Author Topic: Markelle Fultz Thread (Merged)  (Read 78636 times)

Re: Markelle Fultz Thread (Merged)
« Reply #195 on: March 15, 2017, 08:17:13 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Would really love to see the Celts draft this kid and pair him with Jaylen --full time, starter minutes.
Yes, I'm advocating rebuild mode. Yes, I'm saying ship IT and his phoney-baloney numbers outta town asap
The current Celts are deeply flawed and cannot beat the good teams of the East when those teams are healthy. It's been proven over and over again. It's like Groundhog day.

I wanna get off this carousel of mediocrity and go with a legit youth movement.

Really?

What Boston Celtics have achieved in the last year:

- Came within one game (GSW beating Cavs) of signing Kevin Durant
- Beat Cavs, Warriors
- Thomas having one of the greatest seasons in Celtics history
- Brad Stevens picked as All-Star coach
- Avery Bradley having All-Defence season
- Second in the East within two games of first

I've quite enjoyed our 'carousel of mediocrity'.

How many playoff games have the Celtics won in the last few years??  Like two??
Playoff series??  Zero....
Not sure what definition of mediocrity you go by.
carousel implies going in circles.

3 years ago we won 25(?) games and didnt make the playoffs
2 years ago we won 40 and won 0 playoff games
last year we won 48 games and won 2 playoff games
this year we are on pace for 51 games and cant be blamed for failing to win playoff games that wont happen for another month.

Where is the carousel? Is the implication that next year we go back to a 40 win team?

this is absurd. We have improved every year and have even improved our playoff performance every year.

Find me the carousel.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #196 on: March 15, 2017, 10:26:05 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
If Bradley is on the team, he starts. If not and Brown is on the team, he starts. If they are both gone, Smart starts. Fultz will be brought along like Brown this year. Slow and in a bench learning role unless someone gets hurt. Its just the way Stevens does things.

« Reply #197 on: March 15, 2017, 10:30:24 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
If Bradley is on the team, he starts. If not and Brown is on the team, he starts. If they are both gone, Smart starts. Fultz will be brought along like Brown this year. Slow and in a bench learning role unless someone gets hurt. Its just the way Stevens does things.
I wouldn't pin it on Stevens. That is typical for rookies when teams aren't garbage.

« Reply #198 on: March 15, 2017, 10:33:22 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I wouldn't pin it on Stevens. That is typical for rookies when teams aren't garbage.
Very true..its very much NBA culture when you don't suck.

« Reply #199 on: March 22, 2017, 07:18:23 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTfNbPh3ErU -Strengths

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkuCO7UzWqo - Weaknesses

Draft Express has loaded its scouting clips of Markelle Fultz today.

He plays with such incredible amounts of skill at such a young age, that it is unbelievable we would be in a position to draft a player of this caliber. He is everything you want from a lead guard in the modern NBA. He is huge by even current NBA standards. Standing at 6'4 or 6'5 he ranks in the upper most tier for height. Combine that with his huge wingspan (6'10) and he is able to make highlight plays over other players. His pull up game and off the ball shot creation are amazing to watch, and his ability to finish through traffic is very Kyrie Esque. However one of his best attributes appears to be creating out of the pick and roll. He can shoot over sagging bigs, take a hard close out to the rim, split a trap using both behind the back and tight dribble moves; he also can find rollers, poppers, cutters, and weak side 3pt shooters. He is amazing running the P and R, which is really what it comes down to.

His major weakness seems to be his focus on the defensive end. While he has all of the phyiscal and mental tools to be great at defense, it almost looks like he can be asleep at the wheel at times. Hopefully having Stevens and Smart riding him at practice would help mold him into the prime of what he can be, instead of crashing him into the ground.

Overall, the videos are a good watch. He has been at the top of his class so long, it almost seems like I have forgotten just how talented he really is.
#JKJB

« Reply #200 on: March 22, 2017, 07:37:53 PM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel

He plays with such incredible amounts of skill at such a young age, that it is unbelievable we would be in a position to draft a player of this caliber. He is everything you want from a lead guard in the modern NBA. He is huge by even current NBA standards. Standing at 6'4 or 6'5 he ranks in the upper most tier for height. Combine that with his huge wingspan (6'10) and he is able to make highlight plays over other players. His pull up game and off the ball shot creation are amazing to watch, and his ability to finish through traffic is very Kyrie Esque. However one of his best attributes appears to be creating out of the pick and roll. He can shoot over sagging bigs, take a hard close out to the rim, split a trap using both behind the back and tight dribble moves; he also can find rollers, poppers, cutters, and weak side 3pt shooters. He is amazing running the P and R, which is really what it comes down to.

