Author Topic: Markelle Fultz Thread (Merged)  (Read 79137 times)

Re: Markelle Fultz Thread (Merged)
« Reply #120 on: January 30, 2017, 03:12:20 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
Really hard to see this guy not being at least a borderline-all star at some point in his career isn't it? I think Ball has a larger % of outcomes where he's a transcendent HoF-level player, but Fultz has a super, duper high floor.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #121 on: January 30, 2017, 03:14:19 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I love Fultz, but we need to cool our jets. Even if the Nets end up with the worst record in the league, the most likely spot for us to draft is 4th. Projecting Fultz to the C's at this early juncture is a recipe to be let down.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #122 on: January 30, 2017, 03:20:56 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I love Fultz, but we need to cool our jets. Even if the Nets end up with the worst record in the league, the most likely spot for us to draft is 4th. Projecting Fultz to the C's at this early juncture is a recipe to be let down.

4th?? Lol

Not too likely

I'm eyeing 2nd/3rd myself

Fultz vs Arizona was a little bit of a letdown. He shoots too many jumpers sometimes. Needs to be aggressive and drive in more/start the fast break

Also defensive intensity could be better

« Reply #123 on: January 30, 2017, 03:21:45 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
BBall ref gives us a 22% chance at the #1 pick today. Thats substantial enough to talk about the likely #1 prospect.

Its also not impossible he gets passed up by Ball or Jackson in the coming months.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #124 on: January 30, 2017, 03:57:45 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

4th?? Lol

Not too likely

I'm eyeing 2nd/3rd myself

Fultz vs Arizona was a little bit of a letdown. He shoots too many jumpers sometimes. Needs to be aggressive and drive in more/start the fast break

Also defensive intensity could be better

He had an off game but you could still see how excellent he is going to the basket and creating his own shot. My biggest disappointment was his foul shooting. Still think it comes down to him and Ball for top pick.

« Reply #125 on: January 31, 2017, 05:33:20 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Fultz vs Allen. Not Fultz best game

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=G07u5Y47fO8

« Reply #126 on: February 01, 2017, 08:45:59 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

« Reply #127 on: February 01, 2017, 10:25:34 AM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.

« Reply #128 on: February 02, 2017, 12:38:08 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
What about Fultz to Brandon Roy comparison?

« Reply #129 on: February 02, 2017, 01:05:58 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

4th?? Lol

Not too likely

You've been on this board for how long now, and you still say things like this. I don't get it.

« Reply #130 on: February 02, 2017, 01:16:29 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

4th?? Lol

Not too likely

You've been on this board for how long now, and you still say things like this. I don't get it.

What is it that you dont get.... He stated -

Even if the Nets end up with the worst record in the league, the most likely spot for us to draft is 4th

Does this sound statistically plausible to you? 

« Reply #131 on: February 02, 2017, 01:22:39 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
4th is the most likely, but to put it that way is misleading since we have a much better chance of landing 1, 2 or 3, taken as a whole, than 4.

« Reply #132 on: February 02, 2017, 01:28:49 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
my irrational fear is that we land #3 and take lonzo ball. not that he is a not a good player- i was just looking for the blue chip offensive talent that our team could use. I think we have enough 2 way rounded players (Crowder, Bradley, eventually Brown). I want a scorer to couple with IT, and I think Fultz has a greater chance to score 25ppg in the NBA than the others. I wouldn't be completely shocked if Ball becomes a slightly better version of Rubio.

« Reply #133 on: February 02, 2017, 01:31:26 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
my irrational fear is that we land #3 and take lonzo ball. not that he is a not a good player- i was just looking for the blue chip offensive talent that our team could use. I think we have enough 2 way rounded players (Crowder, Bradley, eventually Brown). I want a scorer to couple with IT, and I think Fultz has a greater chance to score 25ppg in the NBA than the others. I wouldn't be completely shocked if Ball becomes a slightly better version of Rubio.

I have the same fear about Ball

Have seen very little from him in ability to drive and finish at the basket in the halfcourt

« Reply #134 on: February 02, 2017, 01:31:33 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291

4th?? Lol

Not too likely

Well, worst record has a 64% chance of being top 3. Almost twice as likely as being the 4th pick. I guess it depends on your definition of 'likely'.