Author Topic: Markelle Fultz Thread (Merged)  (Read 78973 times)

Re: Markelle Fultz is a rich man's Evan Turner
« Reply #90 on: January 26, 2017, 01:40:18 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
https://www.instagram.com/p/BPs8kcGDQJ_/

Jonathan Givony of Draftexpress just posted this video of all the ways Markelle Fultz can score in the halfcourt. Of course it's impossible to say for certain that he'd be able to replicate this at the NBA level, it does show that Fultz has arsenal of shots to work with that wouldn't be easy to predict and the athleticism to attack the holes in the defense.,

For those concerned about adding a rookie guard to this team next year, in the short term couldn't you easily picture Fultz sliding seamlessly into the vacant Evan Turner 6th man shot creator off the bench role? It was shot creation that carried the offense for stretches and unlike ET, Fultz would play it with above the rim hops and deep three point range.

All in on this kid, Fultz or bust. Here's hoping the Old Gods are with the King in the 4th and bring us the Young Wolf on draft day. 8)

No brainer he goes #1, he looks like the only NBA player in college so far.

I feel like a rich man's Evan Turner is selling him short. He's more like a properly sized Isaiah Thomas.

I disagree its a no brainer

His team stinks. It maybe none of his fault but could he do more to help his team win?

Ball and Jackson are in the same league imo

Tell what other prospects have the same floor as him? Besides Dennis Smith Jr, the other guys have bigger red flags, and what really disqualifies Fultz is that he went to the same school that our current star attended? ???

You need to look at that team's stats, guys get shots they just don't make them and they fumble the ball a lot. Fultz in essence has to be incredible or else Washington's record will not be what it is right now.

Some of you folks care way too much about liking good jump shooters/smooth stroke

Ball even with his unorthox release is shooting at a good rate. And its a quick release.

What makes him an inferior player vs Fultz?? He is taller,  a better passer... I mean overall they are close

Jackson one negative is the consistentcy from his jump shot. Also yeah a bit unorthodox.  But he is the best versatile defender of the draft. A 6'8 guy that can handle the ball/pass like a guard, dont grow trees either. Very explosive. For those that value a draymond green more than a jabari parker will value what Jackson brings to the table
Ball is great at shooting wide open 3s, Fultz is good on catch and shoot and dribble pull up. So Fultz is way more dynamic. 

« Reply #91 on: January 26, 2017, 01:48:54 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Jonathan Givony of Draftexpress just posted this video of all the ways Markelle Fultz can score in the halfcourt. Of course it's impossible to say for certain that he'd be able to replicate this at the NBA level, it does show that Fultz has arsenal of shots to work with that wouldn't be easy to predict and the athleticism to attack the holes in the defense.,

For those concerned about adding a rookie guard to this team next year, in the short term couldn't you easily picture Fultz sliding seamlessly into the vacant Evan Turner 6th man shot creator off the bench role? It was shot creation that carried the offense for stretches and unlike ET, Fultz would play it with above the rim hops and deep three point range.

All in on this kid, Fultz or bust. Here's hoping the Old Gods are with the King in the 4th and bring us the Young Wolf on draft day. 8)

I feel like a rich man's Evan Turner is selling him short. He's more like a properly sized Isaiah Thomas.

His team stinks. It maybe none of his fault but could he do more to help his team win?

Tell what other prospects have the same floor as him? Besides Dennis Smith Jr, the other guys have bigger red flags, and what really disqualifies Fultz is that he went to the same school that our current star attended? ???

You need to look at that team's stats, guys get shots they just don't make them and they fumble the ball a lot. Fultz in essence has to be incredible or else Washington's record will not be what it is right now.

Some of you folks care way too much about liking good jump shooters/smooth stroke

Ball even with his unorthox release is shooting at a good rate. And its a quick release.

What makes him an inferior player vs Fultz?? He is taller,  a better passer... I mean overall they are close

Jackson one negative is the consistentcy from his jump shot. Also yeah a bit unorthodox.  But he is the best versatile defender of the draft. A 6'8 guy that can handle the ball/pass like a guard, dont grow out of trees either. Very explosive. For those that value a draymond green more than a jabari parker will value what Jackson brings to the table

Ball - Guy loses his balance every time his shot is contested since he is trying so hard not to have it blocked, the stroke looks good off catch and shoot, but went 2-8 vs Kentucky who at least have NBA hopeful level talent. You gotta ask yourself how will his he fare against better athletes when his go-to scoring is essentially alley oops and deep threes(not deep MOVING threes like Curry btw)

Jackson - I like him, think he is NBA ready, I like the playmaking. But we've been drafting for defense for so long now and can't seem to stop anyone and then what? We wait and wait and wait and wait for the kid to go from subpar shooting to at least average in a system predicated around the three point shot. That just seems more like project to me.

Yes and its still a problem for the team. Cbs is not unhappy with the offense. Its the defense he is unhappy with

On a "need" basis , we need a top versatile defender more than another scorer

« Reply #92 on: January 26, 2017, 02:07:40 PM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.

