Author Topic: Monday 4/3: Draft prospects playing on TV today (ongoing) 2017 Draft  (Read 119213 times)

Re: Top 20 draft prospects playing on TV tonight (ongoing) 2017 Draft
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2016, 09:15:25 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2237
UPDATE:   Monday 11/28

7 p.m. Kentucky:     Malik Monk, De'Aaron Fox, Bam Abedayo and  Isaiah Briscoe

on ESPN2

Kentucky is the only notable game tonight.

If you're bored, also on at 11 p.m. on PAC12 Network is Chris Boucher (almost 24 years old ), Jordan Bell and Dillon Brooks for Oregon, all projected 2nd rounders.
Florida State is playing on ESPNU right now.  Unfortunately, I don't get that channel anymore.  Been looking forward to seeing Isaac.

Thanks..also....Dwayne Bacon was a potential first rounder last year in many mocks.  He is fun to watch too.
Hopefully I'll get to judge that with my own eyes before too much longer. 

Another prospect to keep an eye on is Robert Williams for Texas A&M.  NBA folks at the NBA tournament apparently said he'd go in the 1st round and he's 31 on the new DraftExpress mock.  He looked raw but good against UCLA.

I agree on Williams.  He impressed me in that game too. Especially with his aggression. Big, strong, quick. Had some great blocks. On one he got T'd up for using the F word after a loud block. (Glad the refs are getting tighter on that in college). He learned, though, and on his next block acted like he'd been there before. Nice to see that.

« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2016, 11:08:00 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Prospect viewing for 11/29 

6:30  FS1 -  Xavier: Edmond Sumner

8:00 ESPN3 - Kansas: Josh Jackson

9:00  ESPNU -  N.C. State: Dennis Smith

9:30 ESPN - Duke:  Grayson Allen  vs.  Michigan State:  Myles Bridges

« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2016, 06:46:25 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
Prospect viewing for 11/29 

6:30  FS1 -  Xavier: Edmond Sumner

8:00 ESPN3 - Kansas: Josh Jackson

9:00  ESPNU -  N.C. State: Dennis Smith

9:30 ESPN - Duke:  Grayson Allen  vs.  Michigan State:  Myles Bridges

Sumner had some nice dishes last night, but held scoreless for 1st half vs poor competition.

Smith was kept under wraps by a pretty good looking Illini team.

Bridges (as the tread on him suggests) is definitely a climber and has all the tools of a top 10 pick.

Grayson Allen was 5/11 from 3.

« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2016, 06:51:19 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
The couple times I've seen duke this year I thought Kennard looked better than Allen.  Haven't seen any talk about him.

« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2016, 06:54:27 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
UPDATE Wednesday, November 30

9 p.m. PAC -12 Network........................ Arizona..... Markkanen, Atkins, Trier

9:15 ESPN...........................UNC vs Ind...OG Anunoby, Thomas Bryant (ind)
                                                               Justin Jackson, Isaiah Hicks (UNC)
9:15 ESPNU.........................Clemson ...Jaron Blossongame

11:00 PAc-12.......................UCLA........Lonzo Ball (my favorite next to a
                                                          Healthy Giles, if that happens)           

« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2016, 07:07:41 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
The couple times I've seen duke this year I thought Kennard looked better than Allen.  Haven't seen any talk about him.
Kennard's not on the DraftExpress mock and he's a 2nd rounder in the NBADraft.net mock.  There's a good chance he returns for his junior season.  Allen is projected by both as late 1st round. 

« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2016, 07:15:57 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
Kennard's not on the DraftExpress mock and he's a 2nd rounder in the NBADraft.net mock.  There's a good chance he returns for his junior season.  Allen is projected by both as late 1st round.

Allen has been injured with a turf toe type injury, but he keeps playing and he's a tough guy. Also, with the three star freshmen out,  he's been asked to carry a huge load.

When these guys return he will be able to be far more efficient with all these better players around him, and I think we will see him climb  in the mocks, getting healthier physically and having a lot more help.

« Reply #67 on: November 30, 2016, 07:20:46 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

9 p.m. PAC -12 Network........................ Arizona..... Markkanen, Atkins, Trier

9:15 ESPN...........................UNC vs Ind...OG Anunoby, Thomas Bryant (ind)

11:00 PAc-12.......................UCLA........Lonzo Ball (my favorite next to a
I'm like a kid in a candy store.  I'm overwhelmed by all the choices.  Way too many talented players to have to choose just one. 
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 07:36:11 PM by tazzmaniac »

« Reply #68 on: November 30, 2016, 09:03:31 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas

I'm like a kid in a candy store.  I'm overwhelmed by all the choices.  Way too many talented players to have to choose just one.

