Author Topic: Markelle Fultz Thread (Merged)  (Read 78668 times)

Re: Markelle Fultz is a rich man's Evan Turner
« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2017, 11:42:27 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
https://www.instagram.com/p/BPs8kcGDQJ_/

Jonathan Givony of Draftexpress just posted this video of all the ways Markelle Fultz can score in the halfcourt. Of course it's impossible to say for certain that he'd be able to replicate this at the NBA level, it does show that Fultz has arsenal of shots to work with that wouldn't be easy to predict and the athleticism to attack the holes in the defense.,

For those concerned about adding a rookie guard to this team next year, in the short term couldn't you easily picture Fultz sliding seamlessly into the vacant Evan Turner 6th man shot creator off the bench role? It was shot creation that carried the offense for stretches and unlike ET, Fultz would play it with above the rim hops and deep three point range.

All in on this kid, Fultz or bust. Here's hoping the Old Gods are with the King in the 4th and bring us the Young Wolf on draft day. 8)

No brainer he goes #1, he looks like the only NBA player in college so far.

I feel like a rich man's Evan Turner is selling him short. He's more like a properly sized Isaiah Thomas.

I wouldn't go that far. IT is already establishing himself and carving his own destiny...a few successful playoff campagns and he will be regarded as the best 5'9 to ever play the game.

Turner is actually a very good comparison..ET was an excellent player coming out and expectatuons were really good for him to succeed.
I also see Fultz as ET like...silky smooth moves and abit herky jerky but with more consistency...the three ball also helps him quite a lot..

« Reply #76 on: January 26, 2017, 11:49:21 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Jonathan Givony of Draftexpress just posted this video of all the ways Markelle Fultz can score in the halfcourt. Of course it's impossible to say for certain that he'd be able to replicate this at the NBA level, it does show that Fultz has arsenal of shots to work with that wouldn't be easy to predict and the athleticism to attack the holes in the defense.,

For those concerned about adding a rookie guard to this team next year, in the short term couldn't you easily picture Fultz sliding seamlessly into the vacant Evan Turner 6th man shot creator off the bench role? It was shot creation that carried the offense for stretches and unlike ET, Fultz would play it with above the rim hops and deep three point range.

All in on this kid, Fultz or bust. Here's hoping the Old Gods are with the King in the 4th and bring us the Young Wolf on draft day. 8)

I feel like a rich man's Evan Turner is selling him short. He's more like a properly sized Isaiah Thomas.

I disagree its a no brainer

His team stinks. It maybe none of his fault but could he do more to help his team win?

Ball and Jackson are in the same league imo

« Reply #77 on: January 26, 2017, 11:51:52 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Might be a reason not to draft him

« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2017, 12:09:09 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
Rich man's Evan Turner. Interesting.

« Reply #79 on: January 26, 2017, 12:11:15 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
If we get the 1 pick, I think Danny really has a tough time choosing between Fultz and Ball. 

« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2017, 12:15:34 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Question: Does winning games in the NCAA actually matter? The way I see it, its all about individual characteristics and performance that should matter most when evaluating a player. Apart from those loaded teams like Kentucky and Duke, when has winning in the NCAA translated to being a productive NBA player? Guys like Napier and Brice Johnson come to mind that won it all in the NCAA and were like the best players on their team, and are marginal role players/practice bodies in the NBA.

Also, I feel like Fultz is more dynamic that ET offensively. They can probably have similar impact on rebounding and assists, but from what I remember Turner was really good at that incredibly awkward and reliable crossover to create space for a dribble pull up, as well as the turn around jumper from the mid post. Fultz seems to have it all on offense, a reliable floater, crossover, excellent at finishing at the rim.   It seems that also he is great at the 3 different 3 point shots (pull up, spot up, and the transition 3)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 12:27:06 PM by Denis998 »

« Reply #81 on: January 26, 2017, 12:23:28 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Why is that a bad thing? A much better ET is what, a lesser LBJ? Turner can do some of everything, he isn't elite at it but a rich man's ET would be, right? Unless, "rich man's" implies slightly better? Because going from my broke pockets to rich is a hell of an upgrade!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #82 on: January 26, 2017, 12:26:39 PM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.

I wouldn't go that far. IT is already establishing himself and carving his own destiny...a few successful playoff campagns and he will be regarded as the best 5'9 to ever play the game.

