Author Topic: Markelle Fultz Thread (Merged)  (Read 78965 times)

Re: Markelle Fultz Thread (Merged)
« Reply #330 on: May 27, 2017, 02:51:44 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I don't think that what he is saying

« Reply #331 on: May 27, 2017, 05:46:36 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
Fultz was 56% from 3 from the top of the circle, that's an insane number.... On the left side he was 41% but on the right 29%. He needs to be on the top or left when he shoots that 3. Also most of the 3s I watch him take were contested, some by more than one defender.

« Reply #332 on: May 27, 2017, 06:36:42 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/duncdon/2017/05/24/boscle-game-4-news-markelle-fultz-scouting-report

Heard this from Nate Duncan and Danny Leroux (who writes for SI occasionally). They talk about game 4 Bos/Clev and about Markelle Fultz.

Their scouting report starts at 26:43.

10 takeaways from their analysis:

1 - He's worth the #1 pick
2 - Totally impressed and wowed by offensive skill level
3 - Absolutely tantalizing & legitimately special
4 - Elite dribble moves and separation
5 - Not on KAT level
6 - Would be #1 in most drafts
7 - Rewound film about 15 times to rewatch special highlights
8 - Unique style: bouncy and smooth
9 - Awesome spin moves and jaw dropping moves from the PnR and transition
10 - Will be fantastic in the Celtics system

Definitely worth a listen...Nate and Danny are good.
...smh KAT isn't on Fultz's level tbh. KAT was a tantalizing prospect that was tier 1 but wasn't expected to come in and dominate. Fultz is expected to be the number one PG in his age group from day 1
Are you saying Fultz is expected to dominate from the get go because as much as I have read he is the best player in this draft, I haven't seen anything that says Fultz will dominate straight from the start.

I think the point he is making is about the relative perception of each as a prospect coming into the draft. As good as towns is now he wasn't regarded as some can't miss stud in the draft, but much like Fultz is right now he was regarded as a excellent number one pick well worthy of the selection. You can argue one way or another which was/is the better prospect going into the draft, but I think they are at least on a similar level.

« Reply #333 on: May 30, 2017, 02:35:00 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19497896/markelle-fultz-talked-danny-ainge-hopes-top-pick-boston-celtics

"I've talked to Danny a few times, and they want to get me to come out there for a visit," Fultz told ESPN. "They just want to get a chance to know me better as a person."

Fultz has talked to Ainge a few times

"We can both play on or off the ball," Fultz said. "We can both score and also pass. I think we'd be great together. When we've talked since the lottery, we haven't really talked about basketball much. He's been through a lot lately."

Fultz is aware that he is somewhat of an unknown heading into the draft because he played for a Washington team that won just nine games this past season.

"I'm a versatile point guard who is unselfish and can score at all three levels," he said. "I can rebound, block shots, push the ball, basically anything you need from a guard. Off the court, I'm humble.

« Reply #334 on: May 30, 2017, 02:46:26 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19497896/markelle-fultz-talked-danny-ainge-hopes-top-pick-boston-celtics

"I've talked to Danny a few times, and they want to get me to come out there for a visit," Fultz told ESPN. "They just want to get a chance to know me better as a person."

Fultz has talked to Ainge a few times

"We can both play on or off the ball," Fultz said. "We can both score and also pass. I think we'd be great together. When we've talked since the lottery, we haven't really talked about basketball much. He's been through a lot lately."

Fultz is aware that he is somewhat of an unknown heading into the draft because he played for a Washington team that won just nine games this past season.

"I'm a versatile point guard who is unselfish and can score at all three levels," he said. "I can rebound, block shots, push the ball, basically anything you need from a guard. Off the court, I'm humble.

The rebounding is a really good point from Fultz, it's pretty clear that barring any massive change to our frontcourt it's still going to be on our guards to pick up the slack in the rebounding department.

I'm more interested in disciplined perimeter defense than shot blocking but the hope would be that Jaylen, Smart, and Crowder can beat that sense into him during the summer and training camp.

« Reply #335 on: May 31, 2017, 05:32:20 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Nice article on Raphael Chillious, ex Washington assistant and current UConn Associate Head Coach, on his belief that IT and Fultz would be an excellent backcourt.

