Author Topic: Markelle Fultz Thread (Merged)  (Read 78642 times)

Re: Markelle Fultz Thread (Merged)
« Reply #285 on: May 18, 2017, 04:56:27 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
I can't believe the kid is still only 18!!  Unreal.  (about to turn 19,but still!!)
He'll be 19 about the same time the C's get eliminated by the Cavs. Still, he's the youngest top prospect in the draft by at least a few months. He's not yet done growing, as you've seen lately, he's gotten bigger since his season ended. He'll be a solid 6'5. People say he's not that athletic. He's not MJ but he is so very smooth if you've watched enough of him. He lulls you to sleep and then you're toast. Also, as been mentioned several times, he was on the worst team in the PAC12. I've seen HS teams better than them. Can't blame him for not winning more games. He did his part, at 18 years old. PER of over 28 in 35 minutes of play.
People keep bringing this defense up. It's nonsense. He didn't end up there against his will.

I don't know much about college basketball, but even I can tell he had offers from multiple top programs and chose to go to the Huskies.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/203881/markelle-fultz

Then you should probably quit talking about it.

That said, to repeat myself from a couple of months ago:

1) Lorenzo Romar is a pretty good recruiter, and generally a very well-liked person.  As a UW alum friend of mine told me recently (while advocating that Romar is a terrible coach) "If I had a son and wanted him to become a man, Lorenzo Romar is who I'd want teaching him."

2) Despite being a poor in-game coach, he's helped several players develop skills game for the NBA.  Most notably, our own Isaiah Thomas, but he's got a lot of kids in the pros that were not 5-star recruits -- he's pretty overrepresented in the NBA given the caliber of players he had.

3) When Fultz committed, Dejounte Murray and Marqueese Chriss had yet to start their freshman years.  Neither were expected to be one-and-dones, so when Fultz committed he presumed he'd have some talented teammates around him.  Sure, he could have decommited when they turned pro, but I'm not going to fault a kid for a) honoring his commitment, or b) continuing to remain interested in a program that just put two freshmen into the 1st round of the NBA draft.

4) If NBA scouts aren't concerned about his school's record, why are you?  He's not the first kid to have come out of a school that's had a terrible season, and he won't be the last.  As you said, you don't know much about college basketball.

wow. Kind of got owned there.

Not kind od.. Totally!

As an additional point, if you read the article there's another factor why he chose the Huskies.

« Reply #286 on: May 18, 2017, 11:12:30 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
I know it's not a strength now but he's got serious defensive potential.

Averaged 1 steal and 1 block per game!!

« Reply #287 on: May 19, 2017, 11:53:45 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
In an Sports Illustrated feature, top NBA draft prospect Markelle Fultz lets us in on what makes him tick, from his budding rivalry with Lonzo Ball to the varsity snub that drives his greatness to how he still wrestles with his mom.

https://youtu.be/xGqcwRnHezs
Just watched this. It's excellent. I love this kid's attitude and demeanor. He seems like a Stevens guy.

I shouldn't do this, but I'm falling in love with Markelle Fultz.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #288 on: May 19, 2017, 11:17:49 PM »

Offline jakeopp

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12
Please don't goof this up Danny  :o

Just draft Fultz and be grateful the ping pong balls dropped in our favor.

« Reply #289 on: May 19, 2017, 11:23:37 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Ball is better and so is jackson.  Fultz will be a bust.  Quote me!

« Reply #290 on: May 19, 2017, 11:26:05 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Gonna keep watching fultz videos tonight

« Reply #291 on: May 19, 2017, 11:26:56 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Ball is a bust.

« Reply #292 on: May 19, 2017, 11:28:01 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

He didn't make Varsity his sophomore  year, and now most say the #1 pick. Thats pretty impressive. Ball and Jackson could be busts, none of us really know.

« Reply #293 on: May 19, 2017, 11:29:30 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Gonna keep watching fultz videos tonight

That's what I'm doing. The kid is going to be really good. He's shooting is amazing.

« Reply #294 on: May 20, 2017, 01:09:24 AM »

Offline jakeopp

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12
Nice try Lavar

« Reply #295 on: May 20, 2017, 01:47:30 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
**** at this draft.

Fultz is so far ahead of this class and last years class Danny will be stupid not to draft him. He is a Celtic. He is so much better than Ball its not even close. The kid plays basketball effortlessly.

« Reply #296 on: May 20, 2017, 02:12:29 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

He didn't make Varsity his sophomore  year, and now most say the #1 pick. Thats pretty impressive. Ball and Jackson could be busts, none of us really know.

This may be the key to being an all time great. Not making varsity. Ask Jordan.

« Reply #297 on: May 20, 2017, 02:32:35 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
**** at this draft.

Fultz is so far ahead of this class and last years class Danny will be stupid not to draft him. He is a Celtic. He is so much better than Ball its not even close. The kid plays basketball effortlessly.

I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Because if you mean effortless like the team did today, then I don't want that kind of talent.

« Reply #298 on: May 21, 2017, 02:31:50 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
**** at this draft.

I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Because if you mean effortless like the team did today, then I don't want that kind of talent.

Effortless doesnt mean not exerting effort. It usually means, seemingly not requiring much effort, or with ease.

« Reply #299 on: May 21, 2017, 02:48:03 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I'm excited for Fultz.

The Celts are going to have two elite pick and roll ball-handlers who can score from anywhere.

Figuring out how to build around those guys now becomes the focus of our franchise.

It's an exciting position to be in.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain