Author Topic: Markelle Fultz Thread (Merged)  (Read 79076 times)

Re: Markelle Fultz Thread (Merged)
« Reply #150 on: February 03, 2017, 04:01:26 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I love Fultz, but we need to cool our jets. Even if the Nets end up with the worst record in the league, the most likely spot for us to draft is 4th. Projecting Fultz to the C's at this early juncture is a recipe to be let down.

4th?? Lol

Not too likely

You've been on this board for how long now, and you still say things like this. I don't get it.

Well, worst record has a 64% chance of being top 3. Almost twice as likely as being the 4th pick. I guess it depends on your definition of 'likely'.

Given our past luck at ping pong balls, I would not be surprised if we ended up with the 4th.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #151 on: February 03, 2017, 11:04:34 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Matchup Video: Markelle Fultz vs. De'Anthony Melton
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tSzis_ubyE

« Reply #152 on: February 03, 2017, 11:12:20 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I love Fultz, but we need to cool our jets. Even if the Nets end up with the worst record in the league, the most likely spot for us to draft is 4th. Projecting Fultz to the C's at this early juncture is a recipe to be let down.

4th?? Lol

Not too likely

You've been on this board for how long now, and you still say things like this. I don't get it.

Well, worst record has a 64% chance of being top 3. Almost twice as likely as being the 4th pick. I guess it depends on your definition of 'likely'.

Given our past luck at ping pong balls, I would not be surprised if we ended up with the 4th.
take last year as a sign things are changing.  Nets had the 3rd worst record and we got the third pick.  I'd be perfectly happy having that trend continue this year where we end up with the pick that matches the Nets record in the standings

« Reply #153 on: February 06, 2017, 03:14:27 PM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
Has this kid ever taken an uncontested shot?  I don't know if I ever seen another player in the college ranks that has to play 1 vs 5 everyday like Post-Rape Charge Kobe..

« Reply #154 on: February 06, 2017, 03:22:04 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567

4th?? Lol

Not too likely

While that could be seen as a disappointment I prefer to think of it a different way. Very few folks agreed with me that the Brooklyn picks in 206-2018 had a strong chance of being lottery picks. So with that in mind, I see these picks as playing with house money. Would I rather see Fultz in green? You betcha. But I will try to not be terribly distraught if it's Ball, Jackson, Smith or Issac. All of those guys have star potential.

Fultz is going to be a good one no doubt, but I don't feel that missing on him would be like drawing #2 in the Timmy Duncan or Lebron sweepstakes. So while I'm rooting for #1, if it's 4 we're still likely to add a very good player to what is already a very good team.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #155 on: February 06, 2017, 03:58:42 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

4th?? Lol

Not too likely

While that could be seen as a disappointment I prefer to think of it a different way. Very few folks agreed with me that the Brooklyn picks in 206-2018 had a strong chance of being lottery picks. So with that in mind, I see these picks as playing with house money. Would I rather see Fultz in green? You betcha. But I will try to not be terribly distraught if it's Ball, Jackson, Smith or Issac. All of those guys have star potential.

Fultz is going to be a good one no doubt, but I don't feel that missing on him would be like drawing #2 in the Timmy Duncan or Lebron sweepstakes. So while I'm rooting for #1, if it's 4 we're still likely to add a very good player to what is already a very good team.

The way I see it, we have about a 50/50 shot (slightly less) at getting a top two pick. To me, that is where there is separation in this draft.  Fultz and Ball are projected to be future NBA All Stars based on their tier one ranking.  Basically, the flip of the coin is going to determine if we get a projected future all star.  Not a sure thing, but something to get excited about!!

« Reply #156 on: February 10, 2017, 01:49:25 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Check out this Instagram from Fultz...
shout out to IT

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQVguv9hZZG/?taken-by=markellefultz

« Reply #157 on: February 10, 2017, 01:55:27 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
shout out to IT

Yeah, IT has been watching out for him as a UW alum. 

« Reply #158 on: February 10, 2017, 01:57:45 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
shout out to IT

Yeah, IT has been watching out for him as a UW alum.
Cool, I was wondering what is the connection.

« Reply #159 on: February 12, 2017, 05:55:23 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I read all these scout reports and lots of prospect rankings and they all tout this guy as the #1 prospect. I watch him and I see was he is rated highly. His games got no weaknesses. He can pass, shoot, make tough shots, defend, even rebound.

