Author Topic: Monday 4/3: Draft prospects playing on TV today (ongoing) 2017 Draft  (Read 119207 times)

Re: Top 20 draft prospects playing on TV tonight (ongoing) 2017 Draft
« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2016, 03:30:57 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Nice win for UCLA on the road.  Ball really has great court vision and handles.  Good athlete with great length for a point.  UCLA's ball movement was outstanding until late in the game when both teams were clearly tiring.  Draft Express has a nice piece out on his impact on the team: http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Lonzo-Ball-Transforming-UCLA-5727/.

Leaf and Holiday both impressed off the bench for UCLA.  Fox looked like the best player for Kentucky, and Adebayo was certainly a beast inside.  Adebayo also shot well from the line which will be big for a player with his skillset.

« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2016, 04:43:41 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Nice win for UCLA on the road.  Ball really has great court vision and handles.  Good athlete with great length for a point.  UCLA's ball movement was outstanding until late in the game when both teams were clearly tiring.  Draft Express has a nice piece out on his impact on the team: http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Lonzo-Ball-Transforming-UCLA-5727/.

Leaf and Holiday both impressed off the bench for UCLA.  Fox looked like the best player for Kentucky, and Adebayo was certainly a beast inside.  Adebayo also shot well from the line which will be big for a player with his skillset.
Ball has exceeded my expectations.  Better all around player than I thought and he's effective without the ball.  Coming in as a freshman and taking charge of an experienced team says a lot for his maturity and leadership. 

Fox is on his way to becoming my favorite (not best) player in this draft.  Just needs to develop his jump shot.  Adebayo has looked better each time I've seen him.  For someone so large, to be able to step out on the perimeter and defend so well is very impressive. 

« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2016, 06:09:02 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell

Ball has exceeded my expectations.  Better all around player than I thought and he's effective without the ball.  Coming in as a freshman and taking charge of an experienced team says a lot for his maturity and leadership. 

Fox is on his way to becoming my favorite (not best) player in this draft.  Just needs to develop his jump shot.  Adebayo has looked better each time I've seen him.  For someone so large, to be able to step out on the perimeter and defend so well is very impressive.

I didn't know anything about Fox coming in to today's game, but his jump shot looked pretty solid.   He's got good size for a point too.

I noticed the same thing about Adebayo.  If he develops some offensive skills he'll be a real force. 

« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2016, 06:18:35 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Looks like Tatum is back from injury today. He is currently playing.

« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2016, 07:48:33 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
Bolden played too.  So now just need Giles back.  DraftExpress has Tatum and Jackson as the same size but Tatum appears significantly bigger. 

« Reply #80 on: December 04, 2016, 10:04:18 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2237
UPDATE:  Sunday, 12/4

2 p.m. ACC/NS  Clemson    Jaron Blossomgame

4 p.m. ESPN2   Indiana   Thomas Bryant  and OG Anunoby (May not play, ankle)

4 p.m. CBSSN      Fla. St.    Jonathan Isaac, Dwayne Bacon

« Reply #81 on: December 04, 2016, 04:50:06 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
Draft Express has a couple good videos up on Ball and Fox from yesterday's game.

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Matchup-Video-Lonzo-Ball-vs-Kentucky-5730/

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Matchup-Video-DeAaron-Fox-vs-UCLA-5729/

Does anyone else find it impossible to listen to these with the sound on?  Just brutal music choices.

« Reply #82 on: December 04, 2016, 05:11:56 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
Bolden played too.  So now just need Giles back.  DraftExpress has Tatum and Jackson as the same size but Tatum appears significantly bigger.
Yeah really liked what I saw from Bolden. Used his length to change shots around the rim, exhibited a back to the basket game, and was grabbing O-Reb. He really looks like the game changing talent that we need in the frontcourt to make us a dangerous team. Definitely can't wait to see more!!

« Reply #83 on: December 04, 2016, 05:34:02 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
Yeah really liked what I saw from Bolden. Used his length to change shots around the rim, exhibited a back to the basket game, and was grabbing O-Reb. He really looks like the game changing talent that we need in the frontcourt to make us a dangerous team. Definitely can't wait to see more!!

TP...That's good news about Bolden. The more bigs at the top of the draft, the better for us and our pick. Right now Giles (?), Markkanen and Raab are the only ones deserving to be in the top 20. Jarrett Allen from Texas looks a long way away and I only see his stock slipping before it might go up again.

Thomas Bryant is someone that could move up in the mocks. He's on now with Indiana, but I haven't been able to watch.

« Reply #84 on: December 04, 2016, 05:36:05 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
Draft Express has a couple good videos up on Ball and Fox from yesterday's game.

Does anyone else find it impossible to listen to these with the sound on?  Just brutal music choices.

TP, 'dawg, and thanks for the vids.

Ball's presence, maturity and leadership impress me as well as his skills. (I know that i've said this before)

Fox's under control quickness is extremely impressive.

« Reply #85 on: December 04, 2016, 05:39:07 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
Only saw part of the 2nd half so didn't get to see Bolden too much.  Bolden is going to have to look really, really good to make it into the top 5 of this draft.  Next viewing is Tuesday at 9:00 on ESPN.  Maybe Giles will be playing too. 

« Reply #86 on: December 04, 2016, 05:40:06 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76

TP...That's good news about Bolden. The more bigs at the top of the draft, the better for us and our pick. Right now Giles (?), Markkanen and Raab are the only ones deserving to be in the top 20. Jarrett Allen from Texas looks a long way away and I only see his stock slipping before it might go up again.

Thomas Bryant is someone that could move up in the mocks. He's on now with Indiana, but I haven't been able to watch.

If I were the Celtics as for today and let's say we ended up with the 5th overall pick this would be my big board:
1. Jaysom Tatum
2.Marques Bolden
3. Ivan Rabb
4. Harry Giles
5. De'Aaron Fox

God this is such a deep and exciting draft!!!!!

« Reply #87 on: December 04, 2016, 05:47:37 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
Only saw part of the 2nd half so didn't get to see Bolden too much.  Bolden is going to have to look really, really good to make it into the top 5 of this draft.  Next viewing is Tuesday at 9:00 on ESPN.  Maybe Giles will be playing too.

I missed Bryant today. Did/are you watching him. If so, what do you think. He has looked real solid to me in other games that I saw him.

« Reply #88 on: December 04, 2016, 06:17:40 PM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel

TP, 'dawg, and thanks for the vids.

Ball's presence, maturity and leadership impress me as well as his skills. (I know that i've said this before)

Fox's under control quickness is extremely impressive.

Ball looks bad. If he struggles vs the strength and athleticism of UK, he'll struggle vs the strength and athleticism of the NBA.

It looks cool when he pulls up from long range and they go in, but he's gotta shoot it a lot better than 2-8 if he's gonna keep that Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. up. This kid has B-U-S-T written all over him.
My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier

« Reply #89 on: December 04, 2016, 07:14:13 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

I missed Bryant today. Did/are you watching him. If so, what do you think. He has looked real solid to me in other games that I saw him.
I didn't see today's game but I've seen him in a few others this year.  Bryant looks like a solid college player but I don't see him being a lottery pick in this draft.  Someone on here compared him to Embiid but I don't see it.