His major weakness seems to be his focus on the defensive end. While he has all of the phyiscal and mental tools to be great at defense, it almost looks like he can be asleep at the wheel at times. Hopefully having Stevens and Smart riding him at practice would help mold him into the prime of what he can be, instead of crashing him into the ground.

Overall, the videos are a good watch. He has been at the top of his class so long, it almost seems like I have forgotten just how talented he really is.

His effort/intensity problems will not persist through practices with Smart, Crowder, Bradley, and Rozier hawking him every chance they get. You cannot be lackadaisical with those guys looking to take the ball from you. Even Brown will punish an unfocused dribbler.

He will THRIVE with more space. I think he's head and shoulders above everyone else in the draft. I think this is a 1 player draft.
My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier

« Reply #201 on: March 22, 2017, 07:46:29 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486

His effort/intensity problems will not persist through practices with Smart, Crowder, Bradley, and Rozier hawking him every chance they get. You cannot be lackadaisical with those guys looking to take the ball from you. Even Brown will punish an unfocused dribbler.

He will THRIVE with more space. I think he's head and shoulders above everyone else in the draft. I think this is a 1 player draft.

It is amazing what he can do at his age. The sky is the limit, and I agree that if we get #1, we shouldn't even blink twice.
#JKJB

« Reply #202 on: March 22, 2017, 08:41:09 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
What was causing his knee soreness?  That's the only thing that has been worrying me about Fultz.

« Reply #203 on: March 29, 2017, 06:25:33 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
new Fultz draftexpress breakdown video. God I hope we get the #1 pick. Onnnneee tiiimmmeeeee....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTfNbPh3ErU
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #204 on: March 29, 2017, 06:43:04 AM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
Can he wear Ray's number or is it restricted?

« Reply #205 on: March 30, 2017, 08:46:33 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Does anyone know anything about Markelle's character? Any interesting human interest articles about him?

With the Lonzo circus continuing unabated, seems critical we get the top pick. Pick 2 might force our hand to take Lonzo, and Pick 3 seems a dropoff..
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #206 on: March 30, 2017, 09:08:47 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Does anyone know anything about Markelle's character? Any interesting human interest articles about him?

With the Lonzo circus continuing unabated, seems critical we get the top pick. Pick 2 might force our hand to take Lonzo, and Pick 3 seems a dropoff..

Actually the rise of Jackson makes this a top 3 draft. Tatum is the wild card.

« Reply #207 on: March 30, 2017, 09:31:23 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Tatum is not a wildcard. Josh Jackson is more of a wildcard with his lack of consistent jump shot and range. Tatum can shoot from anywhere. The draft is deep the tiers of the lottery for me:

Tier 1: fultz, ball, Tatum, Jackson, fox
Tier2: smith, Isaac, ntilkina, monk, markannen
Tier 3: leaf, Collins, giles

Hoping we get fultz or Tatum with the 1st pick but anyone in tier 1 is fine
2nd pick jordan bell should be there available. Hoping either Grayson Allen or bam adebayo falls, maybe Dwayne bacon.

« Reply #208 on: March 30, 2017, 09:41:49 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
new Fultz draftexpress breakdown video. God I hope we get the #1 pick. Onnnneee tiiimmmeeeee....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTfNbPh3ErU

I'm afraid to watch it.

« Reply #209 on: March 30, 2017, 10:41:23 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Some people want to knock his athleticism claiming it's not Elite. He does have Elite athleticism he just doesn't show it all the time. On The Fast Break with monster dunks and especially on defense with LeBron like Chase down blocks. The thing is the kids just so darn crafty at a young age his hesitation moves or what really make him hard to guard.

They call it the Hang dribble in this video, but it really does keep the Defenders on their heels, deceptive, smart, instinctual, crafty those the words to describe this kid on offense, really effective scorer​ and passer it will be a blessing to get this kid.