Author Topic: Markelle Fultz Thread (Merged)  (Read 78645 times)

Markelle Fultz Thread (Merged)
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2017, 03:40:19 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

I have an abnormal love for LB but I have to acknowledge Fultz is probably a better prospect than Ben Simmons was last year.

Like Simmons they are playing on a Team that doesn't matter in the college basketball landscape.

Why do these top prospects do that? I hate it. Do they just want to secure the #1 pick and put up gaudy numbers?

If so it's working. Let's compare Simmons to Fultz. And in a league where three point shooting matters. I'm taking Markelle.

Simmons

19.2 ppg 11.8 RPG 4.8 APG 3.4 tov 2 spg . 8 BPG

.560fg% .670ft% only attempted three three's that year and hit 1. Was extremely passive at times.

Fultz

23.1 ppg 6 APG 6 RPG 1.7 spg 1.4 bpg 3 tov

.490% fg .403 3p% 4.3 3pa .678 ft%

Re: Fultz is destroying College basketball
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2017, 04:17:41 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

37 points last game vs Colorado. This kid with Thomas in the backcourt. Are you serious. Smart is literally the perfect combo guard to come off the bench for either player.

That's why Bradley is gone.

Thomas
 Fultz
 Smart
 Brown
 Horford

That team wood be so fun to watch.

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2017, 04:18:05 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2017, 06:39:45 AM »

Offline MikeJelly

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24

37 points last game vs Colorado. This kid with Thomas in the backcourt. Are you serious. Smart is literally the perfect combo guard to come off the bench for either player.

Thomas
 Fultz
 Smart
 Brown
 Horford

Love this idea. and I think the idea of trying to trade the 2018 Nets pick for Myles Turner is genius to go along with it.

I know it was only slightly floated around here but CMON DANNY READ THIS

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2017, 07:03:30 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Thomas
 Fultz
 Smart
 Brown
 Horford

I know his stats are nice all around.. but has he had great stats vs great teams?   Or is he scoring 20 vs good teams but 37 against crappy ones.

Another concern is his team is pure mediocre. But if he does everything possible to win , this doesnt matter as much.. still nice if he is 'experiencing' winning and making it to the tourney. Experience more intense ball

On the other hand jackson is having the best of both worlds. He is not scoring 30 plus a game but doing a little bit of everything to help his team win games after games. Kansas is a favorite to go far in the tourney

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2017, 09:17:31 AM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.

Thomas
 Fultz
 Smart
 Brown
 Horford

I know his stats are nice all around.. but has he had great stats vs great teams?   Or is he scoring 20 vs good teams but 37 against crappy ones.

Another concern is his team is pure mediocre. But if he does everything possible to win , this doesnt matter as much.. still nice if he is 'experiencing' winning and making it to the tourney. Experience more intense ball

On the other hand jackson is having the best of both worlds. He is not scoring 30 plus a game but doing a little bit of everything to help his team win games after games. Kansas is a favorite to go far in the tourney

I mean, we aren't drafting his entire team, just him. I don't think this should matter much since there are no Marcus Smarts in college that will allow us to say, "ok Markelle, you score on this guy.. you're legit"

What I do see is him needing to be doubled, sometimes even triple teamed, there's really nothing college level players can do against a player that good this year. I'm predicting he's going to give Lonzo Ball that work on Feb 4th and by the their second game in March we should know who really has the highest floor.

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2017, 10:02:47 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486

Thomas
 Fultz
 Smart
 Brown
 Horford

I mean, we aren't drafting his entire team, just him. I don't think this should matter much since there are no Marcus Smarts in college that will allow us to say, "ok Markelle, you score on this guy.. you're legit"

What I do see is him needing to be doubled, sometimes even triple teamed, there's really nothing college level players can do against a player that good this year. I'm predicting he's going to give Lonzo Ball that work on Feb 4th and by the their second game in March we should know who really has the highest floor.