And it's only gonna get better with all the holiday tourneys and all. ;D

« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2016, 06:40:33 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
UPDATE: Friday, December 2nd

7 p.m. ESPN3    Indiana:   OG Anunoby, Thomas Bryant

9:30    ESPNU    Texas:     Jarrett Allen

EDIT:Anunoby out "indefinitely" with sprained ankle
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 07:19:13 PM by csfansince60s »

« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2016, 01:55:43 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
12/3 - Good time to be a coach potato and watch top prospects all day 

12:30  CBS -  UCLA vs Kentucky:  Ball, Monk, Fox, Bam, ...   

3:30  ESPN -  Kansas: Josh Jackson

3:30  ESPN2 -  Xavier:  Edmond Sumner

4:00  Pac12 NW -  Cal:  Rabb

4:30  ACC NW - N.C. State:  Dennis Smith

4:30  Big Ten NW - Michigan State:  Bridges

5:30  ESPN -  Arizona:  Markkanen

5:30  ESPN2 -  Duke:  Frank Jackson and Allen    (Still no Giles, Tatum or Bolden) 

« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2016, 10:22:25 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas

5:30  ESPN2 -  Duke:  Frank Jackson and Allen    (Still no Giles, Tatum or Bolden)

TP, tazz. Thanks for the update!

Ball and Monk are two of the players I've most enjoyed watching so far.

When Giles, Bolden and Tatum are ready to play for Duke. they will show why Duke got many pre-season #1 rankings. Sounds like they have been participating in practices (not sure to what extent) and it sounds like Bolden and Tatum especially are close. Here's a little blurb on their status.

Harry Giles, the No. 2 rated recruit in the 2016 class, underwent a minor knee surgery before the season and was expected to be out six weeks. It's been almost eight weeks, and he's remained at the end of the bench for Duke. Giles has appeared in warmups the past week for Duke, and it's entirely possible that he could make his return soon. Of the three freshmen, however, he will likely be the last to make a return.

The other two freshmen who have not appeared in games -- Jayson Tatum and Marques Bolden -- are in a similar situation as Giles. They've participated in warmups, but still, no action.

Tatum suffered a sprained foot in a late October practice, and Bolden suffered a lower leg injury that has held him out.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/its-entirely-possible-that-all-these-injuries-end-up-making-duke-even-better/

« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2016, 10:59:23 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

TP, tazz. Thanks for the update!

Ball and Monk are two of the players I've most enjoyed watching so far.

When Giles, Bolden and Tatum are ready to play for Duke. they will show why Duke got many pre-season #1 rankings. Sounds like they have been participating in practices (not sure to what extent) and it sounds like Bolden and Tatum especially are close. Here's a little blurb on their status.

Harry Giles, the No. 2 rated recruit in the 2016 class, underwent a minor knee surgery before the season and was expected to be out six weeks. It's been almost eight weeks, and he's remained at the end of the bench for Duke. Giles has appeared in warmups the past week for Duke, and it's entirely possible that he could make his return soon. Of the three freshmen, however, he will likely be the last to make a return.

The other two freshmen who have not appeared in games -- Jayson Tatum and Marques Bolden -- are in a similar situation as Giles. They've participated in warmups, but still, no action.

Tatum suffered a sprained foot in a late October practice, and Bolden suffered a lower leg injury that has held him out.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/its-entirely-possible-that-all-these-injuries-end-up-making-duke-even-better/
TP for the injury update. 

« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2016, 12:52:18 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
watch this zona game tonight and tell me what you guys think of Kobi Simmons.  Athletic freak. 

« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2016, 01:18:24 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Watching UCLA Kentucky right now, ridiculous athleticism on both teams.  Very small sample size impressions:

Ball has an easy handle, very skilled with the ball.  A little lackadaisical overall unless he has the ball.  Had a great D possession blocking Monk when he tried to drive on him, followed up by getting schooled by Fox on a drive.  Kids.

Fox is explosive and has a great crossover.

Adebayo certainly looks the part of Biyambo type player, active and athletic big.  Anibigobu from UCLA also fits that description, hadn't heard of him.