Turner is actually a very good comparison..ET was an excellent player coming out and expectatuons were really good for him to succeed.
I also see Fultz as ET like...silky smooth moves and abit herky jerky but with more consistency...the three ball also helps him quite a lot..

ET never got to the line or do anything off ball besides cut to the basket. I see Fultz and he does a lot of what IT does for Washington, he's no sixth man for them... he's their only scoring option, the 2nd leading scorer is constantly going 4 for 15 and so Fultz has the burden of keeping his team in games, ET did not play that role for us.

« Reply #83 on: January 26, 2017, 12:28:51 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Question: Does winning games in the NCAA actually matter? The way I see it, its all about individual characteristics and performance that should matter most when evaluating a player. Apart from those loaded teams like Kentucky and Duke, when has winning in the NCAA translated to being a productive NBA player? Guys like Napier and Brice Johnson come to mind that won it all in the NCAA and were like the best players on their team, and are marginal role players/practice bodies in the NBA.

It matters...winning is better than losing..some players know how to win or are lucky...

Look at a guy like tobias harris... for the most part a bonafide loser throughout his nba career .... Yet his individual stats look shinny

Melo the same (knicks career)

« Reply #84 on: January 26, 2017, 12:30:45 PM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.

His team stinks. It maybe none of his fault but could he do more to help his team win?

Tell what other prospects have the same floor as him? Besides Dennis Smith Jr, the other guys have bigger red flags, and what really disqualifies Fultz is that he went to the same school that our current star attended? ???

You need to look at that team's stats, guys get shots they just don't make them and they fumble the ball a lot. Fultz in essence has to be incredible or else Washington's record will not be what it is right now.

« Reply #85 on: January 26, 2017, 12:31:14 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
A 'properly sized IT,? Ouch! IT gets no respect.

« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2017, 12:40:53 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Tell what other prospects have the same floor as him? Besides Dennis Smith Jr, the other guys have bigger red flags, and what really disqualifies Fultz is that he went to the same school that our current star attended? ???

You need to look at that team's stats, guys get shots they just don't make them and they fumble the ball a lot. Fultz in essence has to be incredible or else Washington's record will not be what it is right now.

Some of you folks care way too much about liking good jump shooters/smooth stroke

Ball even with his unorthox release is shooting at a good rate. And its a quick release.

What makes him an inferior player vs Fultz?? He is taller,  a better passer... I mean overall they are close

Jackson one negative is the consistentcy from his jump shot. Also yeah a bit unorthodox.  But he is the best versatile defender of the draft. A 6'8 guy that can handle the ball/pass like a guard, dont grow trees either. Very explosive. For those that value a draymond green more than a jabari parker will value what Jackson brings to the table

« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 12:53:38 PM by triboy16f »

« Reply #87 on: January 26, 2017, 12:48:51 PM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
A 'properly sized IT,? Ouch! IT gets no respect.

Man, I didn't mean anything by it. The comparison was to serve as a compliment to Fultz since IT is the man.

« Reply #88 on: January 26, 2017, 01:04:10 PM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.

Some of you folks care way too much about liking good jump shooters/smooth stroke

Ball even with his unorthox release is shooting at a good rate. And its a quick release.

What makes him an inferior player vs Fultz?? He is taller,  a better passer... I mean overall they are close

Jackson one negative is the consistentcy from his jump shot. Also yeah a bit unorthodox.  But he is the best versatile defender of the draft. A 6'8 guy that can handle the ball/pass like a guard, dont grow out of trees either. Very explosive. For those that value a draymond green more than a jabari parker will value what Jackson brings to the table

Ball - Guy loses his balance every time his shot is contested since he is trying so hard not to have it blocked, the stroke looks good off catch and shoot, but went 2-8 vs Kentucky who at least have NBA hopeful level talent. You gotta ask yourself how will his he fare against better athletes when his go-to scoring is essentially alley oops and deep threes(not deep MOVING threes like Curry btw)

Jackson - I like him, think he is NBA ready, I like the playmaking. But we've been drafting for defense for so long now and can't seem to stop anyone and then what? We wait and wait and wait and wait for the kid to go from subpar shooting to at least average in a system predicated around the three point shot. That just seems more like project to me.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 01:09:19 PM by CelticGuardian »

« Reply #89 on: January 26, 2017, 01:04:33 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486

Good sir, for that bolded part I am going to try and remember to give you a couple of TPs. One of my favorite lines on Cs blog ever.

I also agree with all of the sentiments you described about his fit here.
#JKJB