Author Topic: Monday 4/3: Draft prospects playing on TV today (ongoing) 2017 Draft  (Read 119587 times)

Re: Top 20 draft prospects playing on TV tonight (ongoing) 2017 Draft
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2016, 03:13:43 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
UPDATE: Friday 11/25

7 p.m. (SECN) Kentucky: Malik Monk, De'Aaron Fox, Bam Abedayo

10 p.m. (FS1) Arizona    ; Lauri Markkanen, Alonzo Trier, Rawle Alkins
Trier is not playing and apparently Arizona hasn't said why or when he will play.  Some speculation it is an eligibility issue.  Didn't know Alkins was a prospect.  Hasn't stood out in the games I've watched. 

Kentucky is fun to watch.  Malik Monk is a highlight reel in the open court.  Bam looked much better.  Moves incredibly well for such a large man.  Love Fox.  He really knows how to run an offense but works well without the ball too. 

Lauri Markkanen continues to look like a good replacement for KO.  He doesn't play like a freshman. 

Also caught Kansas and UCLA games.  Josh Jackson is looking much better since Self told him to be more assertive.  Active on offense and defense with a few freshman lapses.  Excellent passer.  Lonzo Ball looked better than in the 1st game I saw of him.  Thought he was more of a chucker but he's really pass 1st.  Funky shot but he's making a high percentage. 

« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2016, 03:22:35 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
Top prospect viewing on 11/26. 

Duke @ 12:00 on ACC network - Still no Giles, Taytum and Bolden.  Have to settle for Allen and Jackson. 

NC State @ 4:00 on ACC network - Dennis Smith

« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2016, 01:19:26 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
UPDATE: Sunday November 27

4 p.m. Indiana...... O.G. Anunoby and Thomas Bryant on ESPN3

8:30   UCLA..........Lonzo Ball on ESPN

« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2016, 10:31:46 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas

".............  Lonzo Ball looked better than in the 1st game I saw of him.  Thought he was more of a chucker but he's really pass 1st.  Funky shot but he's making a high percentage.

Lonzo Ball does it ALL!

Man,16-10-5 and 4/9 from three  with at least two blocks inside the paint and MVP of the Wooden Legacy Tourney.

Despite being  obviously the most skilled player on the floor, his biggest contribution to me was the maturity and  leadership beyond his years that he demonstrated. On one play, he grabbed his teammate, Holiday, so that he wouldn't go after a Texas A&M player after he was hard fouled.  One another, he was barking at his teammate Alford to bring the ball across half-court quicker to avoid a violation.

Skill, poise, leadership and situational awareness. The kid has it all!

« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2016, 11:51:13 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

".............  Lonzo Ball looked better than in the 1st game I saw of him.  Thought he was more of a chucker but he's really pass 1st.  Funky shot but he's making a high percentage.

Lonzo Ball does it ALL!

Man,16-10-5 and 4/9 from three  with at least two blocks inside the paint and MVP of the Wooden Legacy Tourney.

Despite being  obviously the most skilled player on the floor, his biggest contribution to me was the maturity and  leadership beyond his years that he demonstrated. On one play, he grabbed his teammate, Holiday, so that he wouldn't go after a Texas A&M player after he was hard fouled.  One another, he was barking at his teammate Alford to bring the ball across half-court quicker to avoid a violation.

I like him, but I'm really interested in watching more Tatum and Jackson... Giles definitely looks interesting, of course his injury history is concerning, but his potential as a two way player with LMA-like qualities is certainly tantalizing..
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2016, 12:05:24 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas

Lonzo Ball does it ALL!

I like him, but I'm really interested in watching more Tatum and Jackson... Giles definitely looks interesting, of course his injury history is concerning, but his potential as a two way player with LMA-like qualities is certainly tantalizing..

Tatum, Bolden and Giles, I hope we all get to see soon.

Seen Jackson a couple of times and not overly impressed like I have been with Ball.

Monk is one to watch.

Edit: Monkhouse to watch Monk...TP

« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2016, 12:10:25 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Lonzo Ball does it ALL!

