Author Topic: Markelle Fultz Thread (Merged)  (Read 78638 times)

Re: Markelle Fultz Thread (Merged)
« Reply #270 on: May 17, 2017, 12:14:32 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Early in his career, Markelle is going to be forced to play tough defense. He has the physicals tools (excellent frame, length, athleticism) to be an elite defender. He's going to be a devastating offensive force, so if he actually develops defensively, we could have a truly transcendent superstar on our hands.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #271 on: May 17, 2017, 12:15:32 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
I know this has been posted, but this article from SI cemented Fultz as my pick for this draft.

http://sportsillustrated.com.ph/US/nba/2017/04/18/markelle-fultz-profile-nba-draft-washington-dc-lonzo-ball

« Reply #272 on: May 17, 2017, 12:15:52 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Early in his career, Markelle is going to be forced to play tough defense. He has the physicals tools (excellent frame, length, athleticism) to be an elite defender. He's going to be a devastating offensive force, so if he actually develops defensively, we could have a truly transcendent superstar on our hands.

Couldn't agree more.  It's a perfect marriage for both sides.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #273 on: May 17, 2017, 12:30:46 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

Couldn't agree more.  It's a perfect marriage for both sides.

I'm sooooooooooo excited. Markelle Fultz, man. Should be a fun decade+.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #274 on: May 17, 2017, 01:11:28 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I can't believe the kid is still only 18!!  Unreal.  (about to turn 19,but still!!)

« Reply #275 on: May 17, 2017, 01:39:09 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
I can't believe the kid is still only 18!!  Unreal.  (about to turn 19,but still!!)
He'll be 19 about the same time the C's get eliminated by the Cavs. Still, he's the youngest top prospect in the draft by at least a few months. He's not yet done growing, as you've seen lately, he's gotten bigger since his season ended. He'll be a solid 6'5. People say he's not that athletic. He's not MJ but he is so very smooth if you've watched enough of him. He lulls you to sleep and then you're toast. Also, as been mentioned several times, he was on the worst team in the PAC12. I've seen HS teams better than them. Can't blame him for not winning more games. He did his part, at 18 years old. PER of over 28 in 35 minutes of play.

« Reply #276 on: May 17, 2017, 01:58:35 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
once he finishes growing and is put into pro training ( non Sully) eating programs .  He ll be a load moving down hill though the paint.

« Reply #277 on: May 17, 2017, 01:59:55 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
He'll be 19 about the same time the C's get eliminated by the Cavs. Still, he's the youngest top prospect in the draft by at least a few months. He's not yet done growing, as you've seen lately, he's gotten bigger since his season ended. He'll be a solid 6'5. People say he's not that athletic. He's not MJ but he is so very smooth if you've watched enough of him. He lulls you to sleep and then you're toast. Also, as been mentioned several times, he was on the worst team in the PAC12. I've seen HS teams better than them. Can't blame him for not winning more games. He did his part, at 18 years old. PER of over 28 in 35 minutes of play.
People keep bringing this defense up. It's nonsense. He didn't end up there against his will.

I don't know much about college basketball, but even I can tell he had offers from multiple top programs and chose to go to the Huskies.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/203881/markelle-fultz
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #278 on: May 17, 2017, 02:02:43 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
People keep bringing this defense up. It's nonsense. He didn't end up there against his will.

I don't know much about college basketball, but even I can tell he had offers from multiple top programs and chose to go to the Huskies.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/203881/markelle-fultz
It's not an excuse, it's a fact so shut up!

« Reply #279 on: May 17, 2017, 02:20:25 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Then you should probably quit talking about it.

That said, to repeat myself from a couple of months ago:

1) Lorenzo Romar is a pretty good recruiter, and generally a very well-liked person.  As a UW alum friend of mine told me recently (while advocating that Romar is a terrible coach) "If I had a son and wanted him to become a man, Lorenzo Romar is who I'd want teaching him."

2) Despite being a poor in-game coach, he's helped several players develop skills game for the NBA.  Most notably, our own Isaiah Thomas, but he's got a lot of kids in the pros that were not 5-star recruits -- he's pretty overrepresented in the NBA given the caliber of players he had.

3) When Fultz committed, Dejounte Murray and Marqueese Chriss had yet to start their freshman years.  Neither were expected to be one-and-dones, so when Fultz committed he presumed he'd have some talented teammates around him.  Sure, he could have decommited when they turned pro, but I'm not going to fault a kid for a) honoring his commitment, or b) continuing to remain interested in a program that just put two freshmen into the 1st round of the NBA draft.

4) If NBA scouts aren't concerned about his school's record, why are you?  He's not the first kid to have come out of a school that's had a terrible season, and he won't be the last.  As you said, you don't know much about college basketball.

« Reply #280 on: May 17, 2017, 02:33:20 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Ive been reading a decent amount about Markelle Fultz and I love the way he carries himself. He seems extremely quiet and polite and almost passive, but it is so clear that he has the utmost confidence in himself.

In that SI article, he is very passive and polite talking about how he wants to guard all these different players, and his mom interrupts and says "it will make you better" his response, "they have to guard me too".
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #281 on: May 17, 2017, 02:36:25 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

Then you should probably quit talking about it.

That said, to repeat myself from a couple of months ago:

1) Lorenzo Romar is a pretty good recruiter, and generally a very well-liked person.  As a UW alum friend of mine told me recently (while advocating that Romar is a terrible coach) "If I had a son and wanted him to become a man, Lorenzo Romar is who I'd want teaching him."

2) Despite being a poor in-game coach, he's helped several players develop skills game for the NBA.  Most notably, our own Isaiah Thomas, but he's got a lot of kids in the pros that were not 5-star recruits -- he's pretty overrepresented in the NBA given the caliber of players he had.

3) When Fultz committed, Dejounte Murray and Marqueese Chriss had yet to start their freshman years.  Neither were expected to be one-and-dones, so when Fultz committed he presumed he'd have some talented teammates around him.  Sure, he could have decommited when they turned pro, but I'm not going to fault a kid for a) honoring his commitment, or b) continuing to remain interested in a program that just put two freshmen into the 1st round of the NBA draft.

4) If NBA scouts aren't concerned about his school's record, why are you?  He's not the first kid to have come out of a school that's had a terrible season, and he won't be the last.  As you said, you don't know much about college basketball.

wow. Kind of got owned there.

« Reply #282 on: May 18, 2017, 02:22:45 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

« Reply #283 on: May 18, 2017, 02:26:54 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
From what I've read, he is most likely healed from that injury.

« Reply #284 on: May 18, 2017, 02:29:17 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
From what I've read, he is most likely healed from that injury.

But does it concern you?