Author Topic: How does Sacramento refuse this package?  (Read 3710 times)

Re: How does Sacramento refuse this package?
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2016, 03:33:27 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I want no part of Rudy Gay.

I'd offer Smart and both BRK picks.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2016, 04:36:57 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56

This seems like a very Ainge-like offer. IMO after this offer is made, the Celtics will still have Smart and both picks and SAC will still have Cousins.

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2016, 04:48:05 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

why the aversion to Gay?  He seems like the type of wing scorer Boston could desperately use (21.3 ppg on just 15.6 shots per game is pretty darn efficient).  He has an expiring contract so won't be a drain on the cap.  And while he is far from a good defender, his offense more than makes up for his defensive short comings as he has a positive BMP, VORP, etc. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2016, 04:50:04 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

why the aversion to Gay?  He seems like the type of wing scorer Boston could desperately use (21.3 ppg on just 15.6 shots per game is pretty darn efficient).  He has an expiring contract so won't be a drain on the cap.  And while he is far from a good defender, his offense more than makes up for his defensive short comings as he has a positive BMP, VORP, etc.

I haven't watched him a lot, but I've heard and read that he's not exactly a team player. Doesn't pass the ball much. Like you said, isn't a good defender. Is he someone who you would be willing to resign in the offseason? Or is he purely a rental? Also, haven't all of his teams gotten better after he was traded or something? At some point you have to wonder whether he's the issue.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2016, 04:51:53 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

He's a ball-stopper, and he and Cousins don't have much chemistry on the court. Losing Jae would rip the defense and leadership out of this team.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2016, 04:52:55 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

This seems like a very Ainge-like offer. IMO after this offer is made, the Celtics will still have Smart and both picks and SAC will still have Cousins.

Could be, although I wonder what playoff team could offer much better.

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2016, 05:00:50 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith

I haven't watched him a lot, but I've heard and read that he's not exactly a team player. Doesn't pass the ball much. Like you said, isn't a good defender. Is he someone who you would be willing to resign in the offseason? Or is he purely a rental? Also, haven't all of his teams gotten better after he was traded or something? At some point you have to wonder whether he's the issue.
His AST% this year is 13.9.  Better than Crowder, Rozier, Olynyk, Brown, and Jerekbo.  So not exactly a black hole.  his TS% would rate him between Thomas and Bradley, so pretty darn efficient.  He is getting to the line over 6 a game, outside of Thomas Boston's next best rotation player is 2.1.  Gay seems like a guy that would fill in a lot of holes on the team. 

Gay isn't a guy that is going to take Boston over the top, but I think he would help with the scoring deficiencies on the team a great deal.  I might even consider trading for him without Cousins if it was just something like Zeller and Boston's 2018 1st (lotto protected). 

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2016, 05:11:35 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
They not going to win with Cousins  (5 losing years) so trade him for whatever u can get...don't let him walk like Phoenix did with Amare and Toronto did with Bosh..they got nothing..Cousins will walk when his time is here so Sac better trade him now
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2016, 05:43:23 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

His AST% this year is 13.9.  Better than Crowder, Rozier, Olynyk, Brown, and Jerekbo.  So not exactly a black hole.  his TS% would rate him between Thomas and Bradley, so pretty darn efficient.  He is getting to the line over 6 a game, outside of Thomas Boston's next best rotation player is 2.1.  Gay seems like a guy that would fill in a lot of holes on the team. 

Gay isn't a guy that is going to take Boston over the top, but I think he would help with the scoring deficiencies on the team a great deal.  I might even consider trading for him without Cousins if it was just something like Zeller and Boston's 2018 1st (lotto protected).

Hmm, i get what you're saying. I guess your liking for Rudy Gay is the same reason you wouldn't mind to trade for Chandler and his contract, right? Since you believe that we likely won't get any of the big free agents available. That's fine, that's your opinion and I'm not gonna question it. But i, personally, still feel like we can do better in free agency, that we have a chance of signing a big name player, and trading for Gay with the plans to resign him this offseason to a new contract would prevent us from signing better players.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2016, 10:35:40 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith

Hmm, i get what you're saying. I guess your liking for Rudy Gay is the same reason you wouldn't mind to trade for Chandler and his contract, right? Since you believe that we likely won't get any of the big free agents available. That's fine, that's your opinion and I'm not gonna question it. But i, personally, still feel like we can do better in free agency, that we have a chance of signing a big name player, and trading for Gay with the plans to resign him this offseason to a new contract would prevent us from signing better players.
I don't think I'd re-sign Gay unless he took a major pay cut.  I was talking about just this season.  Boston obviously isn't going to tank this year, so why not try to win some more games and advance farther in the playoffs especially if it only costs you Zeller and what we would hope would be a late 1st (but that is why you lotto protect it).  I think it is a risk worth taking, especially since Gay fills a real need and he will almost certainly opt out this summer meaning there is no cap issue this summer (unlike Chandler, who I would still go after). 

« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2016, 09:26:55 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics