Author Topic: Monday 4/3: Draft prospects playing on TV today (ongoing) 2017 Draft  (Read 119582 times)

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I started a thread on this during March Madness last year. Due to all our picks last year, it was a pretty wide net for players in our selection wheelhouse.

This year, I figured we could do top 20 players on Draftexpress and nbadraft.net who are playing on any particular night as things change so much in players rankings.

I missed the first game tonight  with Kentucky in the Chamipons Classic at MSG.

The second game is Duke vs Kansas, on now. ESPN

Players to watch? (I don't know who's injured (Giles?):

Josh Jackson. (UK)
Harry Giles. Duke out
Jayson Tatum Duke out
Grayson Allen Duke
Marques Bolden Duke out
Frank Jackson. Duke

I will try to update this thread as often as I can during the season, but TPs to anyone who updates it.

Gonna watch the game now.

Edit: I know that it's early for this but  I like college hoops,  and I know a lot of folks on here follow the draft stuff early on.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 11:50:44 AM by csfansince60s »

Re: Top 20 draft prospects playing on TV tonight (ongoing) 2017 Draft
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 10:13:53 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
I really like Grayson Allen. Can shoot, is a pretty solid passer from what I've seen, underrated athletically.

Josh Jackson hasn't impressed me today. Just got a Technical foul too.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 10:17:55 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
I really like Grayson Allen. Can shoot, is a pretty solid passer from what I've seen, underrated athletically.

Agree about Allen. Can really attack close outs too.

Jackson is a fiery guy, very intense. One of his best traits.

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 10:19:51 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
Call me a homer, but I'd take Lauri Markkanen right now over all our big man for the next five years.  He's like a KO that can actually play.

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 10:25:12 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
Call me a homer, but I'd take Lauri Markkanen right now over all our big man for the next five years.  He's like a KO that can actually play.

Curious: what does he do that KO doesn't do? Basically, what's he doing that shows you he "can play" but KO can't?
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2016, 10:54:36 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
Malik monk looked pretty good earlier for Kentucky with 23 and 6 rb.

Good handle, looks more a scorer than pure shooter. Good court awareness too.

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2016, 11:56:24 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320

I don't see "it" while watching Josh Jackson. Not sure I love his shot. He's being compared to Wiggins. Is he as good as Wiggins was at Kansas, esp on defense? Right now he's projected to be a top 5 pick.

I'm still hoping that Harry Giles drops to us, esp if he sits out the whole year. This lets him recover while studying the game under Coach K. Big time athlete with size. I think he's an Amare or even Blake Griffin type talent.

I'm also interested in a couple of the guards, such as Dennis Smith and Fultz. Either one or Giles and I think it's a big win for the Celtics.

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2016, 12:45:00 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas

I don't see "it" while watching Josh Jackson. Not sure I love his shot. He's being compared to Wiggins. Is he as good as Wiggins was at Kansas, esp on defense? Right now he's projected to be a top 5 pick.

I'm still hoping that Harry Giles drops to us, esp if he sits out the whole year. This lets him recover while studying the game under Coach K. Big time athlete with size. I think he's an Amare or even Blake Griffin type talent.

I'm also interested in a couple of the guards, such as Dennis Smith and Fultz. Either one or Giles and I think it's a big win for the Celtics.

I didn't see enough of Jackson tonight to see for myself what all the pundits see in him. I think he played 14 minutes before fouling out, but he showed flashes and seemed real aggressive.

I agree on Giles and think he can be the high risk/ high reward gamble that Embid was.

I am looking forward to seeing a lot of these other prospects play. Should be a fun season. Right now theyre all just comments on pundits paper and old film.

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2016, 12:46:46 AM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2016, 01:06:17 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
Markelle Fultz highlights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDaWXb3RA8g&t=0s

Is it just me, or was that the quietest 30 points ever? lol. maybe it's because it looked so easy for him. looked like he was barely trying and he was still getting good looks.

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2016, 02:03:58 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas

Is it just me, or was that the quietest 30 points ever? lol. maybe it's because it looked so easy for him. looked like he was barely trying and he was still getting good looks.

You guys will be able to see Fultz this Sunday night vs Northern Arizona at 8 p.m. On the PAC-12 Network.

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2016, 02:10:40 AM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker

You guys will be able to see Fultz this Sunday night vs Northern Arizona at 8 p.m. On the PAC-12 Network.

thanks. looking forward to it.

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2016, 03:39:19 AM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76

I didn't see enough of Jackson tonight to see for myself what all the pundits see in him. I think he played 14 minutes before fouling out, but he showed flashes and seemed real aggressive.

I agree on Giles and think he can be the high risk/ high reward gamble that Embid was.

I am looking forward to seeing a lot of these other prospects play. Should be a fun season. Right now theyre all just comments on pundits paper and old film.

Praying that we can get a player like Giles. Be a good off-season to our frontcourt to add Giles and then add some seasoned rooks in Ante Zizic and Yabusele. Probably still add a vet in FA or steal, but that would definitely bring our frontcourt an injection of youth and energy that we need.  All on cheap contracts and allow us to potentially bring in another valuable FA.

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2016, 09:55:36 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas

Praying that we can get a player like Giles. Be a good off-season to our frontcourt to add Giles and then add some seasoned rooks in Ante Zizic and Yabusele. Probably still add a vet in FA or steal, but that would definitely bring our frontcourt an injection of youth and energy that we need.  All on cheap contracts and allow us to potentially bring in another valuable FA.

Me too on Giles.
A healthy Giles is a franchise player.

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2016, 10:04:03 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Malik monk looked pretty good earlier for Kentucky with 23 and 6 rb.

Good handle, looks more a scorer than pure shooter. Good court awareness too.

I was very impressed with him. And he was killing the three.

Pleasantly surprised.