Author Topic: Markelle Fultz Thread (Merged)  (Read 79018 times)

Re: Markelle Fultz is a rich man's Evan Turner
« Reply #105 on: January 26, 2017, 11:25:21 PM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64
Im going to say he is a taller Derrick Rose or a shorter Penny Hardaway. He is way ahead of his time.

« Reply #106 on: January 26, 2017, 11:27:00 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Im going to say he is a taller Derrick Rose or a shorter Penny Hardaway. He is way ahead of his time.

Which top team has fultz played well against?

« Reply #107 on: January 26, 2017, 11:31:31 PM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum

None yet, but I believe they have a matchup with UCLA coming up.

« Reply #108 on: January 26, 2017, 11:34:40 PM »

Online trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
He certainly is a strange mashup. Pierce, hardaway, rose. I could throw in Jason Williams and Paul George.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #109 on: January 26, 2017, 11:43:54 PM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
He certainly is a strange mashup. Pierce, hardaway, rose. I could throw in Jason Williams and Paul George.

Wait, how about a taller Stephon Marbury?

« Reply #110 on: January 27, 2017, 12:10:26 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Evan Turner? Are you serious? ET is not a good shooter. Fultz (so far) is.

I like Lillard or Harden as a better comp.

« Reply #111 on: January 27, 2017, 12:51:57 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
https://www.instagram.com/p/BPs8kcGDQJ_/

Jonathan Givony of Draftexpress just posted this video of all the ways Markelle Fultz can score in the halfcourt. Of course it's impossible to say for certain that he'd be able to replicate this at the NBA level, it does show that Fultz has arsenal of shots to work with that wouldn't be easy to predict and the athleticism to attack the holes in the defense.,

For those concerned about adding a rookie guard to this team next year, in the short term couldn't you easily picture Fultz sliding seamlessly into the vacant Evan Turner 6th man shot creator off the bench role? It was shot creation that carried the offense for stretches and unlike ET, Fultz would play it with above the rim hops and deep three point range.

All in on this kid, Fultz or bust. Here's hoping the Old Gods are with the King in the 4th and bring us the Young Wolf on draft day. 8)

No brainer he goes #1, he looks like the only NBA player in college so far.

I feel like a rich man's Evan Turner is selling him short. He's more like a properly sized Isaiah Thomas.
A properly sized IT would drop 30+ ppg every year.

« Reply #112 on: January 27, 2017, 12:54:15 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

Jonathan Givony of Draftexpress just posted this video of all the ways Markelle Fultz can score in the halfcourt. Of course it's impossible to say for certain that he'd be able to replicate this at the NBA level, it does show that Fultz has arsenal of shots to work with that wouldn't be easy to predict and the athleticism to attack the holes in the defense.,

For those concerned about adding a rookie guard to this team next year, in the short term couldn't you easily picture Fultz sliding seamlessly into the vacant Evan Turner 6th man shot creator off the bench role? It was shot creation that carried the offense for stretches and unlike ET, Fultz would play it with above the rim hops and deep three point range.

All in on this kid, Fultz or bust. Here's hoping the Old Gods are with the King in the 4th and bring us the Young Wolf on draft day. 8)

No brainer he goes #1, he looks like the only NBA player in college so far.

I feel like a rich man's Evan Turner is selling him short. He's more like a properly sized Isaiah Thomas.
A properly sized IT would drop 30+ ppg every year.
That's pretty much Fultz
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #113 on: January 27, 2017, 02:42:07 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
If the Celts dont draft Fultz i can see a riot starting

Nah. See Jaylen Brown. They might be classless, but they aren't that low to start something stupid like that.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 02:55:53 AM by mr. dee »

« Reply #114 on: January 27, 2017, 02:55:59 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Great discussion on a goofy passing idea I had a whim. Well posted everybody.

Wanted to address the big question that rose up in the thread...

This thread title is ridiculous.

If buy Rich mam you mean He's a Bill Gates Even Turner than yes.

Fultz is in a different class than Turner.
read the OP. He means hes a rich man's Turner today and could fill in out 6th man offense off the bench role as a rookie. OP doesnt mean(I dont think ) that Fultz will follow that career trajectory.

BINGO
TP Ilikesports17 that's exactly what I meant.

By saying Rich man's Evan Turner I was in no way trying to sell Fultz short. I respect Evan Turner's game and think he was vital to our success last year. What I was referring to is the player that we'll get next year and the role we'll have available for him, both of which would resemble 2015/2016 10/5/4 Evan Turner. Only because Fultz is exceptional he'd be able to get even more out of that role to the tune of something like 15/6/6.

But aside from thinking only about how much he'd add it's also retaining what we've lost from last year. Like many of you, I don't think that any combination of Marcus Smart and Terry Rozier has reached the level of playmaking that Turner had last year. These were timely buckets, the shot's that stop another team's run dead in it's tracks.

You'd see it when we'd have shifts. It might've taken Kelly, Bradley or Sullinger a minute to get into rhythm and in that time the other team gets 3 quick baskets in a row and is trying to pull away. Who would be there to squelch the run but an Evan Turner jumper, leaner or layup. Suddenly we're back to firing on all cylinders and never fell into a hole.

We had it then with and with Fultz we could have it again. Give him the green light and we've solidified the bucket output of the second unit. Only a matter of time until he'd be ready to step in to the starting lineup but until he's ready he he cant feast on second units and we can let Isaiah continue on his MVP campaign.

Enter the league a rich man's Evan Turner, retire a multiple All Star.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 03:07:57 AM by Smartacus »

« Reply #115 on: January 27, 2017, 02:59:39 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318

Good sir, for that bolded part I am going to try and remember to give you a couple of TPs. One of my favorite lines on Cs blog ever.

I also agree with all of the sentiments you described about his fit here.

Haaa Jeez thanks AFoS, glad it was it was fun for you to read as it was for me to write. I wake up every morning hoping to hear news about Winds of Winter's release date.  :)

« Reply #116 on: January 27, 2017, 06:04:13 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

None yet, but I believe they have a matchup with UCLA coming up.

Ok. Need to see 2-3 games where he excels against good schools

Jackson, ball , smith jr. all have proven they can raise the bar against the best teams in the country... Well smith jr is 1 for 2

« Reply #117 on: January 27, 2017, 08:56:29 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261

The only two games against good teams have been Gonzaga and Oregon.

Gonzaga, 26 points, 10-26 FGs, 3-6 on 3's, 10R, 1A, 1TO

Oregon, 22 points, 8-16, 1-5, 4A, 4TO.

So 43% FG, 36% on 3's, as many TO's as assists.   Good point totals, not very efficient against good competition.

« Reply #118 on: January 27, 2017, 11:11:09 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

So 43% FG, 36% on 3's, as many TO's as assists.   Good point totals, not very efficient against good competition.

Well there you go

So he is not a superplayer

I still think more like Beal
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 11:23:33 AM by triboy16f »

« Reply #119 on: January 30, 2017, 03:00:39 PM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.

Well there you go

So he is not a superplayer

I still think more like Beal

Dude, Beal was not doing what Fultz is doing now as a Freshman. Can you please throw that notion out somewhere? The fact that you are expecting Fultz to take down elite college teams by himself to validate him is silly when you and I both know he is the best 18 year old playing basketball right now.

Guys in top teams usually beat other top teams and you don't see Tyus Jones killing it the NBA. That's because none of these guys will get drafted solely based on their success in College. Jaylen Brown had quite a pedestrian freshman year and he's showing that he belongs in the NBA. These games are just opportunities for us to see their skills, tendencies, and athleticism.