Ive marked that game on my calender. I could see an outcome where UCLA wins, but Fultz looks like far and a way the best prospect.
#JKJB

« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2017, 12:58:06 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGtoS9ieWxM

Crazy. Fultz goes 10-18, rest of Washington  - 15-49

Here's why he chose the Huskies:

http://www.heraldnet.com/sports/why-come-to-washington-for-fultz-its-all-about-the-love/

Fultz
Butler
Brown
Horford
Cousins

Rozier
Avery
Crowder
KO
Zizic
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 01:04:46 AM by trickybilly »
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2017, 01:20:33 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGtoS9ieWxM

Crazy. Fultz goes 10-18, rest of Washington  - 15-49

Here's why he chose the Huskies:

http://www.heraldnet.com/sports/why-come-to-washington-for-fultz-its-all-about-the-love/

Fultz
Butler
Brown
Horford
Cousins

Rozier
Avery
Crowder
KO
Zizic

haha sorry but how do we get Fultz, Butler AND Cousins...without giving up Brown, Crowder or Bradley.

« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2017, 03:09:02 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
By trading them Zeller!

« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2017, 04:40:14 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
You mean destroying a weak conference? Didn't we saw Buddy Hield drop 40 against Simmons too?

I wouldn't put much stock on it, until Danny say so.

« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2017, 04:48:04 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
A positive point for us : he's wearing #20

« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2017, 07:38:45 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
The more I watch of Fultz, I've realized that he does have superstar, franchise level player potential. Only yesterday I was questioning his hype and didn't see his franchise potential.
After having a day off sick and watching his games and highlghts, I've changed my mind.

He has 'it' that the guys like Westbrook, Harden and Curry all have. Just puts the ball in the hoop in ways that 95% of other NBA players would never dream of.

He's going to come in and kill it pretty much from day 1.

Just a completely dominating scorer and playmaker. Size, enough athleticism to let his instincts and anticipatory senses get him over the 'superstar' line.

God It would be amazing to have this kid play next to Isaiah Thomas off the ball.

I haven't seen a guard dominate with the ball in his hands like this since Kyrie.
This guy is freakin amazing.
He isn't even trying on a lot of this stuff because it comes so easily to him.

To see a guy who is this crafty and long, who has the ball on a string whilst being able to get into the paint AND shoot from three is extremely rare.

I can't remember ever seeing a college player dominate in the pick and roll like this since Chris Paul- he is unstoppable in the pick and roll with his handles, length and range.

God what could he be doing in 5 years time in the NBA?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 07:45:27 AM by chambers »
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2017, 07:56:13 AM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
I cant help but see a 6'4 version of Chris Paul

« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2017, 08:39:49 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
The more I watch of Fultz, I've realized that he does have superstar, franchise level player potential. Only yesterday I was questioning his hype and didn't see his franchise potential.
After having a day off sick and watching his games and highlghts, I've changed my mind.

He has 'it' that the guys like Westbrook, Harden and Curry all have. Just puts the ball in the hoop in ways that 95% of other NBA players would never dream of.

He's going to come in and kill it pretty much from day 1.

Just a completely dominating scorer and playmaker. Size, enough athleticism to let his instincts and anticipatory senses get him over the 'superstar' line.

God It would be amazing to have this kid play next to Isaiah Thomas off the ball.

I haven't seen a guard dominate with the ball in his hands like this since Kyrie.
This guy is freakin amazing.
He isn't even trying on a lot of this stuff because it comes so easily to him.

To see a guy who is this crafty and long, who has the ball on a string whilst being able to get into the paint AND shoot from three is extremely rare.

I can't remember ever seeing a college player dominate in the pick and roll like this since Chris Paul- he is unstoppable in the pick and roll with his handles, length and range.

God what could he be doing in 5 years time in the NBA?

Exactly, he's like a Paul with Westbrook athletism. That's a hell of a potential there. Not to mention he already looks ready for nba. I can't remember seeing a prospect so much a sure thing than Fultz. Ball is great too, but there is a tiny chance he can be a bust. I don't see that in Fultz.
I hope we get #1. We miss on Duncan, Durant, hopefully we get Fultz.