Jackson one negative is the consistentcy from his jump shot. Also yeah a bit unorthodox.  But he is the best versatile defender of the draft. A 6'8 guy that can handle the ball/pass like a guard, dont grow out of trees either. Very explosive. For those that value a draymond green more than a jabari parker will value what Jackson brings to the table

Ball - Guy loses his balance every time his shot is contested since he is trying so hard not to have it blocked, the stroke looks good off catch and shoot, but went 2-8 vs Kentucky who at least have NBA hopeful level talent. You gotta ask yourself how will his he fare against better athletes when his go-to scoring is essentially alley oops and deep threes(not deep MOVING threes like Curry btw)

Jackson - I like him, think he is NBA ready, I like the playmaking. But we've been drafting for defense for so long now and can't seem to stop anyone and then what? We wait and wait and wait and wait for the kid to go from subpar shooting to at least average in a system predicated around the three point shot. That just seems more like project to me.

Yes and its still a problem for the team. Cbs is not unhappy with the offense. Its the defense he is unhappy with

On a "need" basis , we need a top versatile defender more than another scorer

Well Ainge is not happy with the Offense. He wants someone not named IT to be able step up and I'm afraid he makes the roster decisions. More defense won't make much difference unless Jackson can play center in the NBA. The most NBA ready player is Fultz, idk how this can even come to a debate.

« Reply #93 on: January 26, 2017, 02:09:03 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
If Evan Turner could hit pull-up threes he'd be a perennial All-Star, so that's not so bad.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #94 on: January 26, 2017, 02:30:14 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
Marquelle Fultz is a new Paul Pierce, not Evan Turner.

Fultz has that same high, over the head step back jumper that he can get off any time he wants. He's got 3 point range and a killer midrange shot. He has the same jab step move to create space that we saw Pierce use a thousand times. He has that same three quarter speed, herky jerky, you can't stop me offensive style. His footwork is perfect. He has a strong build and really long arms, like Pierce, and can get to the rim and finish consistently. He's an even better passer.

Ball shoots from his waist. He's very clever and quick, but that isn't a shot you get off against LeBron in the last 10 seconds.

Fultz is the real deal.

« Reply #95 on: January 26, 2017, 02:56:18 PM »

Online 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Evan Turner is a rich man's Evan Turner.

SMH @ Portland.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #96 on: January 26, 2017, 03:17:38 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Evan Turner is a poor man's Rudy Gay.  He is trash don't compare good players to him.  All that he proved is that Brad Stevens is a genius and our bench didn't have anyone who can dribble.

« Reply #97 on: January 26, 2017, 04:42:43 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Maybe freshman-year Fultz will be something like Turner, but I'll be really disappointed if that's all he turns into. He should be able to score much more efficiently than Turner can.

« Reply #98 on: January 26, 2017, 04:46:46 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
if rookie Fultz can be Evan Turner + 38% 3 point shooting then Fultz will be a superstar in this league.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #99 on: January 26, 2017, 04:51:47 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386

Fultz has that same high, over the head step back jumper that he can get off any time he wants. He's got 3 point range and a killer midrange shot. He has the same jab step move to create space that we saw Pierce use a thousand times. He has that same three quarter speed, herky jerky, you can't stop me offensive style. His footwork is perfect. He has a strong build and really long arms, like Pierce, and can get to the rim and finish consistently. He's an even better passer.

Ball shoots from his waist. He's very clever and quick, but that isn't a shot you get off against LeBron in the last 10 seconds.

Fultz is the real deal.

This is a perfect description.  TP. 

« Reply #100 on: January 26, 2017, 05:02:48 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
If the Celts dont draft Fultz i can see a riot starting

« Reply #101 on: January 26, 2017, 05:33:29 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Fultz is the real deal.

This is a perfect description.  TP.

Fultz is way more athletic than pierce ever was.

I hear what your saying, but Pierce was sneaky athletic. Fultz is just straight up athletic.

Fultz is also three inches shorter and not as strong.

Fultz is a PG. I've seen Fultz dunk from the free throw line, it was ridiculousl, the longest hangtime I've ever seen from the FT line. Probably because he's the shortest guy I've seen do it.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 05:38:42 PM by KG Living Legend »

« Reply #102 on: January 26, 2017, 06:09:26 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

This thread title is ridiculous.

If buy Rich mam you mean He's a Bill Gates Even Turner than yes.

Fultz is in a different class than Turner.

« Reply #103 on: January 26, 2017, 06:27:26 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

This thread title is ridiculous.

If buy Rich mam you mean He's a Bill Gates Even Turner than yes.

Fultz is in a different class than Turner.
read the OP. He means hes a rich man's Turner today and could fill in out 6th man offense off the bench role as a rookie. OP doesnt mean(I dont think ) that Fultz will follow that career trajectory.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #104 on: January 26, 2017, 06:31:22 PM »

Offline diconzo

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 85

Fultz is the real deal.

If this is even remotely close, sign me up. Would love to see another generational offensive talent on the C's.

Side note: How cool would it be to see Fultz take #20 and have it end up in the rafters for him instead of Ray?