Author Topic: Am I the only one p---ed about the Rozier pick still?  (Read 10062 times)

Re: Am I the only one p---ed about the Rozier pick still?
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2016, 02:19:58 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
If you want an example of amazing physical attributes but low knowledge / feel for the game, point to somebody like Bismack Biyombo.  Andre Drummond, Hassan Whiteside, and Deandre Jordan probably fit in that category too.

*Javale McGee briefly looks up, goes back to picking nose*

Good point, I think Javale is probably the ultimate example.  That guy has HoF physical tools, and despite his stunning lack of mental game, continues to get opportunities in the league based on that talent.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2016, 02:23:04 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
at this point we should be looking back at the 2013 draft class as this is Kelly's contract year... no one can deny that Danny left better players on the board. Players that address our weaknesses now

For sure, but that was a weird draft in that a lot of teams in the top 10 also missed out on those guys.

Considering that 2013 is considered a "weak" draft -- though it is manifestly deep in solid NBA-caliber players -- getting a borderline starter at #13 was pretty good.

Missing out on Schroder, Giannis, Gobert -- not to mention falling a few picks shy of McCollum and Adams -- does hurt, though, for certain.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2016, 03:24:31 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
at this point we should be looking back at the 2013 draft class as this is Kelly's contract year... no one can deny that Danny left better players on the board. Players that address our weaknesses now

For sure, but that was a weird draft in that a lot of teams in the top 10 also missed out on those guys.

Considering that 2013 is considered a "weak" draft -- though it is manifestly deep in solid NBA-caliber players -- getting a borderline starter at #13 was pretty good.

Missing out on Schroder, Giannis, Gobert -- not to mention falling a few picks shy of McCollum and Adams -- does hurt, though, for certain.
are we doing this again? guiding the ship of opinion using 20/20 hindsight? how many GMs missed that year, each year, every year? to only dig up data on the celtics (or any single team) removes all ability to compare performance.

also, it is usually best to look at the info/reviews/options available THEN when trying to pass judgement.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2016, 03:38:46 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

are we doing this again? guiding the ship of opinion using 20/20 hindsight? how many GMs missed that year, each year, every year? to only dig up data on the celtics (or any single team) removes all ability to compare performance.

also, it is usually best to look at the info/reviews/options available THEN when trying to pass judgement.

It doesn't sound like we're in disagreement here ... it hurts to miss on those other guys, but most teams missed on those guys.  Kelly was a pretty good pick at #13. 
- Mark Twain