However, Ive never seen him play a "wow" game. Perhaps this is a product of his team, perhaps his talent is so immense that it just looks easy for him to drop 30 or make a tough shot. Maybe he is too good for my eye test. That said, I watch Lonzo Ball and its so easy to tell why some people believe he could be a superstar. You watch Josh Jackson and the same thing happens. He jumps off the page.

I dont get that feeling with Fultz. What am I missing here. Someone help me out.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #160 on: February 12, 2017, 06:28:15 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 598
I read all these scout reports and lots of prospect rankings and they all tout this guy as the #1 prospect. I watch him and I see was he is rated highly. His games got no weaknesses. He can pass, shoot, make tough shots, defend, even rebound.

However, Ive never seen him play a "wow" game. Perhaps this is a product of his team, perhaps his talent is so immense that it just looks easy for him to drop 30 or make a tough shot. Maybe he is too good for my eye test. That said, I watch Lonzo Ball and its so easy to tell why some people believe he could be a superstar. You watch Josh Jackson and the same thing happens. He jumps off the page.

I dont get that feeling with Fultz. What am I missing here. Someone help me out.

He is missing the killer instinct of Jackson. He plays casually most of the time. With Jackson, you can clearly see the impact on his team. Fultz, despite impressive stat numbers doesn't seem to be much of a difference maker.

« Reply #161 on: February 12, 2017, 07:01:43 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

As someone who watches a lot of college bball and is a draft junkie the things that stand out the most to me:

* He makes incredibly tough shots look very easy. He doesn't seem to mind a hand in his face at all and will still hit the shot- even on threes.
*His offensive game is basically complete from around the basket, from 10-15 feet and 3 point range.
*His pick and roll ball handling ability is NBA level and he will find a shooter or hit a tough jumpshot.
*He finishes in transition with ease.
*He is like Harden in that he sees the play happening and adjusts before the defender figures out what he's going to do. This is something that can't be taught and to me, it's a superstar trait.

He's like a more complete version of Evan Turner but he actually hits his shots. ET's mid range game has always been great but Fultz finishes at the basket, gets to the line AND hits 3's- he's a complete offensive weapon a true scorer.
These aren't things that are new to you as you've mentioned them already, but the way in which he scores from mid range and 15 feet out at age 20 is truly astounding. Reminds me of Carmelo's ability to just hit ANYTHING from 10 feet out in college.

I also think he will benefit in the NBA from NBA spacing in the pick and roll.
But yeah, he just has a complete offensive game and a tough shot maker.
Like Isaiah, he repeatedly makes difficult shots that look so hard, but he does it so often that you expect it from him.

Good video on youtube from draft express talking about how advanced his pull up game is and his step back moves. Type in 'fultz strengths' to watch it.

Clear #1 for me right now. Only other scorer in the draft top 10 like this is Monk IMO.
Some people say he's not trying hard enough but I don't agree. He got angry vs UCLA that his team was so bad and decided to go at Ball in the 2nd half I think he hit 5 threes in the 2nd half too. His defensive potential is great because of his length and anticipation senses.

I haven't seen any other point guards in the NCAA make multiple chase down blocks which relates to the 'too casual' tag that some are giving him.
Even chasing down a block, he looks casual and like he's jogging back, then all of a sudden he explodes to pin the ball against the backboard, catches the rebound and then within 4 or 5 dribbles he's down the other end wreaking havoc in the paint or finding a shooter.

Hard to compare him to anyone.
For me he's a mix between Paul Pierce and James Harden. He hits tough shots like these guys but also has their craftiness but arguably more athleticism even though he's a bit smaller.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 07:09:51 PM by chambers »
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #162 on: February 19, 2017, 03:37:49 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
Markelle Fultz (Washington) vs Arizona // 2.18.17 // 26 Pts, 6 Ast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMouijTk3iE

« Reply #163 on: February 19, 2017, 06:12:14 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Washington is 9-18 that makes think that he is more a guy piling up numbers on a bad team than a transcendent player.

http://www.gohuskies.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=402

Bird's team had one or two good players besides him and yet he took them the championship game.  Doesn't this alarm anyone?  Good PG makes everyone around him better, is this happening here?

Let the excuses begin....

« Reply #164 on: February 19, 2017, 07:57:14 AM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
Washington is 9-18 that makes think that he is more a guy piling up numbers on a bad team than a transcendent player.

http://www.gohuskies.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=402

Bird's team had one or two good players besides him and yet he took them the championship game.  Doesn't this alarm anyone?  Good PG makes everyone around him better, is this happening here?

Let the excuses begin....

How about watching the player ? Analysis over stat columns doesn't make a player. There is a reason many scouts think he's the sure fire #1.