Author Topic: Monday 4/3: Draft prospects playing on TV today (ongoing) 2017 Draft  (Read 119214 times)

Re: Sunday 2/26: Draft prospects playing on TV today (ongoing) 2017 Draft
« Reply #465 on: February 26, 2017, 08:25:53 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2237
UPDATE: Sunday 2/26

1:00 ESPN       Valparaiso      Alec Peters (25)

2:00 CBSSN     Syr/LOU         Tyler Lydon (20)/Donovan Mitchell (45)

4:00 CBS         Mich St            Miles Bridges (22)

5:00 CBSSN     Memphis         Dedric Lawson (0)

6:30 ESPNU     ND/GTech        VJ Beacham (3), Bonzie Colson (35)/Ben Lammers (44)

8:30 ESPNU     WASH             Markelle Fultz (20)     

« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 02:20:57 PM by csfansince60s »

Re: Monday 2/27: Draft prospects playing on TV today (ongoing) 2017 Draft
« Reply #466 on: February 27, 2017, 09:47:19 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
UPDATE: Monday 2/27

Not a lot of action tonight guys: this is the last week of regular season games ending Sunday.

Potential draftees playing today:

7:00 ESPN       UNC          Justin Jackson (44), I Hicks (4)

7:00 ESPNU    Baylor        Motley (5)

9:00 ESPN      Kansas      Josh Jackson (11), Mikhailiuk (10)

« Reply #467 on: February 27, 2017, 09:55:16 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Always worth watching when Jackson is playing.

« Reply #468 on: February 27, 2017, 09:58:48 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Really enjoy watching Kansas' games. I've caught about 5 so far.  Jackson continues to impress, even when he has an off game, like he did vs. Texas last Saturday, where he had a hard time finishing a lot of his drives.  He continues to gain confidence in his outside shooting.

Of all the high draft choices, I feel he will slip most seamlessly into our regular rotation right away, even more so than Jaylen Brown did.   Seems Celtics are trending towards stock-piling talented players who can defend multiple positions (Brown, Smart) and Jackson more than anyone fits that mold.  If we are fortunate to draft him, makes me wonder if we really want to break the bank to go after Hayward.

« Reply #469 on: February 27, 2017, 11:09:20 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
Really enjoy watching Kansas' games. I've caught about 5 so far.  Jackson continues to impress, even when he has an off game, like he did vs. Texas last Saturday, where he had a hard time finishing a lot of his drives.  He continues to gain confidence in his outside shooting.

Of all the high draft choices, I feel he will slip most seamlessly into our regular rotation right away, even more so than Jaylen Brown did.   Seems Celtics are trending towards stock-piling talented players who can defend multiple positions (Brown, Smart) and Jackson more than anyone fits that mold.  If we are fortunate to draft him, makes me wonder if we really want to break the bank to go after Hayward.

I am on board with drafting Jackson.

Smart/Jaylen/Jackson/Crowder as defenders at the 1-2-3-4????

Teams wont want to be playing us.

Re: Tuesday 2/28: Draft prospects playing on TV today (ongoing) 2017 Draft
« Reply #470 on: February 28, 2017, 09:08:28 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
UPDATE: Tuesday 2/28

6:30 BTN     MD          Melo Trimble (2)

6:30 FS1     GTown     Peak (0), Pryor (23)

7:00 ESPNU  SC          Thornwell (0), Dozier (15)

7:00 SECN    A&M       Robt Wms (44)

7:00 ESPN2  IND/Pur   Bryant (31)/Swanigan (50)

7:00 ESPN    FSU/Duke      Isaac(1),Bacon(4)/Tatum(0),Giles(1),Allen(3), Kennard(5), Bolden (20)

8:00 CBSSN  Creighton     Justin Patton (23)

9:00 ESPN    KY/Vandy      Fox(0), Bam(3), Monk(50)/Kornet (3)

9:00 ESPNU  GTech           Ben Lammers (44)

9:00 ESPN2 OKSt/IOSt     Jawun Evans (1)/Monte Morris (11)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 09:51:44 AM by csfansince60s »

« Reply #471 on: February 28, 2017, 07:23:50 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Thanks for this!

Isaac looking good so far.

« Reply #472 on: February 28, 2017, 10:44:15 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
I think Issac must have gone to bench and watch the President's address after the 1st 8 min of the game. I dont see any reason why a team would take him over Tatum or Jackson at this point unless they see him being a dominate defensive player.

« Reply #473 on: February 28, 2017, 11:07:16 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
I think Issac must have gone to bench and watch the President's address after the 1st 8 min of the game. I dont see any reason why a team would take him over Tatum or Jackson at this point unless they see him being a dominate defensive player.

