Author Topic: Monday 4/3: Draft prospects playing on TV today (ongoing) 2017 Draft  (Read 120157 times)

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Duke crushes UNLV.   Tatum looked good, in a limited role.  Allen had a monster game.   Bolden didn't impress, he's a legit big dude, but looked slow and didn't flash much in the way of skill.

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Big-time shoot out at Pauley pavilion.

UCLA 50-Michigan 50 at half.

Mich 12/16 from 3.

UCLA10-14.

More and more impressed by Ball.

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
yeah put me on the ball bandwagon. wow. jason kidd esque w a better jumper.  hoping we get him big time.

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

Mich 12/16 from 3.

UCLA10-14.

Need to add Leaf to the prospect list.  If he keeps playing as well as he has so far, he probably should put himself in this draft. 

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261

Mich 12/16 from 3.

UCLA10-14.

Need to add Leaf to the prospect list.  If he keeps playing as well as he has so far, he probably should put himself in this draft.

Leaf looked good against Kentucky too.  Aggressive and athletic with range.

Tacko Fall is pretty far down most mocks, but this video of him having a strong game against Villanova makes him looking intriguing.  He's just huge and moves pretty well.

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
yeah put me on the ball bandwagon. wow. jason kidd esque w a better jumper.  hoping we get him big time.
i dont know. i watched only part of one game and when ball was called upon to play defense he was absolutely terrible. i mean, lost in the woods on switches, went for many fakes, and often just seemed to not really care about it.

it might be only time he was like that. but it worried me.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
12/11 Prospect watching

3:00  ESPN  -  Kentucky:  Monk, Fox, Bam

4:00  ESPNU  -  Florida State:   Isaac

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
Dwayne Bacon lighting it up for FSU.

I like Isaac a lot, but Bacon has improved tremendously, and will go first round this year.

Last year, he was in the first round mocks for most of the year.  He pulled out of the draft to return to school. Not only did he show maturity by doing that, but he is gone from someone who was touted mainly for his  Athletic talents and worked very hard over the summer on many aspects of his game. He shot 26% from three point Land last year and is up to 40% this year.

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486

I like Isaac a lot, but Bacon has improved tremendously, and will go first round this year.

Last year, he was in the first round mocks for most of the year.  He pulled out of the draft to return to school. Not only did he show maturity by doing that, but he is gone from someone who was touted mainly for his  Athletic talents and worked very hard over the summer on many aspects of his game. He shot 26% from three point Land last year and is up to 40% this year.

That is awesome to hear about Bacon. Im just curious why staying in college is viewed as a sign of maturity? Because he recognized he is not ready and stayed? (Honestly curious about your view point) Because in a vacuum personally I view staying in college as not ready to test yourself in the real world against much better competition. I think it takes a ton of maturity to realize it will be tough, but to go to the league now because you have that kind of confidence in yourself.
#JKJB

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas

That is awesome to hear about Bacon. Im just curious why staying in college is viewed as a sign of maturity? Because he recognized he is not ready and stayed? (Honestly curious about your view point) Because in a vacuum personally I view staying in college as not ready to test yourself in the real world against much better competition. I think it takes a ton of maturity to realize it will be tough, but to go to the league now because you have that kind of confidence in yourself.

TP....interesting, thoughtful point of view.

Funny, the announcers were talking exactly about his recognizing that his game wasn't ready and how hard Bacon worked over the summer because " he didn't just want to make it to the next level, but to able to contribute substantially as soon as he got there."

They just said, after a Bacon 'and one, that he has become so much more efficient this year.

EDIT: but yeah, from a purely personal pov, anytime someone delays gratification for a greater reward down the road, that is indicative of maturity to me.

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
UPDATE: Tuesday, 12/13

Slow night for prospects. Maybe final exam time?

7 p.m.   ESPNU     Jaron Blossomgame

10 p.m.  PAC-12N   Oregon (these guys will all likely be 2nd rounders, but                     
                                         fun to watch)
                             the 3 Bs: Boucher, Brooks and Bell
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 02:56:56 PM by csfansince60s »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
Chris Boucher, 23/18/5 blocks tonight.

Big game coming up later this month vs UCLA.

Look for Oregon to give them a run for their money.

Online trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618

Also, you need to cash in on your stock at its highest. If Bennett had stayed longer he probably wouldn't have got that behemoth rookie deal...
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
UPDATE:

Wednesday December 14

10:30    PAC-12N     UCLA      Ball, Leaf

11:00    ESPNU        Arizona   Markkanen, Alkins, Simmons
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 05:48:43 PM by csfansince60s »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486

TP....interesting, thoughtful point of view.

Funny, the announcers were talking exactly about his recognizing that his game wasn't ready and how hard Bacon worked over the summer because " he didn't just want to make it to the next level, but to able to contribute substantially as soon as he got there."

They just said, after a Bacon 'and one, that he has become so much more efficient this year.

EDIT: but yeah, from a purely personal pov, anytime someone delays gratification for a greater reward down the road, that is indicative of maturity to me.

Very interesting TP. The more I think about it, the less I can say staying in college OR going to the nba are signs of maturity. For example, the point you said about working on your game shows maturity, while some players may stay because they dont want to change their future (sign of immaturity.)

On the other hand, going to the nba right away because you think you are a top dog and dont have to work on your game is a sign of immaturity. Or if you realize you have reached the peak of your college development, and you can only get better against much better players (even as a freshy), that is mature. Or say you grew up in poverty, your parents live in poverty, and you are projected as a first round pick. You decide that while you love college, your family needs you to escape the cycle of poverty, so you go pro. Worst case scenario you bust hard, and ONLY make a few million. Your family is most likely better off now (assuming you dont blow it like an idiot.) That is a mature decision.

Basically I think I cant say its immature or mature one way or the other. Anyone can make either decision, and their personal reasons are what make it mature or immature. TP for giving me fuel to think about this more.
#JKJB