Author Topic: Markelle Fultz Thread (Merged)  (Read 78682 times)

Re: Fultz is destroying College basketball
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2017, 04:14:19 PM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
Man, I can just see us getting that #1 pick and no GMs will be willing to deal with us thinking Danny is too in love with his current assets and won't have the balls to take another guard even if he's BPA. I have a feeling they are going to challenge Danny to make the pick thinking he'll reach but that's when Danny is gonna let the league know that they got him f---ed up

« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2017, 04:18:35 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
The more I watch of Fultz, I've realized that he does have superstar, franchise level player potential. Only yesterday I was questioning his hype and didn't see his franchise potential.
After having a day off sick and watching his games and highlghts, I've changed my mind.

He has 'it' that the guys like Westbrook, Harden and Curry all have. Just puts the ball in the hoop in ways that 95% of other NBA players would never dream of.

He's going to come in and kill it pretty much from day 1.

Just a completely dominating scorer and playmaker. Size, enough athleticism to let his instincts and anticipatory senses get him over the 'superstar' line.

God It would be amazing to have this kid play next to Isaiah Thomas off the ball.

I haven't seen a guard dominate with the ball in his hands like this since Kyrie.
This guy is freakin amazing.
He isn't even trying on a lot of this stuff because it comes so easily to him.

To see a guy who is this crafty and long, who has the ball on a string whilst being able to get into the paint AND shoot from three is extremely rare.

I can't remember ever seeing a college player dominate in the pick and roll like this since Chris Paul- he is unstoppable in the pick and roll with his handles, length and range.

God what could he be doing in 5 years time in the NBA?

Exactly, he's like a Paul with Westbrook athletism. That's a hell of a potential there. Not to mention he already looks ready for nba. I can't remember seeing a prospect so much a sure thing than Fultz. Ball is great too, but there is a tiny chance he can be a bust. I don't see that in Fultz.
I hope we get #1. We miss on Duncan, Durant, hopefully we get Fultz.

c'mon

« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2017, 04:24:28 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I don't follow College bball.  I keep seeing Lonzo Ball on top of some mocks and in some ways he's statistically better.  Lonzo is shooting 54% and 44% from three while averaging 15 points, 8.2 assists, 6 rebounds and 2 steals.   I didn't understand why people loved Fultz so much more than Lonzo Ball until I watched some actual video of them.   Fultz looks, moves and shoots like a prototypical basketball player.  Ball's a goofy looking dude with an ugly looking game.  His shooting form is bizarre.   Is that why Fultz is so much more popular?

« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2017, 04:25:07 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Is Fultz really long?

It seemed like I watched a highlight video of him putting up 37 against a team the other day, and he seemed to have an enormous wingspan for the guard position, which helped him to get numerous blocks, steals, and deflections on opponents.

Is he pretty long for a guard? You know I love me some defensive potential in the guard position!

« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2017, 04:26:15 PM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
The more I watch of Fultz, I've realized that he does have superstar, franchise level player potential. Only yesterday I was questioning his hype and didn't see his franchise potential.
After having a day off sick and watching his games and highlghts, I've changed my mind.

He has 'it' that the guys like Westbrook, Harden and Curry all have. Just puts the ball in the hoop in ways that 95% of other NBA players would never dream of.

Just a completely dominating scorer and playmaker. Size, enough athleticism to let his instincts and anticipatory senses get him over the 'superstar' line.

God It would be amazing to have this kid play next to Isaiah Thomas off the ball.

I haven't seen a guard dominate with the ball in his hands like this since Kyrie.

To see a guy who is this crafty and long, who has the ball on a string whilst being able to get into the paint AND shoot from three is extremely rare.

I can't remember ever seeing a college player dominate in the pick and roll like this since Chris Paul- he is unstoppable in the pick and roll with his handles, length and range.

