Author Topic: Who can offer a better package than Brown, Smart, Crowder and 3 first rounders?  (Read 5326 times)

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
No doubt Danny will offer a scary amount of assets for Boogie.

TPs for ideas for trades that Sac would like more (that are possible).
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
No one can offer even close to that. Which is why he won't have to offer it for Boogie or anyone else.

Footnote: considering any offer like this would be to 'win now', hard to see Jar and Jaylen in the same package unless a SF is coming back.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
We've literally been waiting for years for a Boogie trade.  If it happens is will be in the next 3 months.  That fits well with my patience level.

That said, the package here is too much and it doesn't utilize the Zeller contract.

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
We've literally been waiting for years for a Boogie trade.  If it happens is will be in the next 3 months.  That fits well with my patience level.

That said, the package here is too much and it doesn't utilize the Zeller contract.

I agree my example package wasn't great (and yes, Zeller gets thrown in for sure), but my question is more about what teams could BETTER a celtics offer..

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I think there are at least a few teams that can offer a pretty good package like the Lakers.  The problem is with almost any other team is they don't have the combination of depth and high end assets to remain competitive after a Boogie trade, and make him want to stay after his contract is up next year.

For example maybe the Lakers can offer a package around any 2 of Ingram, Russell, or Randle, plus picks, but would Boogie even want to stay there after his contract is up?

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Sixers, Wolves, Lakers could all top that offer pretty easily.  Nuggets, Suns, Knicks might be able to as well depending on what the acquiring team thought of certain prospects (you know like Porzingis).  This obviously doesn't include better teams that have star level prospects.  For example, is Kevin Love and Tristan Thompson for Boogie a better package.  I guess that depends on what the Kings want.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
No doubt Danny will offer a scary amount of assets for Boogie.

TPs for ideas for trades that Sac would like more (that are possible).

Why?
I'd offer Zeller and change.

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
I think there are at least a few teams that can offer a pretty good package like the Lakers.  The problem is with almost any other team is they don't have the combination of depth and high end assets to remain competitive after a Boogie trade, and make him want to stay after his contract is up next year.

For example maybe the Lakers can offer a package around any 2 of Ingram, Russell, or Randle, plus picks, but would Boogie even want to stay there after his contract is up?

Lakers would be a risky deal.. The '17 pick might miss protection and head to Philly, the '18 pick might be a middling pick, and I doubt the Lakers move any of those three who all still have the possibility of being foundation guys...

Philly might go for Noel, Okafor and two firsts, but would Sac??

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Sixers, Wolves, Lakers could all top that offer pretty easily.  Nuggets, Suns, Knicks might be able to as well depending on what the acquiring team thought of certain prospects (you know like Porzingis).  This obviously doesn't include better teams that have star level prospects.  For example, is Kevin Love and Tristan Thompson for Boogie a better package.  I guess that depends on what the Kings want.

Knicks would have to be insane to offer up Porzingis for Cousins.  That will never happen.  Agreed the Lakers could make a pretty attractive offer, but without the high draft picks, which in blockbuster trades, are usually a requirement these days. Wolves could, but why would you mention a team that is all set at the center position?  I don't see the Nuggets or Suns coming close to offering a competitive package. Suns won't give up Booker. Who is left?  Bender? Chriss?

And the way the Cavs are playing, safe to say the last thing they would consider is trading Love or Thompson.

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
I saw an article for players that need to be traded and they floated:

NOP: Buddy Hield, Moore, Ajinca, and two firsts
SAC; Cousins, (maybe one other player?)

I think they just wanted to dream of AD and Cousins because that is ridiculous if Sac actually wanted to unload Cousins.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I don't think Danny offers that much. That is probably the best package anyone could offer for a star, but I don't think Danny would give up that much.

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

Knicks would have to be insane to offer up Porzingis for Cousins.  That will never happen.  Agreed the Lakers could make a pretty attractive offer, but without the high draft picks, which in blockbuster trades, are usually a requirement these days. Wolves could, but why would you mention a team that is all set at the center position?  I don't see the Nuggets or Suns coming close to offering a competitive package. Suns won't give up Booker. Who is left?  Bender? Chriss?

And the way the Cavs are playing, safe to say the last thing they would consider is trading Love or Thompson.
Cousins is better than Love and Thompson though and he probably gives the Cavs a slightly longer window with a real advantage over the Warriors in the paint.  I'm not suggesting Cleveland would mess with their chemistry, but I absolutely think they would consider a Love/Thompson for Boogie/Gay type trade if it was available to them. 

If the Wolves think Towns and Cousins could play together I see no reason why they wouldn't put together an offer and could put together a very nice one.

Cousins is better than Porzingis.  Cousins fits in better with a win now team and still young enough to give the Knicks close to a decade of solid play.  Why wouldn't the win now Knicks offer Porzingis for Cousins?

The Lakers, Sixers, and Suns have a lot of high level prospects.  If you give up good enough prospects then draft picks don't matter as much.  Randle and Russell for example are likely considered better prospects than anyone on Boston in your traded and while everyone thinks the Brooklyn picks will be very good there is a lot uncertainty.  The Kings know what they are getting in Randle and Russell, which probably makes that a better package.  Same with the Sixers who could offer any combination of Okafor, Noel, Saric, LAL 1st, Philly's own 1sts, and most importantly they can give Sacto back the full rights to Sacto's own picks.  There is no way Boston can top that sort of package. 

Boston can certainly put together a very attractive package and if Cousins makes it clear he only wants to go to Boston that would help, but Boston can easily have its package beaten by any number of teams. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Hopefully nobody, including Celtics, is stupid enough to offer that kind if haul for Boogie.

Are you going to fill the roster with  your teeth after you give up all those assets?

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
If the Celtics are offering a package like that(2 Brooklyn picks and Memphis pick), Smart, Brown, and Crowder it better be for a top 5 player in the league like Curry, Lebron, Davis, Durant( with an extension if possible) or Westbrook. That package is WAY, WAY too much for Boogie.

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199

Start of last year I thought it would happen on draft night, then that passed and I thought it wouldn't happen for another year. I certainly don't think it can happen before Zeller becomes available. I'm not sure it happens until draft night again tbh. Draft night is the best time to make a trade for him, at least from Sacramento's pov