I agree.

Josh Jackson, especially, is such a dominant physical presence and is smoothly relentless.

EDIT: KY came back from 19 down to beat Vandy....impressive.

Re: Wednesday 3/1: Draft prospects playing on TV today (ongoing) 2017 Draft
« Reply #474 on: March 01, 2017, 10:48:05 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
UPDATE: Wednesday 3/1

6:30 SECN     Georgia          Yante Maten (1)

7:00 ESPN2    FLA               Devin Robinson (1)

7:00 BTN       Michigan         Moritz Wagner (13)*********

8:00 ACCN    Clem/NCSt     Blossomgame(5)/ DSJ (4), Yurtseven (14)

8:00 ACCN    ND                VJ Beacham(3), Bonzie Colson(35)

9:00 ESPN2   Texas            Jarrett Allen (31)

9:00 BTN      MichSt           Miles Bridges (22)

9:00 ACCN   Lou/Wake       Donovan Mitchell(45)/John Collins (20)

9:00 ESPNU  KSt               Wesley Iwundu (25)

10:00 CBSSN  SDSt          Malik Pope (21)

11:00 FS1     Wash/UCLA  Fultz (20)/Ball(2), Leaf (22)

« Reply #475 on: March 01, 2017, 10:52:26 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Thanks, CS Fan.  Will watch the game tonight between Fultz and Ball with great interest.  While I remain in Jackson's court, could see scenario play out where we could draft one of these two. If we commit to IT long term, I could see Fultz being drafted, since he can be that second go to guy who can create his own offense, which we so desperately need.  I don't think we take Ball unless we want to rebuild the team and trade IT. 

« Reply #476 on: March 01, 2017, 11:22:45 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
Good article on Ball vs Fultz:

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/20170228/uclas-lonzo-ball-washingtons-markelle-fultz-different-but-equally-good

hey’re dead even, according to one NBA scout.

UCLA’s Lonzo Ball and Washington’s Markelle Fultz have entirely different strengths, but that only makes deciphering which is the better NBA prospect a more difficult task.

The two freshman point guards will share a court for the second time this season when Washington (9-19, 2-14 Pac-12) visits No. 3 UCLA (26-3, 13-3) Wednesday night.

UCLA clearly demonstrated that Ball is surrounded by more talent than his Washington counterpart when the Bruins left Seattle Feb. 4 with a 107-66 victory. Fultz’s 25 accounted for 38 percent of his team’s points. Ball’s 22 were just 21 percent of UCLA’s total.

“Lonzo is not the scorer that Fultz is, but I’m convinced that if I said ‘Go be a scorer,’ Zo could do that,” UCLA coach Steve Alford said. “Lonzo has just made an impression on our program in every phase of the game, how you pass, how you dribble, the shots we take, how we defend...There’s a great culture around Lonzo and a lot of that has to do with who he is as a person.”

According a bevy of experts, Fultz and Ball will be the top two picks in the 2017 NBA draft, in that order. They are projected to go first and second by ESPN’s Chad Ford, DraftExpress.net and NBADraft.net, among others.

Fultz is such a dynamic scorer, he would be a shooting guard at the next level if he were taller than 6-foot-4, according to an NBA scout. In addition, his impact across the board is so historically great that Fultz is the only college basketball player in the last 25 years to average 20 points, five rebounds and five assists. The fifth-leading scorer in the country is on pace for the highest Pac-12 scoring average in 20 years.

Ball can counter that with his status as the only player in the country averaging at least 10 points, seven assists and four rebounds — his actual averages are 14.8 points, a nation-leading 7.6 assists and 6.1 rebounds.

At 6-6, Ball has the size to play either guard position, but is the only true point guard among the best crop of prospects at the position in recent memory. He not only has exceptional vision, but a unique compliment that augments his most identifiable strength.

“He’s got vision and balls,” an NBA scout said. “When he gets an outlet and turns and sees (the) floor, he has all nine people in view. Now his balls come into play because he’s not afraid to throw that pass. Ball isn’t the athlete that Fultz is, but his length and his vision offset a little of what he lacks athletically. And he’s not stiff. He’s not Bryce Alford.”
Advertisement

Fultz needs to improve cerebrally to run a team at the next level, according to the scout, while the largest concern surrounding Ball is his unconventional shooting form.

Despite being right-handed, Ball shoots from the left side of his head. He requires more space between him and the defender because his release point is lower with his shooting arm angled across his face.

“He’ll be fine the first time through, but there’s a bunch of guys on NBA coaching staffs who will figure out how to take that shot away, guys with more time than Pac-12 coaches,” the NBA scout said. “It’s going to be on him to prove us wrong, to prove that he can make it. But He can’t physically release it as high as someone who shoots it on the right side of his head. Some of it is offset by his height, but when a 6-6, 6-7 guy is guarding him it’s going to be a problem, I think.”

