I think that's worse than Shaq and deandre Jordan. It's alarming

If Jackson had a good shot I would be more comfortable taking him. Do we really need another non-shooter to put next to Marcus smart and jaylen brown?

Fultz and Tatum can shoot. For Tatums weaknesses, make him practice 3 pointers and lock him in the gym. At least athleticism can be solved working out. Jacksons shot hasn't been fixed in a decade since he's played ball
Athleticism cant be solved.

Tatum's range can be extended and he can add strength.

Jackson is more likely to figure out how to shoot than Tatum is likely to substantially improve his athleticism.

« Reply #224 on: March 31, 2017, 02:24:23 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
You're wrong.
There's no way jackson gets better at shooting. Even if he does, tatums shooting is already years advanced ahead of jackson even as Tatum is younger

Look at kevin durant. He couldn't do 1 rep at the camp For 180 lbs as a rookie. 
http://www.espn.com/nba/draft2007/news/story?id=2894925
According to the Times, Durant was the only prospect at camp who failed to bench press 185 pounds, and finished behind Oden in some key drills, including the vertical leap, agility drill and three-quarter court sprint.
Oden jumped 34 inches in the vertical leap while Durant jumped 33½ inches, completed the agility drill in 11.67 seconds to Durant's 12.33 seconds, and finished the three-quarter court sprint in 3.27 seconds, ahead of Durant's 3.45 seconds, according to the report.

Now Durant is very strong and fast.
Meanwhile, the list of bad shooters who stay as bad shooters is longer than those who became good.shooters.