Author Topic: Markelle Fultz Thread (Merged)  (Read 78634 times)

Re: Markelle Fultz Thread (Merged)
« Reply #165 on: February 19, 2017, 07:58:40 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Washington is 9-18 that makes think that he is more a guy piling up numbers on a bad team than a transcendent player.

http://www.gohuskies.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=402

Bird's team had one or two good players besides him and yet he took them the championship game.  Doesn't this alarm anyone?  Good PG makes everyone around him better, is this happening here?

Let the excuses begin....
Um...Fultz's team does not really even have "one or two good players", the next best guy is most likely average at best. And also Bird's position can impact the game in more ways because he was tall enough to do most things like rebound, handle the ball, pass or score. Fultz does not have that ability of being able to pull off a lebron
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #166 on: February 19, 2017, 08:09:16 AM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64
Washington is 9-18 that makes think that he is more a guy piling up numbers on a bad team than a transcendent player.

Bird's team had one or two good players besides him and yet he took them the championship game.  Doesn't this alarm anyone?  Good PG makes everyone around him better, is this happening here?

Bringing up Larry Bird in 2017. Im sure Bird would dominate in the same way Fultz is and he would still be losing the same amount of games.

« Reply #167 on: February 19, 2017, 08:51:05 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
1. Jackson or Ball
3. Fultz

« Reply #168 on: February 19, 2017, 11:14:03 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

I agree... Especially at the collegiate level.

He is already considered a top prospect but I dont understand how people are saying he is a game changer/franchise level prospect

Need to see proof first

« Reply #169 on: February 19, 2017, 11:41:36 AM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum

He is already considered a top prospect but I dont understand how people are saying he is a game changer/franchise level prospect

Need to see proof first

Simply because he is the only good player on that team and yet he is putting up fantastic numbers. He is getting all the focus from the opposition.

« Reply #170 on: February 19, 2017, 12:16:15 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Need to see proof first

Simply because he is the only good player on that team and yet he is putting up fantastic numbers. He is getting all the focus from the opposition.

That doesnt make you a game changer

Melo, Cousins get attention all the time.. yet their teams dont win

Multiple roster changes, coaching changes...it doesnt matter

Game changer, tier 1 prospect should be labelled with more scrutiny... There are only a few in the world

« Reply #171 on: February 19, 2017, 01:15:39 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
Comparing college basketball in 1978 versus today is comparing apples and oranges.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #172 on: February 19, 2017, 01:16:07 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I think as we get closer to draft day Fultz stock will slip like Okafor from number one to 3 or 4. Just get that vibe about him. I think he will be a good NBA player but not a game changer like Ball or Jackson. Could even see Tatum getting drafted before him. We will see.

« Reply #173 on: February 19, 2017, 01:41:54 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Bringing up Larry Bird in 2017. Im sure Bird would dominate in the same way Fultz is and he would still be losing the same amount of games.

Bird took his team to the championship, in a time when game had guys who played four years.   Then we take the issue of the college three pointer and Bird's shooting. 

Taking that in consideration, I think he would do fine today.  So I bet your not so sure now are you?

« Reply #174 on: February 19, 2017, 01:50:05 PM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum

Bird took his team to the championship, in a time when game had guys who played four years.   Then we take the issue of the college three pointer and Bird's shooting. 

Taking that in consideration, I think he would do fine today.  So I bet your not so sure now are you?

Im sure Birds Birds personal statistics would be great. Bird on the 2017 Washington Huskies wouldn't get them into the NCAA tournament.

« Reply #175 on: February 19, 2017, 01:56:04 PM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum

Need to see proof first

That doesnt make you a game changer

Melo, Cousins get attention all the time.. yet their teams dont win

Multiple roster changes, coaching changes...it doesnt matter

Game changer, tier 1 prospect should be labelled with more scrutiny... There are only a few in the world

Everyone has their own definition of what a game changer means for them. On our Celtics roster, we don't need him to carry. We need talent on both ends of the floor, consistent talent. Im not sure there is anyone more talented than Markelle, who can play either guard spot. This type of talent can easily prove to be a game changer. Look at what Bradely Beal is doing along side John Wall after a few years. He is a Beal level type player IMO.

« Reply #176 on: February 19, 2017, 02:19:36 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

Um...Fultz's team does not really even have "one or two good players", the next best guy is most likely average at best. And also Bird's position can impact the game in more ways because he was tall enough to do most things like rebound, handle the ball, pass or score. Fultz does not have that ability of being able to pull off a lebron

Bird's team is relatively better than Fultz's team.  Nowadays it is hard to solo-carry a team.

« Reply #177 on: February 19, 2017, 02:29:34 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
1. Jackson or Ball
3. Fultz

Yes---that's where I'm at too.  :)
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #178 on: February 19, 2017, 02:44:15 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
I love Fultz, but we need to cool our jets. Even if the Nets end up with the worst record in the league, the most likely spot for us to draft is 4th. Projecting Fultz to the C's at this early juncture is a recipe to be let down.

4th?? Lol

Not too likely

You've been on this board for how long now, and you still say things like this. I don't get it.

What is it that you dont get.... He stated -

Even if the Nets end up with the worst record in the league, the most likely spot for us to draft is 4th

Does this sound statistically plausible to you?

It's not "statistically plausible" - it is the absolute truth. With the best lottery slot we would have a 36% chance at #4, which is higher than the odds of #1 (25%), #2 (21.5%), or #3 (18%).

This has been covered in dozens or perhaps hundreds of threads over the last few years.

4th is the most likely, but to put it that way is misleading since we have a much better chance of landing 1, 2 or 3, taken as a whole, than 4.

The only statistic that should matter--is that we have a BETTER chance at a Top Pick, than any other team.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #179 on: March 01, 2017, 05:32:15 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Bball breakdown on why Fultz is the number one pick...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHYCFBASl_4
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.