I especially like the part saying Ball has "vision and balls."

« Reply #477 on: March 01, 2017, 11:41:14 AM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
Good article on Ball vs Fultz:

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/20170228/uclas-lonzo-ball-washingtons-markelle-fultz-different-but-equally-good

hey’re dead even, according to one NBA scout.

UCLA’s Lonzo Ball and Washington’s Markelle Fultz have entirely different strengths, but that only makes deciphering which is the better NBA prospect a more difficult task.

The two freshman point guards will share a court for the second time this season when Washington (9-19, 2-14 Pac-12) visits No. 3 UCLA (26-3, 13-3) Wednesday night.

UCLA clearly demonstrated that Ball is surrounded by more talent than his Washington counterpart when the Bruins left Seattle Feb. 4 with a 107-66 victory. Fultz’s 25 accounted for 38 percent of his team’s points. Ball’s 22 were just 21 percent of UCLA’s total.

“Lonzo is not the scorer that Fultz is, but I’m convinced that if I said ‘Go be a scorer,’ Zo could do that,” UCLA coach Steve Alford said. “Lonzo has just made an impression on our program in every phase of the game, how you pass, how you dribble, the shots we take, how we defend...There’s a great culture around Lonzo and a lot of that has to do with who he is as a person.”

According a bevy of experts, Fultz and Ball will be the top two picks in the 2017 NBA draft, in that order. They are projected to go first and second by ESPN’s Chad Ford, DraftExpress.net and NBADraft.net, among others.

Fultz is such a dynamic scorer, he would be a shooting guard at the next level if he were taller than 6-foot-4, according to an NBA scout. In addition, his impact across the board is so historically great that Fultz is the only college basketball player in the last 25 years to average 20 points, five rebounds and five assists. The fifth-leading scorer in the country is on pace for the highest Pac-12 scoring average in 20 years.

Ball can counter that with his status as the only player in the country averaging at least 10 points, seven assists and four rebounds — his actual averages are 14.8 points, a nation-leading 7.6 assists and 6.1 rebounds.

At 6-6, Ball has the size to play either guard position, but is the only true point guard among the best crop of prospects at the position in recent memory. He not only has exceptional vision, but a unique compliment that augments his most identifiable strength.

“He’s got vision and balls,” an NBA scout said. “When he gets an outlet and turns and sees (the) floor, he has all nine people in view. Now his balls come into play because he’s not afraid to throw that pass. Ball isn’t the athlete that Fultz is, but his length and his vision offset a little of what he lacks athletically. And he’s not stiff. He’s not Bryce Alford.”
Advertisement

Fultz needs to improve cerebrally to run a team at the next level, according to the scout, while the largest concern surrounding Ball is his unconventional shooting form.

Despite being right-handed, Ball shoots from the left side of his head. He requires more space between him and the defender because his release point is lower with his shooting arm angled across his face.

“He’ll be fine the first time through, but there’s a bunch of guys on NBA coaching staffs who will figure out how to take that shot away, guys with more time than Pac-12 coaches,” the NBA scout said. “It’s going to be on him to prove us wrong, to prove that he can make it. But He can’t physically release it as high as someone who shoots it on the right side of his head. Some of it is offset by his height, but when a 6-6, 6-7 guy is guarding him it’s going to be a problem, I think.”

I especially like the part saying Ball has "vision and balls."

The last two sentences are of a great concern to me. In addition to this he doesnt have a great 1st step and isnt that strong so I wonder how much his game will really change from the dynamics that we see now. I can see him playing off the ball alot to allow for him to be effective in the HC just like they do now.

Im not a huge Ball fan. I have him 4th on my board due to the concerns I have about him.

Re: Thursday 3/2: Draft prospects playing on TV today (ongoing) 2017 Draft
« Reply #478 on: March 02, 2017, 08:51:25 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
UPDATE: Thursday 3/2

9:00 ESPN      IO/Wisc     Peter Jok (14)/Nigel Hayes (10), Ethan Hopp (22)

9:00 ESPNU    Memphis    Dedric Lawson (1)

11:00 ESPNU  Cal/Utah    Ivan Rabb (1)/ Kyle Kuzma (35)

Re: Friday 3/3: Draft prospects playing on TV today (ongoing) 2017 Draft
« Reply #479 on: March 03, 2017, 10:19:21 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
UPDATE; Friday 3/3

One game tonight.

HUGE day tomorrow. 25 games on with potential draftees.

7:00 ESPN2 IOSt/WVa     Monte Morris (11), Deonte Burton (30)