Author Topic: Markelle Fultz Thread (Merged)  (Read 78641 times)

Markelle Fultz Thread (Merged)
« on: November 18, 2016, 11:35:26 PM »

Offline Royrebirth

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 9
This kid is insanely talented, and he has been so dominant to begin. Early sample size but 33 PPG / 6 APG / 5 RPG. You really can't play better than that.

I think he's the number one pick in the draft today, without a question. I would gladly take him, if we had the chance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Hjkkrwoias

Re: Markelle Fultz
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 11:52:31 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
I'll be glad if he will be picked up by either Sixers or Pelicans because the last thing we need is another guard. Sixers already took the BPA approach and have no success on doing it. I'd rather get another wing or big this time.

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 08:37:08 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
I'll be glad if he will be picked up by either Sixers or Pelicans because the last thing we need is another guard. Sixers already took the BPA approach and have no success on doing it. I'd rather get another wing or big this time.
We don't have enough talent to pass up on the BPA regardless of position.  If Fultz is clearly ahead of everyone else, you don't bypass him to choose a lesser player.  In two years, IT, Bradley and Smart will all be free agents and I don't think Ainge will re-sign them all. 

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2016, 08:56:07 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
He's very interesting. I'm trying to think of NBA comparisons.
There's something like a mix between James Harden and Westbrook, without the extreme athleticism of Westbrook, but more control and finesse like Harden.

I wonder if he could pull off many of those finishes around the basket in the NBA vs 7 ft defenders on a nightly basis. Something tells me he's one of those guys that just finds away to put the ball in the basket no matter how ugly it looks.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2016, 10:16:22 AM »

Offline jpurthe1

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 17
I want Fultz on the Celtics, so the #20 jersey stays away from the rafters.  ;D

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2016, 10:16:42 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I want us to get Bam Abedayo, a legit big not another guard, we have those galore.

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2016, 10:29:00 AM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
I want us to get Bam Abedayo, a legit big not another guard, we have those galore.
you draft for talent, trade for need. Why pick lesser players for a need when the needs change in a few years? You wind up with a roster of lesser talents.

Draft the best player and then trade for need. That is the best way to go.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2016, 10:41:23 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
He would save the team from having to back up the Brinks truck.

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2016, 10:50:07 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
you draft for talent, trade for need. Why pick lesser players for a need when the needs change in a few years? You wind up with a roster of lesser talents.

Draft the best player and then trade for need. That is the best way to go.

How how this worked out for us, it has not.  This is a broad based assumption but it does not apply here.   If you are honest what do we need right now?   One athletic big who can rebound.     Would adding a talented guard or win fix our rebounding woes, nope.   We are a piece or two away, not trying to build an asset pile.  That might be true if it was reversed.   Ainge does not always take the most talented anyway, he has a penchant for taking guys who are flawed whom he hopes pans out.   He rarely takes a guy with potential though Brown and Rozier are guys you can argue that but his record for bigs is poor.

No one wants to trade with Danny because he has a record of winning trades.   This is not NBA Live where trades happen easily.

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2016, 11:58:29 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
To all who are opposed to taking another guard: not taking BPA with the #1 overall pick would set this franchise back multiple decades.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2016, 12:08:52 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907

This. We have one year left (after this one) of AB and IT. Then, we're going to have to make some tough decisions. If Fultz is the best, you take him and mark him as the future.

Mike

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2016, 11:19:05 AM »

Offline Royrebirth

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 9
17 points (6-9, 2-4 from 3) / 8 assists / 7 rebounds / 3 steals / 2 blocks last night. Highly efficient and dominant as before.

Barring an incredible season from Harry Giles, he is going #1.

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2016, 11:38:44 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420

This. We have one year left (after this one) of AB and IT. Then, we're going to have to make some tough decisions. If Fultz is the best, you take him and mark him as the future.

Mike

From what I have seen of Fultz and to a less extent Ball (neither I have watched a ton yet) both look like big time prospects. This draft is really going to put the Cs present and future on the table. If DA thinks he can really honestly build a championship team with IT as a starting PG then the pick needs to be moved for a player to add to the current roster. However if the opposite is true and DA may find himself drafting a stud PG prospect on draft night and having to move IT. My concern is how Horford would fit/feel in that situation.

The Cs maybe able to make that level of move without effecting the team in the win/loss column. Looking at the elite PGs drafted in recent years and the best Wall, Irving, Curry have been very productive as rookies if Fultz and or Ball could be the same the Cs come out as a comparable short term team and drastically better long term team.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2016, 11:41:08 AM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
I want this guy so bad. Would love to have the luxury of trading IT

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2016, 12:34:57 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
I want this guy so bad. Would love to have the luxury of trading IT

There will be some funky locker room conversations going on next year if we do luck in and grab him...
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.