Exactly, he's like a Paul with Westbrook athletism. That's a hell of a potential there. Not to mention he already looks ready for nba. I can't remember seeing a prospect so much a sure thing than Fultz. Ball is great too, but there is a tiny chance he can be a bust. I don't see that in Fultz.

c'mon

c'mon, you know what I mean (in college)

« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2017, 04:26:45 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Is Fultz really long?

It seemed like I watched a highlight video of him putting up 37 against a team the other day, and he seemed to have an enormous wingspan for the guard position, which helped him to get numerous blocks, steals, and deflections on opponents.

Is he pretty long for a guard? You know I love me some defensive potential in the guard position!
6'10 wingspan.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2017, 04:27:25 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes

c'mon
to be fair, he didn't specify that it was russell he was talking about
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2017, 04:32:54 PM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
I don't follow College bball.  I keep seeing Lonzo Ball on top of some mocks and in some ways he's statistically better.  Lonzo is shooting 54% and 44% from three while averaging 15 points, 8.2 assists, 6 rebounds and 2 steals.   I didn't understand why people loved Fultz so much more than Lonzo Ball until I watched some actual video of them.   Fultz looks, moves and shoots like a prototypical basketball player.  Ball's a goofy looking dude with an ugly looking game.  His shooting form is bizarre.   Is that why Fultz is so much more popular?

Ball actually has more hype, as of now he's currently college's big man on campus because the tourney aspects and the excitement he brings to it being a top prospect on a top team. I'm always wary of such players, I feel safer taking guys like Fultz who are late bloomers.

The thing about Ball is the way he plays, eFG 65% because its all threes and shots near the rim(mostly alley oops, he had some bunnies just roll right out), he doesn't score any other way but the way the NBA is headed some GM might think that he'll be the 'new age' PG.

« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2017, 04:47:37 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
If Fultz is so great though, why doesn't his team do better overall? I have to be somewhat wary of a player on a mediocre team

« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2017, 04:51:26 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Is Fultz really long?

6'10 wingspan.

That's pretty long for a 6'3"/6'4" guy isn't it?

« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2017, 05:23:37 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Is Fultz really long?

6'10 wingspan.

That's pretty long for a 6'3"/6'4" guy isn't it?

Yes.  And those measurements were taken right around his 18th birthday -- it wouldn't be unheard of for him to have grown a little more by the time the draft rolls around.

« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2017, 05:24:24 PM »

Online green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320

For me, you hit the nail on the head. If I have a very high pick, I want the safest chance of securing a future all star. Markelle Fultz looks closer to what other all stars have looked like than Ball. That doesn't mean that Ball won't be a future MVP.

If you look back 10 yrs from now, I think there's a higher chance that Fultz is a better NBA player. Just my opinion....

« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2017, 06:11:44 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
If Fultz is so great though, why doesn't his team do better overall? I have to be somewhat wary of a player on a mediocre team

I agree but it did not stop Ben Simmons from going one.

« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2017, 06:37:40 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Washington has a really young roster of players that primarily weren't highly rated (compared to players at Kentucky, for example) coming out of high school.  10 of their 14 players are sophomores or freshmen.  Furthermore, they had two kids blow up enough last year (Chriss and Dejounte Murray) to leave after their first-year, further depleting their talent.  As far as the PAC 12 is concerned, they're in the lower half of talent, excluding Fultz, and very young to boot.

Now it's fair to ask why Fultz went there, but when he committed, Murray and Chriss were going to be there too, which could have been a really nice team.  Once those two went one-and-done, the team was obviously worse off.   But if the coaching staff could turn someone like Chriss, who was outside the top 50 coming out of high school into a top 10 pick within a year, that might not look bad to a prospective recruit.

« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2017, 06:38:51 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

Like Simmons, Fultz is hampered by mediocre talented teammates and lousy coaching.  In the Gonzaga/Washington game early in the season, the coach just let them get slaughtered at the beginning of the game.  Didn't call a timeout until after Gonzaga had a 20 point lead.  Didn't adjust their defense even though Gonzaga was able to get to the rim at will.