Author Topic: Who can offer a better package than Brown, Smart, Crowder and 3 first rounders?  (Read 5325 times)

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
That offer eliminates us from contention, as Gerald Green or James Young would be our starting 3. I'm all for getting Boogie, but keeping at least one of Brown, Smart, Crowder is imperative.

Maybe Jerebko pops in.  ;)

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Danny Ainge would never give up anything near that much for Cousins.

The market for Cousins is tiny because the contenders that want him are worried he'll destroy their locker rooms and young teams don't want him because of the possibility he'll destroy everything they've built with their young programs.

A Cousins package for us would look something like:

Brooklyn pick+one of Jae, Avery or Smart.
That is pretty much the maximum we'd give.

I think we'll be pushing for something like: BRK 17' pick, Rozier, Amir,Memphis pick.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
No doubt Danny will offer a scary amount of assets for Boogie.

TPs for ideas for trades that Sac would like more (that are possible).

You do realize the team is playing like garbage without Crowder.  So you want to trade him and Marcus Smart?

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

The market for Cousins is tiny because the contenders that want him are worried he'll destroy their locker rooms and young teams don't want him because of the possibility he'll destroy everything they've built with their young programs.

I think we'll be pushing for something like: BRK 17' pick, Rozier, Amir,Memphis pick.
Where does that notion come from?  Sounds like pure speculation.

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Isn't this whole thread about speculation?

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Isn't this whole thread about speculation?
For sure, but isn't the entire CB forum all about speculation?   ;D

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Zach Lowe thinks that Danny wants Boogie but Brad does not.

Just listened to his podcast.

Really? I would think it was the other way around. Remember last year when Danny said something along the lines of "we don't want anyone that's gonna be an issue in the locker room". Or something like that. Hell, maybe neither wants his attitude problems haha

It makes sense to me.  I don't think Cousins is a good fit for a team that wants to push the pace and is philosophically opposed to isolation plays on offense.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald

Where does that notion come from?  Sounds like pure speculation.

It comes from my heart. It's heartfelt speculation.
I actually read an article recently where some anonymous GM's said he was a double edged sword and they won't get anywhere near what they want from him because of his hormonal baggage. It was posted here within the last week.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
Zach Lowe thinks that Danny wants Boogie but Brad does not.

Just listened to his podcast.

Really? I would think it was the other way around. Remember last year when Danny said something along the lines of "we don't want anyone that's gonna be an issue in the locker room". Or something like that. Hell, maybe neither wants his attitude problems haha

It makes sense to me.  I don't think Cousins is a good fit for a team that wants to push the pace and is philosophically opposed to isolation plays on offense.

I'd say Ainge is interested. Ainge has said in the past that he believes the way to beat GSW is to punish them with big men inside.
I also think Ainge knows that he's going to be a relative bargain because not many teams will want to risk bringing him into the locker room.

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177

I agree with that last offer being close to what we should be willing to give... It's only for a year and a half rental at that. Remember how many people wanted to trade for Horford last year?

Offline SuddenFame

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 28
Yet again, another "trade Jaylen" thread and/or post.  I will never understand such madness. He will be an all-star in three seasons, but people continue to toss him into trade scenarios, basically as an afterthought, as though he weren't an integral part of the Celtic's future.  So annoying. ...

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Again, this thread was made not to discuss jaylen, but just to see if anyone had ideas about which teams could offer better packages than us. I just designed a random huge package from us, too much, yes, and I agree jaylen is almost untradable, but the focus was trying to see if people could see another team put up a 'better' package than us which they would be willing to part with. Best one so far is the lakers deal on page 1, but I don't think LA want to up 2 of Ingram, Russell, Randell, which surely what it would take...
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.