Seen Jackson a couple of times and not overly impressed like I have been with Ball.

Monk is one to watch.

I like Ball, but man... His shot just looks weird and awkward... I don't know, can he really get it over defenses in the NBA?

I fear for someone who's at a height advantage for his position, will end up becoming like a better MCW. A slightly above rotational back up PG, that could start on some teams, but ultimately is better off the bench or spark starting minutes ala Shaun Livingston.

And TP back at ya lol. I love Malik Monk. But isn't he going like in the late lottery? I just don't see him top 7 pick potential, which I assume we're picking at?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2016, 12:33:33 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas

Lonzo Ball does it ALL!

Monk is one to watch.

I like Ball, but man... His shot just looks weird and awkward... I don't know, can he really get it over defenses in the NBA?

I fear for someone who's at a height advantage for his position, will end up becoming like a better MCW. A slightly above rotational back up PG, that could start on some teams, but ultimately is better off the bench or spark starting minutes ala Shaun Livingston.

And TP back at ya lol. I love Malik Monk. But isn't he going like in the late lottery? I just don't see him top 7 pick potential, which I assume we're picking at?

Latest draft express (updated tonight at 11:57 ) has Monk at 5 just behind Ball.

And you're right about that low release from Ball, but he gets it off pretty quickly and he's pretty long in his own right.

« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2016, 05:14:43 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
UPDATE:   Monday 11/28

7 p.m. Kentucky:     Malik Monk, De'Aaron Fox, Bam Abedayo and  Isaiah Briscoe

on ESPN2

Kentucky is the only notable game tonight.

If you're bored, also on at 11 p.m. on PAC12 Network is Chris Boucher (almost 24 years old ), Jordan Bell and Dillon Brooks for Oregon, all projected 2nd rounders.

« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2016, 05:52:25 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

Lonzo Ball does it ALL!

Monk is one to watch.

Latest draft express (updated tonight at 11:57 ) has Monk at 5 just behind Ball.

And you're right about that low release from Ball, but he gets it off pretty quickly and he's pretty long in his own right.
speaking of draftexpress, giles is now at #13. wow, what a drop. they dont explain why. is it because of not playing? or something about his recovery/injuries?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2016, 06:59:57 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas

Lonzo Ball does it ALL!

Monk is one to watch.

speaking of draftexpress, giles is now at #13. wow, what a drop. they dont explain why. is it because of not playing? or something about his recovery/injuries?

Great observation.

I saw that too and was wondering the same.

For everyone's sake, let's hope it's the former.

The more talent at the top, the better.

« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2016, 07:15:28 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

on ESPN2

If you're bored, also on at 11 p.m. on PAC12 Network is Chris Boucher (almost 24 years old ), Jordan Bell and Dillon Brooks for Oregon, all projected 2nd rounders.
Florida State is playing on ESPNU right now.  Unfortunately, I don't get that channel anymore.  Been looking forward to seeing Isaac. 

« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2016, 07:26:27 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

Lonzo Ball does it ALL!

Monk is one to watch.

It would be nice if they'd put a bit of commentary explaining the movement.  Jayson Tatum isn't playing either and he only dropped a spot or two.  Unless there is something significant, I don't see how Giles could drop below Rabb. 

« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2016, 07:27:06 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas

on ESPN2

Florida State is playing on ESPNU right now.  Unfortunately, I don't get that channel anymore.  Been looking forward to seeing Isaac.

Thanks..also....Dwayne Bacon was a potential first rounder last year in many mocks.  He is fun to watch too.

« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2016, 08:19:41 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

on ESPN2

Thanks..also....Dwayne Bacon was a potential first rounder last year in many mocks.  He is fun to watch too.
Hopefully I'll get to judge that with my own eyes before too much longer. 

Another prospect to keep an eye on is Robert Williams for Texas A&M.  NBA folks at the NBA tournament apparently said he'd go in the 1st round and he's 31 on the new DraftExpress mock.  He looked raw but good against UCLA.