Note: this is the guy who discovered Fultz when he played JV as a sophomore.

"Chillious can close his eyes and see that 5-foot-9 kid, the one who was doing everything in a junior varsity game in a near-empty gym, playing in Boston alongside Isaiah Thomas.

"He's a perfect fit with Isaiah," Chillious said. "Isaiah is best when he doesn't have to make every play for himself and everyone. Markelle is perfect to play with him because when he doesn't have the ball in his hands, watch out. That's when he can really score the ball. Both of them become way more dangerous when they've got the other guy on the court. And early on as a rookie with a lot of expectations on him, it would take a lot of pressure off him to play with Isaiah.

"Markelle's game, in a nutshell, is just lay a Swiss Army knife out, take out every instrument that's in it, and that's him. When he's got it going, he's blocking shots, rebounding, making unbelievable passes, getting assists, getting steals. He's been taught how to play basketball the right way."

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-mens-basketball/hc-uconn-men-inside-chillous-fultz-0530-20170527-story.html

« Reply #336 on: May 31, 2017, 06:43:47 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
His rebounding is truly impressive

« Reply #337 on: June 01, 2017, 08:24:00 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203

« Reply #338 on: June 01, 2017, 08:49:02 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
John Wall is already studying Fultz as an potiental opponent. , thinks he IS the best player in the draft.    Wall  says ...KId can do it all.

« Reply #339 on: June 03, 2017, 05:31:06 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
Just read this from keith smith...

"Asked NBA folks about where Luka Doncic & Michael Porter Jr. would be in this draft. Consensus was just behind Markelle Fultz at 2 & 3."

So, Fultz has been rated by some experts as the top pick had he been available last year, this year, and next year. Add in jaylen and the 2018 pick and I have to say thank you Danny.

I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #340 on: June 03, 2017, 05:38:14 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Just read this from keith smith...

"Asked NBA folks about where Luka Doncic & Michael Porter Jr. would be in this draft. Consensus was just behind Markelle Fultz at 2 & 3."

So, Fultz has been rated by some experts as the top pick had he been available last year, this year, and next year. Add in jaylen and the 2018 pick and I have to say thank you Danny.
c
Pretty crazy as porter Jr is considered generational talent and doncic is supposed to be the greatest euro prospect of the decade

« Reply #341 on: June 03, 2017, 05:42:49 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
I know. And the celtics may get one of those two in addition to Fultz.fun stuff.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #342 on: June 03, 2017, 05:43:21 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Nice article on Raphael Chillious, ex Washington assistant and current UConn Associate Head Coach, on his belief that IT and Fultz would be an excellent backcourt.

Note: this is the guy who discovered Fultz when he played JV as a sophomore.

"Chillious can close his eyes and see that 5-foot-9 kid, the one who was doing everything in a junior varsity game in a near-empty gym, playing in Boston alongside Isaiah Thomas.

"He's a perfect fit with Isaiah," Chillious said. "Isaiah is best when he doesn't have to make every play for himself and everyone. Markelle is perfect to play with him because when he doesn't have the ball in his hands, watch out. That's when he can really score the ball. Both of them become way more dangerous when they've got the other guy on the court. And early on as a rookie with a lot of expectations on him, it would take a lot of pressure off him to play with Isaiah.

"Markelle's game, in a nutshell, is just lay a Swiss Army knife out, take out every instrument that's in it, and that's him. When he's got it going, he's blocking shots, rebounding, making unbelievable passes, getting assists, getting steals. He's been taught how to play basketball the right way."

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-mens-basketball/hc-uconn-men-inside-chillous-fultz-0530-20170527-story.html

It sounds like playing with IT would really help Fultz early on, and later as IT ages , Fultz could take over more of the load and it would really help extend IT's highly effective years.

« Reply #343 on: June 03, 2017, 06:00:06 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Yup. Fultz is the franchise player we waited for years to draft. The type of player you build around

« Reply #344 on: June 03, 2017, 06:15:56 PM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
This is very cool, Fultz is retweeting stuff about him playing for the celtics.   8)

http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/top-nba-draft-prospect-markelle-fultz-retweets-shirt-of-boston-celtics-jersey

The shirt is cool too.   ;)